shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two beauty products that I am totally loving right now. In fact, I love them so much that I thought I would share with all of you.

The first is a suncreen by Elta MD. It is their UV Clear SPF 46 product. This one is designed for oily or acne-prone skin. I have had a terrible time finding sunscreens because they either leave my face white or they cause breakouts or both. This sunscreen is beautiful, no breakouts, and dries quickly!

http://www.amazon.com/Eltamd-Clear-...pebp=1434812595012&perid=0YXW61KMX62MCZQRKZ8H

Next is a hair serum by J Beverly Hills called "Platinum Revive Coconut Oil." This stuff turns my hair into silk! I am just amazed by it. My hairdresser said it was nourishing too. I bought a little sample bottle for $10. It has been over a month and I am only about half way through the bottle.
http://jbeverlyhillssalon.com/shop_online/product.php?id_product=89

What products are you loving right now?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received several samples of various sunscreens, and have been loving Boscia Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture SPF 30 - enough that I bought a full-size - I think it will be perfect as my warm weather sunscreen. I do prefer sunscreens with avobenzone rather than titanium dioxide/zinc oxide formulations. I checked the BeautyPedia/Cosmetic Cop website and Paula downgraded this sunscreen due to the presence of kaolin (clay) and jasmine oil, saying the clay is potentially drying and the oil is a potential irritant... but it works beautifully for me. I have normal to dry skin in the cold months, and normal to not-so-dry/combo skin in the warm months. http://www.sephora.com/self-defense-vital-antioxidant-moisture-spf-30-P377650?skuId=1494491

Also, these last several months I've been using Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM - it is just the right amount of retinol in a light but spready serum, and my skin loves it. I only use a couple of drops per application, so this bottle will last a long time. This received full marks from Paula on the BeautyPedia/Cosmetic Cop website. http://www.sephora.com/retinol-fusion-pm-P251529?skuId=1224781

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh I love this thread House Cat!

I just bought 2 Almay products that I am really liking:

Almay eyeliner, Brown

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Almay-Eyeliner-.01-Oz/10452659

I like that it has a thin tip, is creamy, so it applies easily, and when I put it in my waterline it doesn't seem to collect like crazy in the corners of my eyes.

Almay one coat mascara, Dark Brown

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Almay-One-Coat-Nourishing-Lengthening-Mascara-443-Dark-Brown/10452623

I really like the finish of this mascara...makes my lashes look long but not spidery...and I love that it comes in brown.

I'm finding the older I get the harsher I am finding black eyeliners and even black/brown mascaras...and it's really really hard to find brown mascaras in the stores...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My big thing of late has been sunblock. I have been testing out Japanese Sunblocks now for a while because they are the standard of late, and I am ridiculously in love with "Kanebo Allie Extra UV Gel Mineral Moist Neo Spf 50+". I order it from Japan now. It's the only thing I buy on Ebay from a Japanese Seller. It comes from Tokyo and takes a while to get but I love LOVE love it. A 90g tube is about $27. It's sweat and waterproof and it's the first one that has not given me a reaction of any kind, doesn't give me any zits, stays on well, doesn't interfere with makeup, and primary: I have never gotten a burn with it, at all. I have several Spf 50s that I still get burned with and this one...not once! Even DH who is see through has yet to get a burn and he will literally burn to a crisp in 2 minutes. Not once. So that's my biggest thing right now.

This stuff says gel but it's not actually a gel. It's like a light "cream"...I can't even describe it. It's amazing. It soaks in immediately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191589686903?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also freaking adore the Philip B Imperial Russian Amber conditioner. It costs a f;cking fortune--like STUPID money--and sucks as a conditioner, but the smell is heaven. Like literal heaven. I buy it for the smell. I am trying to find someone who can make me a perfume oil that smells like that. So far no luck finding someone who will. It is some kind of a combo of amber, vanilla and SOMETHING. Maybe oud? I don't know, I am not a sophisticated nose. I smell like soap and deodorant.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/philip-b-russian-amber-imperial-conditioning-creme/3282877?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=1334

Otherwise, I dig Davines Alchemic copper conditioner, (I tried the Christophe Robin color conditioner which is like 2x the price and it's pretty much identical)
http://us.davines.com/alchemic-conditioner-copper/d/1012

I am obsessed with Olaplex (professional) and the only styling product I use is Living Proof's Prime (the tube kind).
http://www.sephora.com/prime-style-extender-P375668?keyword=LIVING%20PROOF%20Prime%20Style%20Extender%E2%84%A2%20P375668&skuId=1460138&_requestid=40735

I've been testing dry shampoos like crazy, and just bought the R+Co version, death valley. I am going to try that soon. I actually like the Kardashian one...it's clear...but it smells like a perfumed *******. Technical term.
http://www.randco.com/death-valley-dry-shampoo.html

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11981023

Makeup wise I am really liking Urban Decay Naked Concealer lately and Charlotte Tilbury's pressed powder.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/charlotte-tilbury-air-brush-flawless-finish-skin-perfecting-micro-powder/3849022?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1104

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/urban-decay-naked-skin-weightless-complete-coverage-concealer/3965127?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=4883

(also at ulta and sephora)

AshBee

Rough_Rock
I LOVE love love my NARS Contour palette, it's the only shade of bronzer that doesn't look muddy on my pale skin. I have a huge aluminum box of makeup products to hold them all, and that one takes its own little compartment.

