shape
carat
color
clarity

Different Cushion Cuts? Stone by Jeff White

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I'm super excited about a new project! I'm buying a Pink Tourmaline to be custom cut by Jeff White.

His last email he asked me "with regard to cut: is there a particular square cushion that appeals to you?".

I didn't know there were different types of cushion cuts...I know, I'm uneducated in these things! I have asked if he has pictures of different cuts to send me, but in the meantime, I thought I would ask you...

The size will be around 9-10mm when cut, does anybody have any suggestions, comments, pictures of different cuts they would like to share with me?

Thank you for any help!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting for you!
Jeff has 2 cushion types I believe:
1. Brilliant cut cushion with smaller facets
2. 'Antique' cut cushion with chunkier facets. More depth is needed to create this cut.

_31454.jpg

_31455.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless you absolutely have to have a specific design, I would leave it up to Jeff to decide which pattern suits the tourmaline best. For a low RI stone like tourmaline, I like a design with lots of small facets and a high crown which makes them more brilliant/flashy.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many faceting designs exist that I'm sure Jeff has many more than two cushion cuts, but however many he has, his recommendation would be a big factor in my decision. That, and the type of faceting you like. In my case, I would lean towards a more antique cushion style because I love the chunkier facets that show off the color.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would advise taking a bit of time and trawl through his galleries of sold gemstones for cutting inspirations to suit your taste:

http://www.whitesgems.com/gemgallery.html

Looking forward to pics of the stone and finished jewellery.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results