• Total voters

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
Left or Right?

_31710.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what reason are you looking for an answer? If one of these stones is for you, I would
really want to see how well they are cut and tell you which one looks whiter face up (even though that's not how it's done).

Or, are you just trying to see if we can differentiate between the two "I"s?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are close. But face up is what really matters. Neither is a really low I as far as I can tell. I have had a low I here to look at before, and it was more tinted than either of those.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1435617760|3896530 said:
For what reason are you looking for an answer? If one of these stones is for you, I would
really want to see how well they are cut and tell you which one looks whiter face up (even though that's not how it's done).

Or, are you just trying to see if we can differentiate between the two "I"s?

They are both Super Ideal H&A diamonds that I am considering.

1.26ct
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-27ct-i-vs2-superior-round-hearts-and-arrows-diamond.html

1.35ct
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-35ct-i-vs2-superior-round-hearts-and-arrows-diamond.html

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An odd observation on the way brains work. When you're color grading, you need to switch which stone is on the left and right to get a full picture. Every one has a slight color bias to one side. Normally you see color better towards the same side as the hand you write with but not always. GIA teaches to look at the stone and the master one way, then switch them and do it again. It's amazing how often it makes a difference.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
denverappraiser|1435618868|3896538 said:
An odd observation on the way brains work. When you're color grading, you need to switch which stone is on the left and right to get a full picture. Every one has a slight color bias to one side. Normally you see color better towards the same side as the hand you write with but not always. GIA teaches to look at the stone and the master one way, then switch them and do it again. It's amazing how often it makes a difference.

Like this? ;-)

_31711.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this last picture the one on the left looks like it has less tint to me.

In the first picture, they both look like they have tint but the 1.35 had a tint that went ever so slightly brown and the other one had
the ever so slightly yellow.

I think your best bet would be to ask Jon or someone at GOG who can look at the stones.

They are both beautiful stones...can you not find anything else to base your decision on? One is bigger, one cost less money, etc.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
denverappraiser|1435618868|3896538 said:

Thank you for writing this, that's interesting.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seem to remember reading something about look how clear as in sharply you can see the edges or corners, point of the stone too as less color looks sharper in shape.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1435620328|3896548 said:
In this last picture the one on the left looks like it has less tint to me.

In the first picture, they both look like they have tint but the 1.35 had a tint that went ever so slightly brown and the other one had
the ever so slightly yellow.

I think your best bet would be to ask Jon or someone at GOG who can look at the stones.

They are both beautiful stones...can you not find anything else to base your decision on? One is bigger, one cost less money, etc.
It's the same picture just flipped horizontally as you can see, it's interesting how perception can change with something so slight.

I had one of the gentleman at GOG take a look for me, and he was able to provide me this picture of the two. He said they are both average "I"s. Could go either way.

I'm stuck between the two as I think the right is more colorless and the GF think's the left is more colorless. However, I do like the stat's a bit more on the 1.35. I'll throw them into my pile I'm considering.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The choice between these two can't be based on color because they are too close for that to be a deciding factor. They both have a great cut. They have the same clarity. The 1.35 is a little larger. So if it is in budget, I'd choose the 1.35!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, both look exactly the same to me. Don't even think I'd be able to see the difference in diameter IRL.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
baby monster|1435625413|3896572 said:
FWIW, both look exactly the same to me. Don't even think I'd be able to see the difference in diameter IRL.

I currently have a 6.7mm round so the increase to either one of these will be noticeable at least :).

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
I hope everyone that is voting is aware that for the second picture I flipped the image. Hope you guys aren't voting for the second picture for the poll. Base all votes off the original top Image.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
With the exception of weight, they both seem to be equal in all aspects but I like the ASET for the 1.26ct better. There's slightly more red in it.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
UrsTx|1435631276|3896605 said:
With the exception of weight, they both seem to be equal in all aspects but I like the ASET for the 1.26ct better. There's slightly more red in it.
I did notice that, but I'm hoping that's more of a strong backlighting affect than diamond performance lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results