Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Less often than annually

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1434594411|3890663 said:
Wow, with twice as many votes as the Weekly Ladies The Daily Ladies lead.

Curious here, what is the most it has changed in one day?
One pound?
Two?
Three?

Giving birth doesn't count! :bigsmile:

I vary as much as 3 pounds in one day, from water gain or loss. Sweaty day in the garden, no pretzels, I'm down 3. Lie around, eat pretzels, some pickles, PMS bloating, I'm up 3. I don't really care, myself.

Gained 40 pounds when pregnant (started at 110 lbs!) and only lost 10 after birth (overrated natural childbirth, no IV). Within 2 months, I was at 108. Oh, those blissful days of youth . . .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1434633602|3890820 said:
kenny|1434562804|3890377 said:
I just weighed myself for the first time in maybe a year and I'm 20 pound lighter than I thought. :o
This was surprising and strange since I don't look any slimmer.

It got me wondering how often people weigh themselves.

You?

Unexplained weight loss is a very nasty symptom. Have you been to the doc lately, Kenny?
Thanks.

Actually my annual physical is in a few weeks.
Hope I'm not gonna croak. :knockout:

BTW, I left the scale on the bathroom floor and my SO told me he gained 20 pounds.
Now I'm a pound lighter than him so I've been teasing him. :devil: :twisted:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll step on the scale if I see one at Costco.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1434650589|3890964 said:
I just weighed myself for the first time in maybe a year and I'm 20 pound lighter than I thought. :o

You?

Unexplained weight loss is a very nasty symptom. Have you been to the doc lately, Kenny?
Thanks.

BTW, I left the scale on the bathroom floor and my SO told me he gained 20 pounds.

There's obviously no issue here Kenny. You lost 20lb and your SO has obviously found it :lol:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About once a day, after I wake up and shower. We have a scale in the bathroom and if my weight is off track I like to be able to correct it quickly. I currently weigh around 115. If I am less than 114 or more than 116.5, then I'm out of my normal zone and need to check how much and what I'm eating. When I don't weigh myself regularly, crazy things tend to happen. I often forget to eat so I can drop 20 lbs in a matter of months if I'm not watching myself.

re: most it has changed in one day, can easily be 5 lbs. After I go to the bathroom in the morning I am usually around 114, if I have eaten a lot during the day it could be 119 in the afternoon.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts,

That's a very small range for you to allow yourself to fluctuate IMO, my weight can easily go up and down by 10lb per day based on my diet and what I have been doing physically, I do some pretty insane physical stuff that can cause my body to sheds large amounts of weight in a very short period but I'm still accounting for that here.

This thread reminds me of a friend of mine who competes in Mixed Martial Arts and he is a giant for the weight class that he fights in. He is typically 200-210lb, but he nearly kills himself to weigh in at 155lb the day before he fights. He typically diets down to about 180-185 and then 'cuts' the last of the weight. It's a scary thing to watch someone drop 30lb in as many hours, if not less. He's literally on the verge of sending his kidneys into failure when he does his cut, but 4 IV bags later and some Pedian lite and he is ready to compete. It's insane - he will get on the scales 10 times a day and each time he is seeing weight loss each and every time.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass, that range is just what I naturally fluctuate when weighing at the same time every day. I have gotten about that much fluctuation on average since I was about 15 years old. *shrug*

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I weigh myself everyday lately.
I've recently gained about 10- 15 lbs (depending on what time of the month it is) and I have noticed that when I weigh myself I am more conscientious of the foods and drinks I consume.
I think knowing I am heavier than normal makes me do a double take and really think about what I am putting in my mouth.

On a side note, I'm not really sure why I've gained this extra weight. I don't think I eat more than normal and I don't eat junk food or drink sugary drinks. I don't drink alcoholic beverages except for maybe once or twice a month.

Maybe my metabolism has slowed down now that I've hit the 40's?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly17|1434724077|3891299 said:
It doesn't just slow down, it feels like it comes to a screeching halt! :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1434726328|3891322 said:
Is this really true?

Oh my goodness! I used to be able to eat with the boys and stay frighteningly thin. All of the sudden, I am gaining weight. I am blaming the Mirena at the moment, but I am afraid it is really the fact that I have turned 40!

I have a tendency to really get down on myself when I gain weight. I've had to buy new clothes to accommodate this weight gain and because of this, the critic in my head is really having a field day with me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1434683061|3891159 said:
kenny|1434650589|3890964 said:

You?

Thanks.

There's obviously no issue here Kenny. You lost 20lb and your SO has obviously found it :lol:

When we met he was around 50 pounds heavier than I.
Weird.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1434727865|3891333 said:
Chrono|1434726328|3891322 said:
Is this really true?

Oh my goodness! I used to be able to eat with the boys and stay frighteningly thin. All of the sudden, I am gaining weight. I am blaming the Mirena at the moment, but I am afraid it is really the fact that I have turned 40!

