shape
carat
color
clarity

Today was the day!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock

I''m so happy!!!

Let me start by giving you all a little background:

Whenever I was feeling down or depressed about anything Jon and I went to this specific spot in the local park, (this may sound silly) to feed the ducks. Our favorite spot has three big circular cement slabs that are half in the water, half out- I guess so you can get closer to the ducks, well anyways, I’ve always told him how much I loved it there because it was so nice and peaceful. That is the exact spot we went today. I figured he just took me there to enjoy the nice day and relax (I’ve been planning a big party for tomorrow night and have been stressing over it). Well, I was half right.

Now, I knew this was coming soon, because I had accidentally ruined his first proposal day, so he told me that it was coming within a week. On Tuesday we went out and ended up at my nail salon where he handed me some money and said, “Why don’t you go get your nails done?” (He knew that would be the first thing I did after receiving the ring) Of course I agreed. Not to mention this party I’ve been planning, where all my friends, who are home from college are attending, and my long lost best guy pal, who moved over 2 hours away- so I hardly ever get to see him. Jon knew I would be very excited to have something so wonderful to celebrate with the ol’ gang! Now I do…Yay!!!!

Anyway, to get to the good part:
So we were talking, laughing, and feeding the ducks, He was acting nervous, but I still didn’t think anything of it. After about 15min or so there he looked at me and said “You know, there’s another reason why I brought you out here today.” That’s when I got what was going on! My eyes immediately teared up… he said something sweet about how much he loved me (to be honest can’t remember the exact words, it all went by in a blur!), told me to close my eyes and hold out my hands. When I opened my eyes I was holding this beautiful silver box that said, “Marry Me” on it. He then took off the lid and the ring was inside on a tiny little pillow with a bow of white lace around it, that’s when he asked the magic question!!!! I said, “Of course I will!!!” and we spent a good amount of time doing all the mushy stuff, then he took me out to a beautiful dinner, when we came home he had a bottle of pink champagne waiting for us!!!! I’m so excited to know the extent in which he loves me, and the ring is just a huge added bonus!!!! I’m going to have such a great time at this party tomorrow, I can’t wait to give all my friends the good news!!!!

While I’m extremely excited to have exchanged this huge promise between one another, we both have decided a long engagement would be best. Right now summer of 2007 is what were planning on, I know a long engagement is what’s best for us, I’m just thrilled that we’ve come this far, (the beginning of our relationship was rocky) I always knew we could do it!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for being her to listen to me vent, answer my questions and be damn good friends, I plan on sticking around for quit awhile, if you all don’t mind!?!

Oh yea, almost forgot, it turns out that today is my grandmothers birthday, she died before I was born, and I’ve only seen a few pictures of her, neither of us had any idea it was her birthday until my dad told us. Call me goofy, but I think that’s a good sign!!!! http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk164BNUS

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet, romantic proposal! I''m so glad your stressful week had an amazing ending! Congratulations to you and your new fiance!!!!!!!

ps. pictures!

pps. that is a totally odd coincidence with your grandma''s birthday. she''s watching over you!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!
36.gif

teeheeheee...I LOVE that he sent you to get your nails done! You have an awesome b/f that pays attention to the little (but very important
9.gif
) details!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and Best Wishes!!!!!

PS any
emphoto.gif
coming our way? Please?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, so sweet!! and perfect timing to share with your friends. CONGRATS, and don''t forget pictures
3.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet and thoughtful proposal!!!! Congratulations!! Can''t wait to see the pix!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Oooohhh, congrats sweet!!!!!!!! I knew it wouldn''t be much longer!! That''s a really cute story. And I''m so glad you''ll have so much to celebrate at your party! Can''t wait to see pics!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats - that story is so sweet! Yay for lovely engagement stories!

And you could always be a 7-7-07 bride . . . it''s a Saturday!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

39.gif
I love happy endings!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww, that''s so sweet!! Congratulations!!

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for such warm wishes!

Urgh ... I think I might have "celebrated" a little too much last night, I''m feeling kinda icky right now, but I''m sure as soon as I see I''ll my friends that wonl''t matter! As for pics.. I can not, for the life of me, find a micro setting on my digital camera...every pic I take of the ring turns out so blurrey and distorted. I''m going to have to try to use my parents camera.. don''t worry, I''ll keep trying!

Blue- your pps was very thoughtful, it brought a tear to my eye. I think your right!
Laurenthepartier- Thats a good idea, I''ll have to run that one past him!
Buena girl- I know I also LOVE that he sent me to get my nails done, if he hadn''t of done that there would be no way I''d have had time to go before the party!

Thanks again ladies!

Croí

Shiny_Rock

oooh, how sweet ! sweet ! sweet !!!

I love the kind of proposal that is totally meaningful to the two people (my honey , yikes, new hubby ! proposed to me one our sofa !)

I love hearing the stories, I get all caught up in the excitement and happiness and I LOVE feeling like that !!!

hooorah ! hoorah for engagements !!

much luck and happiness to you both
C

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
CONGRATS DARLING!!! How wonderful is this!!! I am so happy for you and I too believe that your grandmother was giving you her blessing, funny it didn''t work out on the original day!! I am big into "signs" like that. What a beautiful and sweet proposal, how kind hearted he sounds. Nothing but the best to you both, good things!!!
emteeth.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hooray!!! So thrilled for you both
1.gif
1.gif
I second what Blue824 said too...what an incredible coincidence and connection to your grandmother every year when you celebrate that date!

YAY!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
awww!! That is just the sweetest story!
36.gif
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!!!

PICS! PICS PICS! PICS!

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
Than k you, thank you! You all are just sooooooooooooooooooo sweet
Party is over, things went pretty good and I just found out I got a 3.1!! boy these past few days have been great! There is a was a little downfall, which I''m going to start a new thread about, but I''m trying not to let that bring me down!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
*BUMP* for pics from sweetnghtmr!!!!

Or am I just being completely unobservant and missing a thread that has the pics in it???

sweetnghtmr

Rough_Rock
No, No, your right, no pics yet... I''ve tried and tried but my camera just dosnt focus in on the ring at all :.( I keep looking for the micro setting but with no luck... I think I''ve got a cheapey.. I can give you a bit of a discription tho.. 1.04 princess solitaire. Beautiful but simple- Just want I always wanted
9.gif
(it goes perfect with my t-shirts and jeans, lol)

My dad has a camera but he''s in New Mexico on business and took it with him, as soon as he gets back I''ll have to get him to try to get some good shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results