shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really low-brow, but I'm loving Clumpcrusher by lashblast mascara, by Cover Girl. Easy on, easy off, and it stays on all day with no smudging. (I get the regular formula, which is advertised as being "water resistant," rather than the waterproof formula). It's a very basic mascara without a lot of lengtheners or fillers though - this wouldn't have met my needs when my lashes were shorter. But now that my lashes are longer and pretty much curl on their own, this is my every day mascara.

2417181.jpg

When I recently went blonde, I realized that most of my old lipsticks just wouldn't work anymore, so off I went to Sephora for some new colors that would fit my new look and have a bit of a summertime feel. I love the two Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipsticks I ended up with: Rapture, a plummy color, and Anarchy, a midling pink. The color is sheer and feels very moisturizing, but goes on without the goopy look you get with some lip glosses. It has pretty good staying power but doesn't have to be removed with some chemical concoction. And... the tube is so pretty! 8) :kiss:

s1678861-main-hero-300.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1435589379|3896252 said:
CJ2008|1435584622|3896228 said:
distracts|1435545996|3896083 said:
CJ2008|1435536053|3895997 said:
Missy - do you find that the cleanser leaves your face feeling hydrated but clean?

I feel as I get older my skin is getting drier and drier and even Cetaphil will leave me feeling tight if I don't moisturize immediately after.
I am now using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (ETA I had put moisturizer before I meant cleanser) and I like it but it's still not "it."

I like the Say Yes to Cucumbers gel cleanser or gentle milk cleanser - I tend to just buy whichever one Target has. They are super gentle - the milk one is a tad less drying, but the gel one is much less drying than anything else I've ever used. My skin is VERY sensitive to cleansers and most are too harsh for me, including both Cetaphil and Cerave.

Thanks distracts.

I remember looking at that line but if I recall correctly they all have fragrance, right? That is a deal breaker for me.

Oh, they do. Too bad! I didn't even know that because I can't use so many things with fragrance. Sorry!

Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it! :) (my skin is not overly reactive, so I can often use things with fragrance without any major issues...but I don't want to, you know what I mean? I feel like I want the least, most gentle ingredients possible.)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lil Misfit|1435521151|3895856 said:
star sparkle|1435175976|3893712 said:
Yay, hope you both love it!

Got my samples Friday and tried it out Friday night. It worked great! I'm going to buy a full bottle once I use up all the samples. Thanks again for the tip!!!

Awesome! I've been wondering if you'd received them and how it worked for you, so I'm glad you posted an update! I just received my full size tube the other day, I'm thrilled. :appl:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1435411512|3895179 said:
This looks interesting! Does it easily remove stubborn mascara? I have some brands of mascara (none of them are waterproof) that you have to scrub to remove, which is hard on lashes. I'm always looking for ways to easily remove eye makeup without potentially damaging my lashes.

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I've tried many others, I'm actually currently using something different because I thought it might be a good idea to try something new. Bad idea. I should have known better than the mess with a great thing! No rubbing, no stinging, and it leaves your eye area moisturized.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
blingbunny10|1435459957|3895509 said:
House Cat|1435414088|3895187 said:
I installed a water filter in my shower and things are MUCH better for me. I chlorine tested our tap water once. It had more chlorine than my swimming pool. Once I knew that, I installed that filter that day. Now I don't itch when I come out of the shower and my hair is happier.

I also read that the off-gassing of chlorine into the lungs is very harmful when we are in the shower. Just another reason to install the filter. Funny how that seemed secondary to the itchiness and great hair...although it wasn't.

House Cat,
Do you mind sharing what kind of water filter you have in your shower? I looked into one of those attached filter thingies, but wasn't convinced it would work well with my shower head.

It's amazing what just adding a filter can do for those of us with hard/chemical water in our showers! I got the Shower Stick about 9 months ago, and my hair has never been in better shape. It's a little pricey, but very much worth the investment IMO. Unlike other filters that require complete replacement every so often, you just refresh this filter with salt which means the long-term costs may ultimately be cheaper.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1435586061|3896239 said:
packrat|1435378356|3895087 said:
yea, and I am thrilled that they finally sell a travel size in all shades. I have a big daddy tube from QVC

perfect, I'm going to give it a whirl!

W/that cleansing water posted earlier, is that just a makeup remover or is it a face wash too? Is it too much to use that to take my makeup off w/it and then use my Murad to wash my face?