I have a tendency to really get down on myself when I gain weight. I've had to buy new clothes to accommodate this weight gain and because of this, the critic in my head is really having a field day with me.

I think it is true.

Though I did read somewhere that for each year a person ages, there is a weight gain on average of 1 to 1.5 lbs.
Which seems fairly accurate for me. When I was in my 20's, I was around 105- 110 lbs., in my 30's around 115 to 120 lbs and now I've hit 42 and I'm around 130 to 135 lbs.

Last year I was around 120 lbs but suddenly this year I am bigger than I've ever really been, with the exception of when I initially moved south two years ago and went up to 136 lb.

I hate feeling like I can't breathe, yet I refuse to buy new clothes! Lol!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I weigh myself maybe twice a year...

When I slimmed down recently (working out, lifting weights, and eating better, not dieting) I weighed myself to see what the weight was so I'd have a reference point...but I don't care too much what the scale says...I care about how I look when I look in the mirror...and how I feel...

AshBee

Rough_Rock
I don't weigh myself very often but that is probably because I can't. I will check mostly at doctor's visits or when I'm with someone who does own a scale. I'm more concerned with how I look physically than the number, as long as I am happy with that I try not to sweat the numbers.

I have been using a fitness app recently to monitor my calorie intake, but I'm not very able to keep track of my weight because again, no scale. :p I think it's working though!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat and Butterfly,

I didn't notice much of a difference in my forties. Then my fifties hit and menopause happened. Everything about my body changed. Even if my weight stays the same, my body sure doesn't look the same. I try to weigh myself a couple times a week or more just to keep the weight from creeping up and getting out of control. I also tend to freak out about what the mirror is showing me. Not pretty!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1434905009|3892219 said:
House Cat and Butterfly,

I didn't notice much of a difference in my forties. Then my fifties hit and menopause happened. Everything about my body changed. Even if my weight stays the same, my body sure doesn't look the same. I try to weigh myself a couple times a week or more just to keep the weight from creeping up and getting out of control. I also tend to freak out about what the mirror is showing me. Not pretty!

Girl, you need to do what I do.
Get younger.

Send me a million bucks and I'll tell you the secret. :Up_to_something:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kenny, If you really had the secret I would figure out a way to get you that million dollars. This getting older thing can really be tough! It certainly isn't for the weak.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

screen_shot_2015-06-21_at_11.png

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Never. I don't own a scale. I pretty much know my weight based on how my jeans fit.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
3-5 times a week. I am on a mission to lose the weight that I gained when I was pregnant. My metabolism has also slowed down so I am trying to adjust to the way body is affected by my diet and exercise. It will be great if I can lose 15 pounds, but I will settle for 10 pounds.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 3-5 times a week, when I'm in the gym.

I'm 106 lbs (5' 1 3/4 inches and tiny tiny bones) and have been this weight for about 8 months now, plus or minus 1 or 2 lbs. My weight used to fluctuate hugely, with my heaviest being something like 120lbs. Recently, since I've been working out regularly it's stayed fairly constant.

I'm wary about losing too much weight, because I think as one ages, one has to choose between one's body and one's face (saggy if no fat on the face).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1434949490|3892499 said:
About 3-5 times a week, when I'm in the gym.

I'm 106 lbs (5' 1 3/4 inches and tiny tiny bones) and have been this weight for about 8 months now, plus or minus 1 or 2 lbs. My weight used to fluctuate hugely, with my heaviest being something like 120lbs. Recently, since I've been working out regularly it's stayed fairly constant.

I'm wary about losing too much weight, because I think as one ages, one has to choose between one's body and one's face (saggy if no fat on the face).

Good going Phoenix and I agree completely. I have purposefully gained a few lbs over the last 15 months or so. First of all it is healthier because I was too thin and necessary for the healing I needed to do after my accident. Second of all I look and feel better with some weight and 3rd of all my dh prefers me with a little more meat on my bones LOL. And as Phoenix points out it looks better as we age to keep or add a few lbs depending on where we are to help us look better IMO. Fortunately for me I have a fat face no matter what LOL and so far so good re wrinkles not being there or at least not being too noticeable. :wink2:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 annual doctors visits. I get weighed then, so I picked 2x a year. I guess I know whether I am having heavy or light days depending on how my clothes feel. What is more important is my energy level or how I feel in general, than any weight measure. We don't own a scale so same thing goes for rest of family, they are weighed during their doctors' visits.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The posts in this thread mentioning how their clothes are fitting indicating weight loss made me think that I may have lost some weight lately as my clothes seemed to be getting looser, something which I just attributed to the fabric stretching :lol: so I hopped on the scales and was surprised to see I have dropped about 25lb in the last 4 months and am now under 200lb, about 195 or so.

