shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you care if your SO checks other people out...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I don't know, I guess we don't think of other people this way? I don't really notice how other people look and he doesn't either. When we're out and about, we are busy and not looking at people. Maybe the people are better looking wherever everyone else is?

I guess it's also because in our business, we've dealt with many professional models and tossed through piles of head shots with a critical eye: "too much nose", "Too ethnic", "Not ethnic enough", "major nostrils", etc., for literally hours. And when it comes to working with the models, I'm not intimidated and he's not enarmored. They spend their lives working on nothing but their looks; hours at the gym, facials, hair care, waxing, electrolysis, etc. It's exhausting, I would never want to do it. I had one model say to me "you're so much nicer to me than other women", I wanted to say "it's because you have nothing I want," but I didn't. His concern is the lighting, how the product will be represented and making sure the client is happy. When you've seen behind the curtain, you realize looks are a lot of facade; clips, tape, lighting.

Nevertheless, my nickname for him is handsome and his name for me is beautiful.

I will admit that there was a short time when our old town had female hot dog vendors wearing thongs. All over the streets, on the roadsides. I think we both looked at them! :shock:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILander, based on how happy you and your DH are, I bet he doesn't even notice other women! I want your relationship, lol. :)

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
i have no problems with it as long as there are no comments or prolonged staring. Luckily DH is so discreet about it that I have never noticed . And anytime I voice any of my own insecurities about body image or appearance DH always assures me that he loves everything about me.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how much it was done. If it was continually every where we went, then yes. There is a look and then there is LOOKING. I am probably a little sensitive to it. When I was young, I had an uncle who continually did this and other things and I watched my aunt cry buckets over how it made her feel. It left and impression. If my DH behaved like that, it would be too much for me. He never has though.

Ilander, my husband and I call each other the same thing. Some times he calls me 'gorgeous' too. The man is a liar, but it's so sweet.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has always been very discreet when he looks so it really has never bothered me. The man is married, not dead, of course he notices if someone is attractive. He would never make me feel disrespected, I did cause a huge fight between friends of ours when we were out to dinner one night. A gorgeous young woman walked in the restaurant. I made the remark that I thought she looked beautiful. Both our husbands agreed and my friend refused to speak to her husband for the rest of the night. I tried to lighten the mood by asking her if she really thought this beautiful young woman would leave her young great looking boyfriend for one of our 45 year old husbands. She was ticked off the entire night. I felt so bad for her husband. The poor guy looked up, said the girl was pretty and went back to eating. He must apologized a hundred times to his wife.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ilander, my husband and I call each other the same thing. Some times he calls me 'gorgeous' too. The man is a liar, but it's so sweet.[/quote]

Your coment made me LOL luv2sparkle. My husband always says "yes she's pretty' but she is no (insert my name)". My husband is also a very sweet liar :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results