Do you guys do your brows? I have a Jane Iredale pencil I got to put on mine but I rarely do it-it just seems weird. Someone did my makeup for my brothers wedding a few years ago and she got on me for not putting anything on mine.

Eyeshadow recommendations? I want to get that Stila Kitten for sure but any other colors?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1435599178|3896335 said:
This looks interesting! Does it easily remove stubborn mascara? I have some brands of mascara (none of them are waterproof) that you have to scrub to remove, which is hard on lashes. I'm always looking for ways to easily remove eye makeup without potentially damaging my lashes.

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I've tried many others, I'm actually currently using something different because I thought it might be a good idea to try something new. Bad idea. I should have known better than the mess with a great thing! No rubbing, no stinging, and it leaves your eye area moisturized.

Will that work to take foundation off too or would you need another one for that?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - do you find that the cleanser leaves your face feeling hydrated but clean?

I feel as I get older my skin is getting drier and drier and even Cetaphil will leave me feeling tight if I don't moisturize immediately after.
I am now using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (ETA I had put moisturizer before I meant cleanser) and I like it but it's still not "it."

Hi CJ, I cannot even use Cetaphil or Cerave anymore plus there are some not great (for me) ingredients in both of those. I can use the dermo cleanser and not have to moisturize right after and this is the first cleanser that has allowed me to do that. I have been using this cleanser now for almost 6 (?) months and so far so good. And you don't even have to rinse it off if your skin is being extra reactive that day. I do rinse it with the thermal water however. I really like the Toleriane dermo-cleanser. I also cannot tolerate fragrance of any kind so I totally am with you there too.

House Cat, I don't rinse my face with tap water when I am washing my face in the AM or removing makeup in the PM. I use the thermal water and spray it on and then gently wipe with a cotton round. However in the shower yes water does get on my face and as soon as I get out I spray the thermal water and gently wipe it off. I had thought about getting a filter for the shower and will look into what has been recommended here. It's just that most filters don't filter out fluoride and that is something I am avoiding as best I can. I remember looking into a filter that does filter out the fluoride and it seemed a real pain to install and it couldn't be a whole house filter which would be preferable for me. I am glad the filter is working well for you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only beauty product that can improve my appearance.

screen_shot_2015-06-29_at_12.png

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1435606493|3896418 said:
star sparkle|1435599178|3896335 said:

Will that work to take foundation off too or would you need another one for that?

It's just for eye makeup. I suppose you could try it on the rest of your face, but it's pretty thick and creamy and does moisturize quite a bit that I suspect it might make your whole face greasy/oily if you tried to use it to remove the rest of your foundation.

For day-to-day face cleansing, I just use the POND's wet cleansing towelettes. They do the trick for me, they're easy to travel with, and they're cheap!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1435606613|3896421 said:

Hi CJ, I cannot even use Cetaphil or Cerave anymore plus there are some not great (for me) ingredients in both of those. I can use the dermo cleanser and not have to moisturize right after and this is the first cleanser that has allowed me to do that. I have been using this cleanser now for almost 6 (?) months and so far so good. And you don't even have to rinse it off if your skin is being extra reactive that day. I do rinse it with the thermal water however. I really like the Toleriane dermo-cleanser. I also cannot tolerate fragrance of any kind so I totally am with you there too.

House Cat, I don't rinse my face with tap water when I am washing my face in the AM or removing makeup in the PM. I use the thermal water and spray it on and then gently wipe with a cotton round. However in the shower yes water does get on my face and as soon as I get out I spray the thermal water and gently wipe it off. I had thought about getting a filter for the shower and will look into what has been recommended here. It's just that most filters don't filter out fluoride and that is something I am avoiding as best I can. I remember looking into a filter that does filter out the fluoride and it seemed a real pain to install and it couldn't be a whole house filter which would be preferable for me. I am glad the filter is working well for you.

I just ordered it, Missy! Looking forward to trying it. Thank you!

AshBee

Rough_Rock
Just ordered a blush lipstick on Amazon, feeling like I want to receive a present to myself in the mail. :angel:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1435615813|3896518 said:
missy|1435606613|3896421 said:

I just ordered it, Missy! Looking forward to trying it. Thank you!

You're welcome CJ, I hope you like it! Let me know how it goes.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1435381770|3895097 said:
msop04|1435345086|3894872 said:
Best. Makeup Remover. Ever.
You just opened up a whole new world for me! I have never heard of cleansing water! I can't wait to try it!