I'm also really loving the Lorac Pro 2 palette so far, the rose gold shade is almost worth the entire purchase but everything else inside of it has been really pigmented and long lasting.

Still on the search for my favorite foundations/skin products. I don't think my skin can decide if it is dry or oily sometimes. :( It settles mostly with dry but in this humid weather nowadays my makeup is starting to look shiny.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes!! Olaplex! If my hairdresser isn't doing anything new to my hair, just same old cut and color, I have her leave the step two portion of the Olaplex in my hair and braid it. Then I wash it out 24 hours later. My hair loves me for it!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1434822467|3891823 said:
Oh yes!! Olaplex! If my hairdresser isn't doing anything new to my hair, just same old cut and color, I have her leave the step two portion of the Olaplex in my hair and braid it. Then I wash it out 24 hours later. My hair loves me for it!!
She mixes step 1 in the color though right? I have step 3 at home as well, and use that religiously. I also use it right before my first shampoo. I put it in damp hair about a half hour before my shower, put a cap on and then shampoo regularly. It seals the color in so well.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1434825180|3891835 said:
House Cat|1434822467|3891823 said:
She mixes step 1 in the color though right? I have step 3 at home as well, and use that religiously. I also use it right before my first shampoo. I put it in damp hair about a half hour before my shower, put a cap on and then shampoo regularly. It seals the color in so well.
There is a STEP 3???!! I must find it!!

Yes, step one in the hair color.

My hair has never been better. Before finding my new hairdresser, I was seeing someone who was using Aveda color. I thought that was a good plan. My hair appeared to be falling out. After an internet search, I figured out that my hair was actually breaking! Then I found my new hairdresser and Olaplex! No more breakage and my hair is finally looking great again! I could write a song to Olaplex, it is that good!

Thanks for the heads up on step 3! :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Step 3 is basically a slightly weaker step 2. Most salons that do Olaplex should sell it. It's the "take home" one. It's a pathetically small bottle and costs too damn much but it works really well. But really all you need to do is use a spray bottle to dampen the hair and put it on the hair so that it's slightly saturated with it, and let it sit for min 10 minutes. Then rinse and shampoo and condition. You need to shampoo it out. But it works so well. Keeps your salon applied Olaplex going and really makes a difference with the color.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crickett, I have heard about this and thought about making the purchase. Does it really make a big difference in the way your skin looks?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1434909764|3892241 said:
Crickett, I have heard about this and thought about making the purchase. Does it really make a big difference in the way your skin looks?

I use Guerlain Meteorites daily. It depends on what you mean by "big difference." I would say - "big," no. Do I miss it when I don't have it, like right now because I'm traveling? YES YES YES. I love it a lot. Some people think it's too shimmery but imo once it's on it just looks like skin. Like I can put insane layers of makeup on, top it with meteorites, and it looks like my skin again (except, you know, prettier, cause of the makeup). I also use it just over bare skin or sunscreen because it seems a little bit perfecting. I don't know. I don't really know how to describe it, it's a minimal difference, but I think it definitely makes a difference that I like. I have a TON of finishing powders but this is what I choose to use every day.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh the Elta MD UV Clear sunscreen - I've been using that for years now and just love it so much. The other one I use is Shiseido Urban Environment (for my face, daily, if I'm wearing foundation, because the Elta causes my foundation to ball up for some reason), and Shiseido Wetforce when I go swimming.

This hyaluronic acid serum for moisturizing (with DML lotion moisturizer over top): http://www.amazon.com/Best-Selling-Hyaluronic-Pure-Highest-Paraben-free-Vegan--Best/dp/B0090UJFYI/ This has been a godsend in terms of keeping my skin properly moisturized even in dry climates when I'm using retinoids. Previously no matter what I put on, my skin was still dry, but this stuff is the bomb. When I next order I'm going to try their Vitamin C serum - most Vit C serums have vitamin E in them, which causes me to break out LIKE CRAZY, so I haven't found one yet I can use.

I'm also really loving the Living Proof hair styling products right now, especially the Instant Texture Mist. http://www.sephora.com/instant-texture-mist-P387801?skuId=1635291

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of my favorites right now:

Sunscreen: Algenist Ultra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50. It's the only sunscreen that I've found for my face that doesn't feel like sunscreen and/or look overly shiny. I like the Elta MD UV Clear Sunscreen too, but it's a bit shiny for me.

Eye shadow: Nars Himalia. It's a sparkly bronze, but still looks mature (not glittery). It's particularly fabulous on blondes:)

Hair: Anything Alterna Caviar. My hair loves these products.