My wife recently made some changes to her diet and lifestyle as an office job, anti-depressants and poor diet had caused her to put on a lot of weight (not that I cared, I love her curves). She has started to come off her medication, started eating healthier resulting in 40lb lost so far and due to her diet change I am also eating healthier and slimming down. We've dropped about 65lb combined so far :dance:

The wife is a bit jealous that I can just adjust my diet and lose weight though :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1434633661|3890821 said:
Arcadian|1434633290|3890815 said:
When I competed, it was pretty much daily, especially when I was training heavy and trying to get in a certain weight class. Nowadays, not so much! My weight has never dictated how fat I was, only fat did that :lol:

These days I jump on the scale when I think about it. Maybe once a month or so, and it still doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Training for what?

I used to do fitness shows. I did them for 10 years, retired in 2004 because frankly, they're not exactly HEALTHY. They're a lot harder than many people would think prep wise, and then you got to "drop water" prior to going on stage. I would typically lose 10-15lbs of water 48 hours before a show, but there was a sequence that things had to be done in leading up to that. And more than one girl ended up being hospitalized because she did it wrong, ended up with cramps, throwing up, etc, etc.... When I was trying to get in the middle weight class, I would check my weight obsessively, otherwise I was a heavyweight and just went with it...lol.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Arcadian|1435093654|3893204 said:
When I competed, it was pretty much daily, especially when I was training heavy and trying to get in a certain weight class. Nowadays, not so much! My weight has never dictated how fat I was, only fat did that :lol:

These days I jump on the scale when I think about it. Maybe once a month or so, and it still doesn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Training for what?

I used to do fitness shows. I did them for 10 years, retired in 2004 because frankly, they're not exactly HEALTHY. They're a lot harder than many people would think prep wise, and then you got to "drop water" prior to going on stage. I would typically lose 10-15lbs of water 48 hours before a show, but there was a sequence that things had to be done in leading up to that. And more than one girl ended up being hospitalized because she did it wrong, ended up with cramps, throwing up, etc, etc.... When I was trying to get in the middle weight class, I would check my weight obsessively, otherwise I was a heavyweight and just went with it...lol.

I mentioned previously in this thread how a mate of mine fights at 155lb in MMA and nearly kills himself to make weight, I hate that water-cutting stuff. His weight goes like this:

3 days before fight: 180-185lb
2 days before fight: 170-180lb
1 day before fight: 170-180lb, down to 155lb for about 30 minutes, back up to 170-180lb that night
Day of fight: 190-200lb.

That cannot be good for your kidneys...well, your whole body I suppose.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1435095509|3893211 said:
Arcadian|1435093654|3893204 said:

Training for what?

I mentioned previously in this thread how a mate of mine fights at 155lb in MMA and nearly kills himself to make weight, I hate that water-cutting stuff. His weight goes like this:

3 days before fight: 180-185lb
2 days before fight: 170-180lb
1 day before fight: 170-180lb, down to 155lb for about 30 minutes, back up to 170-180lb that night
Day of fight: 190-200lb.

That cannot be good for your kidneys...well, your whole body I suppose.

Yeah, if you're not careful it can really muck your kidneys up bad. I took a lot o extra care in that department because I always had kidney issues as a kid. So no crazy stuff, no hard drugs (i.e., lasix is a drug of choice for dropping water quickly) but I did use vitamins, herbs, and a little bit of vino...lol. its timing, which was a pain in the rear, because doing how I did it was easy to mess up. I kept a list of the entire routine!

3 weeks prior, I used to load up by drinking a gallon a day. That will keep you in the toilet! :lol: Milk jugs come in handy. thing I would have is coffee because there's no sunshine without it. I would also drop all starchy carbs from my diet. That makes for a really craptastic day but well..I was young....lol

7 days out, start dandelion tea every 4 hours. Drop creatine completely at this time and drop salt. 3 days out add in extra b-12 and b-6. 2 days out, drop water in half. Basically by 2 days out I was drinking half dandelion tea and half water.

1 day out, no work outs, just posing and cardio in a trashbag and sweatsuit, drop water in half again.

Evening before showtime; super hot bath; for about an hour, then I'd get my tan done. About midnight, I'd have a BIG ol glass of red wine and a big ol teaspoon of creatine. :appl: Then go to bed. May as well at that point right?

Morning of the show, a pinch of idolized salt in a very small meal. Usually i'd have oatmeal and eggs and veggies. + wine with creatine. Yep in the MORNING...lol Then I'd start taking Niacin a few hours before stage time because it helped with vascularity. My 'meals' would be very small though the day though and I would keep my salt intake very minimum through the day so I didn't get too puffy by evening show.

When done right, this works very well. No cramping, no illness, though you will pee a storm until the evening of the last day...lol but hey, I got a basement full of trophies for my efforts...lol silly things.

Lot of people would make the mistake of pigging out afterwards. I learned that you will pay dearly if you do. Edema is no joke!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results