shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1435333145|3894753 said:
Oooh, good, let me know what you think!

One thing: The undereye concealer is different than the illuminating eye treatment. Loved them both, but since I don't get darkness under my eyes I didn't need the undereye concealer but I do see lots of benefit with the illuminating eye treatment PLUS it makes me look better immediately.

Okay, Loves Vintage (I like your avatar, woof!), here's what I do. It works for me; I went to a new dermatologist this year and she scrutinized my facial skin and said, "Early 40s?" Heh, 56 with lots of beach time as a kid.

1. I don't "wash" my face. I picked up mild rosacea while perimenopausal but a dermatologist I saw while in high school told me not to wash my face so I never did. I had good skin, no acne, etc., so constant washing was not indicated anyway. If I wore makeup on my face, which was rare, I did remove it. Now, if I need to remove sunscreen or concealer from my face, I use Burt's Bees towelettes for the job and it doesn't irritate my skin or activate my mild rosacea.
2. I do exfoliate. It keeps my face with a nice texture and it prevents enlarged pores and sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged pores on steroids in specific areas-->forehead, temples, etc.). After lots of expensive trial/error, this is the only exfoliator that does the job without destroying my sensitive skin. I use one pad on my face, on my decolletage, and on the tops of my hands. Wait 3 minutes, then shower or rinse. I get this on the website, you can also get good deals on them at QVC. Daily use is good.
3. My eye area is super dry and from the dryness if I'm not on top of it I get what the derms call "cobblestoning!" Yay for moi. So I use the Kiehl's you see in the pic, couple times a week. It doesn't move and its not shiny after a few minutes so sometimes I put it on in the morning and sometimes in the evening. OH! If you get those awful cross-hatched lines under your eyes, this KILLS it!!! I use a Q_Tip to apply it to the area then my pinkie to pat it in. I don't put my finger in anything, germs...
4. I use Clinique's redness solution moisturizer if my face feels dry in the morning. I use the PTR unwrinkle night cream in the winter if my face feels dry, its very rich, no more than 3 times in a week is enough. I've used the PTR 10% glycolic acid moisturizer and it was FAB for exfoliation and sun damage UNTIL the mild rosacea showed up, and its a no-go with it, the exfoliator pads are what I turned to and they work well. If I see enlarged pores on my forehead or temples or if my nose has some blackheads I use the glycolic acid moisturizer JUST in those spots, nowhere near my cheeks.
5. If I get a dry patch ANYWHERE, I put Aquaphor on it before it thinks about turning into an eczema blotch.

So Loves Vintage, while I have your attention, will you be attending the Miami Antique Jewelry Show in Jan/Feb? If so, love to meet up with ya there!

Oh, thanks so much Azstonie! There are so many products out there. It's crazy. I will look into the PTR, especially the exfoliator pads and unwrinkle cream. What a nice compliment from your new dermatologist!! Aquaphor is amazing, isn't it? I've been using it on my newborn, who has some unfortunate rashes on his face and neck. :blackeye: It works wonders.

No, I won't be going to the jewelry show you mentioned. Have you been before? Any great finds?

I'll report back on the Onomie too!! Thanks again!! And, woof to your doggie too!! :))

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1435329857|3894710 said:
azstonie - Just ordered my samples too! Yay!

May I ask what you use for a regular moisturizer? Or, feel free to share your skincare routine? Mine is currently none, so I need some help!! I like the no sulfates, parabens, etc . . .

I use this hyaluronic acid serum (just hyaluronic acid and water, but it's best to put it on wet or damp skin). It ROCKS. I get eczema on my eyelids when there's pollen out but I don't like to use steroid creams on them, and this does an amazing job of keeping them normal. Then I put DML moisturizing lotion over top. If it's drier out, I put a few drops of Tarte's Maracuja oil in the DML lotion (I used to use another passionfruit seed oil, but Tarte's is easier for me to find and has the dropper, so that's why I buy it even though it's pricier). If my body is really dry I use this Paula's Choice moisturizer (it makes me break out on my face, idk why).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1435287627|3894537 said:
I have really sensitive skin and my eye area needed help because pretty much every product I tried would give me red blotches.

Not this. I love it. It makes my eye area look pretty, that's the real word, it looks pretty again instead of dry and oldish.

