shape
carat
color
clarity

mark morrell is rude and unprofessional

mctjandr

Rough_Rock
First time poster. I felt compelled to write this post

I was interested in having mark morel create some earrings for me using his woven crown solitaire settings as an inspiration. As it turns out, he has created these before and they are beautiful

At first things started out well. We chatted by phone and he offered to source the diamonds for me as well and in fact encouraged me to shop around for the best price on stones. I eventually chose Brian Gavin signature diamonds. This apparently made Mark rather pissed and he proceeded to start lecturing me on how he doesn't make money sourcing diamonds and that it is a waste of his precious time to just be talking about it.

He managed to calm down and we proceeded with the project. I filled out his standard questionnaire and I wanted clarification regarding the type of eArring backs that would be appropriate. He emailed me a grainy picture of an earring back with a name that I have not heard of (guess what? I'm not a jeweller). I politely asked him to clarify for me what is the advantage of this earring back by email. He then went off on how he doesn't like wasting time answering questions and essentially refused to work on my project. This is after I agreed to his exorbitant price of $1600 just for the earring settings.

I have never ever been treated as a customer in this fashion, neither online or in a real store of any kind. Mark morrell is arrogant and unprofessional. His stuff is great I agree, but it's not worth enduring his condescending attitude.

I eventually went with Brian Gavin handmade martini settings for a lot less. I do not know if this post will be deleted. I am not trying to be rude but I simply felt compelled to write on this bad experience

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, he must have been having a bad week. I don't remember anyone on ps saying that he was difficult. I'm glad you were able to work with someone that made you happy.

mctjandr

Rough_Rock
It was the most bizarre interaction I have ever had. This was not a completely brand new custom project either as he has made those earrings before. I was not going to be a client who would be dictating the design anyway. I just had a simple question regarding earring backs and was hoping that he would educate me with a short email. But he chose to humiliate me instead. And he looked down upon the stones I had chosen saying that he does not make money on such small stones. LOL. These earrings were going to be 1.2 total carat weight (0.6 c per stone). I do not think these stones are small for stud earrings. They are at least average or above average. But that is beside the point.

I just don't get it. Maybe he was having a bad day who knows. I personally think he is full of himself. Or he was ticked that I didn't purchase the diamonds from him. My personal feeling is that top class craftsmen should not push stones on clients. .. . they should just stick to making jewelry. And please do not make the client feel bad just because he decided to go with another diamond vendor.

Cheers

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry this happened to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results