Please try it -- it is amazing!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It removes EVERYTHING!! For eye makeup/mascara, I just saturate a cotton pad and let it sit on my closed eye for about 5 seconds -- wipes right off! No scrubbing (my eyes are sensitive and my lashes suck -- esp since I can't use Latisse during pregnancy)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1435451196|3895440 said:

I had shingles in my face 3 years ago, and now have (post herpetic) neuralgia on the left hand side of my face. Hence, I can't rub my eyes/eyebrows or barely even wash them. Hence, I've tried many many brands of make up removers for "sensitive eyes" the only one I can tolerate is Purete Thermale by Vichy. (don't know about stubborn mascara, but I wear YSL, Lancome and Chanel...probably standard formulas...)

cheers--Sharon

Ouch, that stinks! This product is very gentle -- even seems gentler than Cetaphil and all the other "super gentle" cleansers. I wear Bare Minerals powder makeup and blush on my face with all kinds of different eyeliners and such, but I've never had to do more than gently swipe it across my skin and it removes everything. Also, you don't really have to rinse with water (even though I do). It doesn't leave a residue or feel sticky like most do.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1435606350|3896415 said:
ame|1435586061|3896239 said:
packrat|1435378356|3895087 said:
yea, and I am thrilled that they finally sell a travel size in all shades. I have a big daddy tube from QVC

perfect, I'm going to give it a whirl!

W/that cleansing water posted earlier, is that just a makeup remover or is it a face wash too? Is it too much to use that to take my makeup off w/it and then use my Murad to wash my face?

You can use it as a face wash... it will dissolve impurities. I just use it as a makeup remover before I use my Obagi cleanser. If I'm being lazy, I'll just use the cleansing water and splash with tap water before moisturizer. I love it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you guys decide to try the cleansing water, buy it from Sephora (online or in store)... that way, you can return it if you don't care for it. :))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
msop04|1435678098|3896820 said:
If you guys decide to try the cleansing water, buy it from Sephora (online or in store)... that way, you can return it if you don't care for it. :))

I'm glad I signed up for the flash shipping when I was looking for foundation a few months ago at Sephora. I want to get one of the little clarisonics, that cleansing water, a couple eyeshadows..I wish they carried IT Cosmetics and MAC so I could just tack on the CC cream and foundation I want to try!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1435679379|3896828 said:
msop04|1435678098|3896820 said:

I'm glad I signed up for the flash shipping when I was looking for foundation a few months ago at Sephora. I want to get one of the little clarisonics, that cleansing water, a couple eyeshadows..I wish they carried IT Cosmetics and MAC so I could just tack on the CC cream and foundation I want to try!

I have flash shipping too!!! LOVE it!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1435596384|3896301 said:
This is really low-brow, but I'm loving Clumpcrusher by lashblast mascara, by Cover Girl. Easy on, easy off, and it stays on all day with no smudging. (I get the regular formula, which is advertised as being "water resistant," rather than the waterproof formula). It's a very basic mascara without a lot of lengtheners or fillers though - this wouldn't have met my needs when my lashes were shorter. But now that my lashes are longer and pretty much curl on their own, this is my every day mascara.

2417181.jpg

When I recently went blonde, I realized that most of my old lipsticks just wouldn't work anymore, so off I went to Sephora for some new colors that would fit my new look and have a bit of a summertime feel. I love the two Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipsticks I ended up with: Rapture, a plummy color, and Anarchy, a midling pink. The color is sheer and feels very moisturizing, but goes on without the goopy look you get with some lip glosses. It has pretty good staying power but doesn't have to be removed with some chemical concoction. And... the tube is so pretty! 8) :kiss:

Going to write the mascara down and look at the store. I've been using Maybelline Full N Soft for so many years-15 or so? I'd like to try something new/different w/out breaking the bank.

Is the lipstick sort of like a stain since it's sheer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1435596384|3896301 said:

2417181.jpg

Clumpcrusher is my daily mascara and UD Revolution Rapture is my daily lipstick! I have multiple tubes of it so that I can always have one to hand. Seconding these recs! (Oh, I just realized I have the regular Rapture, not the sheer. STILL.)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1435606350|3896415 said:
Do you guys do your brows? I have a Jane Iredale pencil I got to put on mine but I rarely do it-it just seems weird. Someone did my makeup for my brothers wedding a few years ago and she got on me for not putting anything on mine.

Eyeshadow recommendations? I want to get that Stila Kitten for sure but any other colors?