Onomie. Go to their website. No sulfates, parabens, etc. Arrived beautifully packed. They aren't spamming me, haven't heard from them since I bought which alarms me because I want this small American company to make it, dang it! I love the product.
i got it too and it.is. AWFUL. It has NO coverage, can't be layered on itself so to get actual coverage you still need real concealer, doesn't blend well, doesn't dry down, doesn't really do much to improve the eye area at least not in any noticeable way from a few days anyway. But after a few days testing it out in a few shades I got the most vicious rash under one eye and along my cheeks I got tons of zits and superficial whiteheads.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1435339021|3894812 said:
momhappy|1435338045|3894808 said:
House Cat|1435333582|3894765 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Ocean-Potion-Skincare-Everglow-Moisturizer/dp/B002T5OBO0

Has anyone tried this stuff? It gets great reviews all over the internet and it is less than $5 at Walmart. I bought it yesterday. I am willing to be the guinea pig, but it would be nice to hear from someone on this site because our reviews seem to be much more thorough.

I've never even heard of it. It says that it's designed to maintain already developed color - does that mean tan skin? I don't tan any more, so this probably wouldn't be a good fit for me.
I saw that too, but then I read reviews and people were using it to actually get tan. They all rave about the natural color it provides. I put it on today. It is nice and moisturizing without being too heavy, but it smells like a cross between a dream sickle and bubblegum. I am not so sure I am going to be ok with that. If the color is fantastic, I will live with the smell. If the color is mediocre, this bottle will hit the trash.

I don't tan either. I am a freckly brunette with green eyes. I am a prime candidate for skin cancer.

Yes, that smell would really bother me too. I'm sensitive to fragrance (many give me headaches), so a product with strong scent is a deal breaker for me.
I hope that color works for you:)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best. Makeup Remover. Ever.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1435345076.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
any BB or CC recommendations? Do any of you use them?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The It cosmetics one in the tube. I like the original not illuminating. Since you're also the weird shade of pale try fair.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1435345086|3894872 said:
You just opened up a whole new world for me! I have never heard of cleansing water! I can't wait to try it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hearing what works for PSers and all the tips shared here, thanks!

I finally found my HG moisturizer after a long and expensive search.
My skin is dry and hypersensitive and I have rosacea and POD and eczema and PMLE too.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra moisturizer:
http://www.laroche-posay.us/toleriane-ultra-3337872412486.html#cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GoogleBrand-_-LRP%2BProducts-_-la+roche+posay+toleriane+ultra+moisturizer&gclid=Cj0KEQjwk7msBRCJj67khY2z_NIBEiQAPTFjvzmCs_8bAWckjsiVG17yoGltvw7nKAuN24ImyPXof60aAg708P8HAQ&start=6&cgid=collection-toleriane

and for cleansing Toleriane Dermo cleanser:
http://www.laroche-posay.us/toleriane-3433422406599.html#cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GoogleBrand-_-LRP%2BProducts-_-la+roche+posay+toleriane+ultra+moisturizer&gclid=Cj0KEQjwk7msBRCJj67khY2z_NIBEiQAPTFjvzmCs_8bAWckjsiVG17yoGltvw7nKAuN24ImyPXof60aAg708P8HAQ&start=1&cgid=collection-toleriane

And for reactive hives, dry patches when necessary I use Avene Cicalfate.
http://www.aveneusa.com/cicalfate-restorative-skin-cream

And I never use tap water on my face anymore. I use Avene Thermal water.
http://www.aveneusa.com/avene-thermal-spring-water/

I have never met anyone with more sensitive skin than I have and this is what works for me (at least for now) and this is after many many months of trial and error.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

This looks interesting! Does it easily remove stubborn mascara? I have some brands of mascara (none of them are waterproof) that you have to scrub to remove, which is hard on lashes. I'm always looking for ways to easily remove eye makeup without potentially damaging my lashes.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1435403657|3895148 said:
I love hearing what works for PSers and all the tips shared here, thanks!

My skin is dry and hypersensitive and I have rosacea and POD and eczema and PMLE too.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra moisturizer:
http://www.laroche-posay.us/toleriane-ultra-3337872412486.html#cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GoogleBrand-_-LRP%2BProducts-_-la+roche+posay+toleriane+ultra+moisturizer&gclid=Cj0KEQjwk7msBRCJj67khY2z_NIBEiQAPTFjvzmCs_8bAWckjsiVG17yoGltvw7nKAuN24ImyPXof60aAg708P8HAQ&start=6&cgid=collection-toleriane

and for cleansing Toleriane Dermo cleanser:
http://www.laroche-posay.us/toleriane-3433422406599.html#cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GoogleBrand-_-LRP%2BProducts-_-la+roche+posay+toleriane+ultra+moisturizer&gclid=Cj0KEQjwk7msBRCJj67khY2z_NIBEiQAPTFjvzmCs_8bAWckjsiVG17yoGltvw7nKAuN24ImyPXof60aAg708P8HAQ&start=1&cgid=collection-toleriane

And for reactive hives, dry patches when necessary I use Avene Cicalfate.
http://www.aveneusa.com/cicalfate-restorative-skin-cream

And I never use tap water on my face anymore. I use Avene Thermal water.
http://www.aveneusa.com/avene-thermal-spring-water/

I have never met anyone with more sensitive skin than I have and this is what works for me (at least for now) and this is after many many months of trial and error.
I have really reactive skin too. How does avoiding tap water work for you? How do you avoid it?