Brows: Benefit Gimme Brow. My blonde brows seem to fade away towards the ends and this product actually looks like it fills in hairs rather than just coloring in what you don't have.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I *wish* I could find something I love.

I did have a sample once from Sephora of eye shadow, the little samples on the cards? It was called Kitten and I loved how it looked on my eyes. That's all I got. :loopy:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stila's

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know if it counts as beauty products but I did get two new bras before we went on vacation. I actually had someone at VS who spent some time w/me and we figured out that I am in fact a D cup, not a B like I've been wearing since the kids were born. So I have two new bras that feel good and make my chest look good, for the first time in eleven odd years. How on *earth* I went from an A cup my entire life to a *D* I have no idea. I thought they shrank down after breastfeeding. Maybe not.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1434922918|3892341 said:

I use Guerlain Meteorites daily. It depends on what you mean by "big difference." I would say - "big," no. Do I miss it when I don't have it, like right now because I'm traveling? YES YES YES. I love it a lot. Some people think it's too shimmery but imo once it's on it just looks like skin. Like I can put insane layers of makeup on, top it with meteorites, and it looks like my skin again (except, you know, prettier, cause of the makeup). I also use it just over bare skin or sunscreen because it seems a little bit perfecting. I don't know. I don't really know how to describe it, it's a minimal difference, but I think it definitely makes a difference that I like. I have a TON of finishing powders but this is what I choose to use every day.

Thank you so much Distracts! I'm going to give it a try. Based in what you said above it definately seems worth it to me.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

Yup to distracts!

It's not a huge difference like the difference like between wearing blush or not, but it really brightens your face.My complexion is kinda dull, so I live by this because it really brightens it up. It also LASTS forever (on and product wise wearing it daily), so even though it is pricey, you get a lot of wear out of it. I would recommend it. I pair it with a light foundation and minimal blush. Very natural looking but you have a lovely glow afterwards.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:D
Calliecake|1434927815|3892379 said:

Thank you so much Distracts! I'm going to give it a try. Based in what you said above it definately seems worth it to me.

:D :D :D

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame and House Cat:

When you say you use Olaplex - do you mean you bought it somewhere and then bring it to your colorist to use? Or you mean you found a colorist/salon who offers Olaplex?

Also - about how much of an upcharge is there to use Olaplex?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone tried Sunday Riley's Luna Sleeping Night Oil or Good Genes?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain in honey! It's my business travel makeup staple. It goes on with a slight gloss, leaves behind a nice stain that lasts. the last thing I want to think about is how to discreetly touch up lipstick without looking like I drew on my face by accident while client facing. With this stain, I can quickly swipe on some Chapstick to hydrate and revive a little gloss over the stain.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
La Neige Water Sleeping Mask Ex (la Neige is a popular Korean brand). I swear by this!! It really moisturizes your face and is completely non greasy - great if you have combination skin type. I usually try to buy it in the bulk 4-packs at duty free when transitting through Seoul Incheon so it's cheaper ($20 vs $25+).

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
Drybar Triple Sec - A three-in-one volumizer, texturizer, and dry shampoo.
http://www.sephora.com/triple-sec-3-in-1-P388515?skuId=1638212
Smells like heaven, not too powdery dry shampoo (I have dark hair, white shows up!)

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-gel-eyeliner-P270539?skuId=1287408
And the best eyeliner ever. One pot usually lasts me almost two years.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
http://www.sephora.com/velvet-matte-lip-pencil-P78834?skuId=792531
I have this in Bahama and love it.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1434937612|3892432 said:
Ame and House Cat:

When you say you use Olaplex - do you mean you bought it somewhere and then bring it to your colorist to use? Or you mean you found a colorist/salon who offers Olaplex?

I have a hairdresser that uses Olaplex. You need to find a salon or hairdresser that uses it. I don't pay an upcharge but I have heard that others do.

AshBee

Rough_Rock
ipodobe|1434976576|3892583 said:
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-gel-eyeliner-P270539?skuId=1287408
And the best eyeliner ever. One pot usually lasts me almost two years.

I still have yet to try gel eyeliners that you apply with a brush. Is it easier to apply? I always have used liquid applicators or a gel like pencil, but I've been curious about brush on liners.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1434937612|3892432 said:
Ame and House Cat:

My colorist offers it in her salon. She uses it in every color formula, and doesn't upcharge it, really. I think she raised her prices in January because she's booked so far out due to demand so she kind of builds it in now. Olaplex is only sold to professionals working in salons and professionals in salons add it to their formulas. To get it, there are TONS of hoops for pros to jump through to prove they are licensed etc. It's also got a waitlist a mile long. The place I used to go did upcharge $15 to do Olaplex. I left there for a lot of reasons and that just added insult to injury.

Step 3 is sold in most salons that offer Olaplex services, but not all of them carry the Step 3.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
You can get Olaplex on ebay, but it isn't cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results