I don't know what you look like or what colors you like, but the MUFE shadows are really good, and I own and like a lot of the colors in this palette - http://www.sephora.com/nude-artist-palette-P396409?skuId=1688712

For my brows I use the Anastasia tinted brow gel - http://www.sephora.com/tinted-brow-gel-P187202?skuId=998856 - or else the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil - http://www.sephora.com/brow-wiz-P202633?skuId=1056084 - My eyebrows are pretty decently shaped so just need a little extra oomph, so I use the brow gel for everyday. I use the pencil then the gel if I want them to look really defined.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
azstonie|1435287627|3894537 said:
I have really sensitive skin and my eye area needed help because pretty much every product I tried would give me red blotches.

Not this. I love it. It makes my eye area look pretty, that's the real word, it looks pretty again instead of dry and oldish.

Onomie. Go to their website. No sulfates, parabens, etc. Arrived beautifully packed. They aren't spamming me, haven't heard from them since I bought which alarms me because I want this small American company to make it, dang it! I love the product.

I ordered the samples, too, as I have been looking for a nice concealer. It seems like a good formula, but, unfortunately, their lightest shade still looks awfully orange against my super fair skin, so it's not a winner. The brightening product is nice, but not an essential for me.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to post an update - my Hourglass blush in Incandescent Electra arrived and I absolutely love it =)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO glad JD was at Scheel's while I was at Sephora today and he stayed in the car when I went to the new Ulta that opened up. Yikes. He did follow me around and chat while I looked at makeup at Target.

I ordered the Matchmaster from MAC in two shades to try and they came this afternoon.

At Target I got two ELF eyeliners in plum and mocha, Loreal glossy lip balm in petite plum and an ELF foundation brush.

At Ulta I got the Stila Kitten shadow, IT cosmetics Bye Bye Pores loose powder, and the CC cream recommended on here-I got it in Fair which might be just a tiny bit too light but I think things turn darker on me after I have them on-like my skin oils mix w/them and make them darker so maybe it will work ok. And a Benefit brown mascara..beyond mascara or something it's called.

At Sephora I got that Dr Jart cleansing water-last one they had! Benefit high brow crayon in linen pink to try and do my water line and the UD De-slick setting spray. I also got a *real* sample of the UD naked in 1.0 that I'd been given the laughable sample of before.

The only thing I wanted that I couldn't find was the Clarisonic Acne cleansing system. I thought the one online at Sephora had two heads, the acne head and the delicate or sensitive head, so I didn't get the one at Ulta...got home just now and oops yeah it was the same as the one in the store. And maybe it would be better to just get a Mia 2 and then get a separate acne cleansing head.

I got the Paula's Choice samples-the foundation in the light is pretty similar to the UD Naked 2.0 that I'd been using-sheer coverage like that. Not bad. The oil control cream doesn't work super well for me...but I'm some kind of freak oil producer, so I'm not surprised. I got the Face Atelier samples yesterday and tried them today. The lightest shade-1-looked good in the bathroom and applied nicely-but when I was in the truck and looked in the mirror, it's too dark. Kind of an orangey look to it on me. I'm going to try it w/the sample of translucent powder tho and see if that makes a difference.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1435788755|3897636 said:
Is the lipstick sort of like a stain since it's sheer?

Packrat - sorry to be so long getting back to you. No, it's definitely not a stain. Think of it as a lightweight lipstick.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1435333582|3894765 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Skincare-Everglow-Moisturizer/dp/B002T5OBO0

Has anyone tried this stuff? It gets great reviews all over the internet and it is less than $5 at Walmart. I bought it yesterday. I am willing to be the guinea pig, but it would be nice to hear from someone on this site because our reviews seem to be much more thorough.
Worst tanner ever!

I used it for a week. No color change but now I have a case of bacne that rivals my teen years. I haven't had a breakout on my back in years!! Now to find a product to help this problem..

This is what I get for being cheap! Never again! I will just do spray tans.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1435981298|3898731 said:
House Cat|1435333582|3894765 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Skincare-Everglow-Moisturizer/dp/B002T5OBO0

Has anyone tried this stuff? It gets great reviews all over the internet and it is less than $5 at Walmart. I bought it yesterday. I am willing to be the guinea pig, but it would be nice to hear from someone on this site because our reviews seem to be much more thorough.
Worst tanner ever!

I used it for a week. No color change but now I have a case of bacne that rivals my teen years. I haven't had a breakout on my back in years!! Now to find a product to help this problem..

This is what I get for being cheap! Never again! I will just do spray tans.

Yikes! I wonder if it's because of the coconut oil? I know coconut oil causes a lot of people to break out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results