I installed a water filter in my shower and things are MUCH better for me. I chlorine tested our tap water once. It had more chlorine than my swimming pool. Once I knew that, I installed that filter that day. Now I don't itch when I come out of the shower and my hair is happier.

I also read that the off-gassing of chlorine into the lungs is very harmful when we are in the shower. Just another reason to install the filter. Funny how that seemed secondary to the itchiness and great hair...although it wasn't.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1435403657|3895148 said:

I remember your long search, Missy. I'm glad you finally found products that work for you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1435341188|3894834 said:
azstonie|1435287627|3894537 said:
I have really sensitive skin and my eye area needed help because pretty much every product I tried would give me red blotches.

Not this. I love it. It makes my eye area look pretty, that's the real word, it looks pretty again instead of dry and oldish.

Onomie. Go to their website. No sulfates, parabens, etc. Arrived beautifully packed. They aren't spamming me, haven't heard from them since I bought which alarms me because I want this small American company to make it, dang it! I love the product.
i got it too and it.is. AWFUL. It has NO coverage, can't be layered on itself so to get actual coverage you still need real concealer, doesn't blend well, doesn't dry down, doesn't really do much to improve the eye area at least not in any noticeable way from a few days anyway. But after a few days testing it out in a few shades I got the most vicious rash under one eye and along my cheeks I got tons of zits and superficial whiteheads.

I am sorry to hear that, ame!!! The product of theirs that worked for me was the Illuminating Eye Treatment, that is a different product than the concealer.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a facial for the first time ever yesterday. Ever since I was on birth control I have gotten cystic acne that leaves red marks that never fade, so even if I just have one or two breakout spots my skin looks mottled. NEVER looked that way before several years ago. My dermatologist said laser was the only way to make them go away other than just waiting it out, and he didn't think they were bad enough to need laser treatment, but I've read a lot of research on LED light treatments so thought it was worth a shot. They're like a third less bad today than they were before I went in - even my husband noticed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1435411512|3895179 said:

This looks interesting! Does it easily remove stubborn mascara? I have some brands of mascara (none of them are waterproof) that you have to scrub to remove, which is hard on lashes. I'm always looking for ways to easily remove eye makeup without potentially damaging my lashes.

I had shingles in my face 3 years ago, and now have (post herpetic) neuralgia on the left hand side of my face. Hence, I can't rub my eyes/eyebrows or barely even wash them. Hence, I've tried many many brands of make up removers for "sensitive eyes" the only one I can tolerate is Purete Thermale by Vichy. (don't know about stubborn mascara, but I wear YSL, Lancome and Chanel...probably standard formulas...)

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1435451196|3895440 said:

I had shingles in my face 3 years ago, and now have (post herpetic) neuralgia on the left hand side of my face. Hence, I can't rub my eyes/eyebrows or barely even wash them. Hence, I've tried many many brands of make up removers for "sensitive eyes" the only one I can tolerate is Purete Thermale by Vichy. (don't know about stubborn mascara, but I wear YSL, Lancome and Chanel...probably standard formulas...)

cheers--Sharon

Oh Sharon I'm so sorry.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1435452543|3895445 said:
canuk-gal|1435451196|3895440 said:

cheers--Sharon

Oh Sharon I'm so sorry.

Callie:

Thank you--it is a huge struggle...and I have chronic pain that isn't really treatable, but I refuse to give in! I survive! :))

Which is case in point and (perhaps) tangential to this thread--what do we live with/tolerate yet try and try again to look and feel well? Beauty products we love and also love us?

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, Have you had the shingles vaccine? I read a story very recently where the vaccine has been known to lessen the pain from what you are going thru (in mostly woman). I'm not sure if you had to have the vaccine before the shingles outbreak. I wish I could remember where I saw the article. It was online. I'm sorry I'm not more help. Callie

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1435450018|3895435 said:
I got a facial for the first time ever yesterday. Ever since I was on birth control I have gotten cystic acne that leaves red marks that never fade, so even if I just have one or two breakout spots my skin looks mottled. NEVER looked that way before several years ago. My dermatologist said laser was the only way to make them go away other than just waiting it out, and he didn't think they were bad enough to need laser treatment, but I've read a lot of research on LED light treatments so thought it was worth a shot. They're like a third less bad today than they were before I went in - even my husband noticed.

Ugh, another cystic acne sufferer w/red spots. I found that when I was doing the skinmedica peels, they helped immensely w/the dark spots. (and acne, it was incredible. Like taking Accutane again but w/out the side effects)

I busted out my generic/pretend Clarisonic a couple nights ago and have seen a smidge of difference in my skin so that is nice. I think I am going to break down and get a real Clarisonic. and some actual makeup remover, rather than just using my face wash and calling it good. I'm betting using the remover first would help the cleanser work better.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
House Cat|1435414088|3895187 said:
I installed a water filter in my shower and things are MUCH better for me. I chlorine tested our tap water once. It had more chlorine than my swimming pool. Once I knew that, I installed that filter that day. Now I don't itch when I come out of the shower and my hair is happier.

I also read that the off-gassing of chlorine into the lungs is very harmful when we are in the shower. Just another reason to install the filter. Funny how that seemed secondary to the itchiness and great hair...although it wasn't.

House Cat,
Do you mind sharing what kind of water filter you have in your shower? I looked into one of those attached filter thingies, but wasn't convinced it would work well with my shower head.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blingbunny10|1435459957|3895509 said:
House Cat|1435414088|3895187 said:

House Cat,
Do you mind sharing what kind of water filter you have in your shower? I looked into one of those attached filter thingies, but wasn't convinced it would work well with my shower head.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sprite-Showers-Universal-Shower-Filter-in-Chrome-SL2-CM-R/202386562

I bought this one on a whim when I was at Home Depot because I thought the price point was great and if I didn't like it, I was only out a few bucks. Well, I put it on the shower and it worked great! I tested the water with my pool kit and no chlorine! Great! I have been using it ever since. I just replace the cartridges. Here in California, we use low-flow showerheads. The regular cartridge works just fine. I know that in other states, they have some serious water pressure. If so, there are high output filters.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1435175976|3893712 said:
Yay, hope you both love it!

Got my samples Friday and tried it out Friday night. It worked great! I'm going to buy a full bottle once I use up all the samples. Thanks again for the tip!!!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, House Cat! Great price, too - I'll check it out.

To add to the thread, I like Avene products for my uber-sensitive skin. My favorites are the Thermal Spring Water facial spray and the Cleanance Gel facial cleanser. I've been using these products for probably 2-3 years now, and I haven't had to switch yet! (Usually, facial products become less effective for me within 3-4 months and I end up rotating quite a bit.)

Aquaphor is a staple I always keep in my purse, coat pockets, bathroom drawer, etc. I use it for dry heels, lips, and cuticles.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - do you find that the cleanser leaves your face feeling hydrated but clean?

I feel as I get older my skin is getting drier and drier and even Cetaphil will leave me feeling tight if I don't moisturize immediately after.
I am now using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (ETA I had put moisturizer before I meant cleanser) and I like it but it's still not "it."

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anybody have recommendations for Lip Primer?

I've been using Mac's Prep & Prime for a while and really like it - but just wondering if there's anything else out there that works well.

I do have lips that get dry very very easily - so it can't be anything that feels drying.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1435536053|3895997 said:
Missy - do you find that the cleanser leaves your face feeling hydrated but clean?

I feel as I get older my skin is getting drier and drier and even Cetaphil will leave me feeling tight if I don't moisturize immediately after.
I am now using the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser (ETA I had put moisturizer before I meant cleanser) and I like it but it's still not "it."

I like the Say Yes to Cucumbers gel cleanser or gentle milk cleanser - I tend to just buy whichever one Target has. They are super gentle - the milk one is a tad less drying, but the gel one is much less drying than anything else I've ever used. My skin is VERY sensitive to cleansers and most are too harsh for me, including both Cetaphil and Cerave.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1435545996|3896083 said:

I like the Say Yes to Cucumbers gel cleanser or gentle milk cleanser - I tend to just buy whichever one Target has. They are super gentle - the milk one is a tad less drying, but the gel one is much less drying than anything else I've ever used. My skin is VERY sensitive to cleansers and most are too harsh for me, including both Cetaphil and Cerave.

Thanks distracts.

I remember looking at that line but if I recall correctly they all have fragrance, right? That is a deal breaker for me.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1435584622|3896228 said:
distracts|1435545996|3896083 said:

Thanks distracts.

I remember looking at that line but if I recall correctly they all have fragrance, right? That is a deal breaker for me.

Oh, they do. Too bad! I didn't even know that because I can't use so many things with fragrance. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results