carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone, just popping in to say hi and introduce myself. :wavey:

Aged 30, been trying for nearly a year. 3 ovarian cysts removed, mild endo. MC late last year ;( Husband is military - away a lot so major issues with timing. Small whinge from me that even when he is home - he doesn't seem to grasp the need for strict timing to actually get pregnant. It's not as simple as it seems and confess I'm starting to get impatient now. Swears he wants a baby too yet makes excuses re: DTD (too tired tonight, how about tomorrow? etc). Aghhhhhhhh... :roll: Anyway guess I will keep trying to drag him to bed LOL.

Fingers crossed for everyone else.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hot Pozzum, I totally hear you on the DH/timing/not getting that there's not a lot of flexibility with "the good time":) best wishes!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies, long time no post on PS! I'm looking for some non-bump trouble TTC support. DH and I are 7 cycles in without luck. I'm 35 and he's 38. I have a son from another marriage who is 4.5 and now I'm faced with scondary infertility. We met with a RE at the beginning of this cycle and we have all of our tests ordered (bloodwork / HSG for me and bloodwork / SA for him). I'm just waiting for this cycle to end so I can schedule my stuff and DH dropped off his sample yesterday. It's so frustrating because on paper there's nothing wrong with either of us. We're both healthy, I don't have a history of endo or PCOS, I've had successful pregnancies, and my mother and paternal grandmother both had viable pregnancies in their 40s. DH is a smidge overweight but nothing that the MD was concerned with and his parents had 4 children. I'm temping and charting and our timing appears to be good. For whatever reason the planets just aren't aligning for us and I'm getting really discouraged. :(sad

Today is 11dpo and I had a BFN this morning. I know it's not over until AF shows but I feel like this month is another bust.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Hot Pozzum and Hudson_Hawk, I'm sorry to see you here. It's a crappy road and we can all sympathize.

But you have entered a world of support, knowledge, and love. If you have to be here, then HERE is an a good place to land.

Keep us posted on your test results and next steps- and try to keep your chin up!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
HH, I'm not TTC, but just wanted to offer you some support--given a.) your history of being able to conceive and b.) your age (I consider 35 to still be young), I honestly feel like you've just had a run of bad luck and am hoping the planets will align for you soon. That being said, I'm firmly in the "more information is better" camp, so I think an HSG and SA is a great idea just to cover your bases. In addition to temping, do you use OPKs? I know you don't need to do both, but I liked the OPKs because I have long surges and liked knowing the egg was on its way. I always felt like I was looking in the rear-view mirror when temping. I'm not well versed in what teas to drink, what supplements to take, which BD frequency is best, but hopefully others will chime in. I just wanted to say that I'm excited for you and am still keeping my fingers crossed that AF does not show up this cycle!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1434038191|3887860 said:
HH, I'm not TTC, but just wanted to offer you some support--given a.) your history of being able to conceive and b.) your age (I consider 35 to still be young), I honestly feel like you've just had a run of bad luck and am hoping the planets will align for you soon. That being said, I'm firmly in the "more information is better" camp, so I think an HSG and SA is a great idea just to cover your bases. In addition to temping, do you use OPKs? I know you don't need to do both, but I liked the OPKs because I have long surges and liked knowing the egg was on its way. I always felt like I was looking in the rear-view mirror when temping. I'm not well versed in what teas to drink, what supplements to take, which BD frequency is best, but hopefully others will chime in. I just wanted to say that I'm excited for you and am still keeping my fingers crossed that AF does not show up this cycle!

Hi NEL!!! How are you and your family?? Thank you for your support :)

Yes, I'm using OPKs. I'm also taking prenatal vitamins + folate + Omega three daily, mucinex before O, using pre-see while DTD, and taking baby aspirin during the 2WW. I feel like I've got supplements and the process down. I just can't make it happen. TTC is a nightmare for a type A control freak!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Posting my current chart

6-11-2015_12-10-18_pm.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi HH! I was on the verge of joing this thread when I conceived on my sixth month. The cycle I conceived I had added royal jelly and maca. Jgator had good recommendations for supplements. I also did baby aspirin my whole cycle and have stayed on it since BFP. Good luck!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of the OTC supplements- I had tried mucinex right around O and had zero results for almost two years. The month I got my BFP I had a wicked sinus infection and I was put on the max dose of Mucinex for 30 days straight. I don't know if that made more of a difference than a targeted dose, but...

Now, I needed progesterone to stay pregnant, so maybe the mucinex was a red herring, but it's the only thing I did differently that month!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's the max dose? My MD said to take the regular "nothing else in it" mucinex twice a day from the end of AF until after I confirm O with OPKs and temp. I think the tablets I have are 600mg. I didn't really notice a change in my CM :(

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk said:
Posting my current chart

Just wanted to chime in on your chart. I think O was cd16, not what's marked. What setting do you have FF on?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi HH, I also almost joined this thread but finally got a bfp after 8mos of trying. I have a 4.5yo as well and it was much faster getting a bfp the first time around. I wouldn't consider you to have secondary infertility until your doc says so. I know about the 35yo/6mo threshold but IMHO it does take longer the older your are. Get checked but also keep trying and don't lose hope.
I looked at the chart and bd timing is not the best. FF recommends every other day during fertile period with O-2 being the best timing. You may need to be more consistent with bd. I know my DH didn't complain about that part :wink2:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I took 2400 mg every day- two pills am and two pills pm. I wasn't paying attention to CM that month so I can't say if that changed but the mucus in my nose and lungs sure did.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The royal jelly I took 1500 per day 3 pills spaced them out and the same for maca. I'm not sure how many my but 3 pills a day. When I did mucinex I took one every 6 hours and drank a lot of water. The BD pattern that worked for me was every other day. O-4 o-2 and o morning. I still have royal jelly and maca and I'm more than happy to send it on if you like. I also had DH take the maca.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1434047708|3887954 said:
Hudson_Hawk said:
Posting my current chart

Just wanted to chime in on your chart. I think O was cd16, not what's marked. What setting do you have FF on?

I've tried adjusting the settings for every option and it only changes O by 1 day. I typically have very little CM and rarely EWCM that I can find so its hard to use that to back up the OPKs and pin point O.

DH had to travel CD 12/13 and 15/16 so we did the best we could based on what the OPKs were telling us.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1434057772|3888045 said:
The royal jelly I took 1500 per day 3 pills spaced them out and the same for maca. I'm not sure how many my but 3 pills a day. When I did mucinex I took one every 6 hours and drank a lot of water. The BD pattern that worked for me was every other day. O-4 o-2 and o morning. I still have royal jelly and maca and I'm more than happy to send it on if you like. I also had DH take the maca.

What does 0- mean? Days before O?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1434047708|3887954 said:
Hudson_Hawk said:
Posting my current chart

Agree, CD 16.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
HH, I think it's just a timing thing. I recommend Royal Jelly http://www.amazon.com/Durhams-Royal-Jelly-500-capsules/dp/B003ALH7CK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434115299&sr=8-3&keywords=royal+jelly and COQ-10 which I bought at Costco - their brand. I took the Royal Jelly - 2 capsules twice/day and the COQ-10 - 1 tablet - 2 times/day. I also took plain robitussion around O time. I took the Royal Jelly with both pregnancies - you stop at O in case for some reason your baby is allergic to bee products. I took the COQ10 up to BFP. They say it takes 60 days for the COQ10 to get into your system and it helps with egg quality which may not be an issue with you as you are still young! Good luck. We are rooting for you and everyone else out there.

SB, how are you? I hope all is well. :wavey:

LC, are you out there too? Thinking of you and hoping things are going well for you and your family. :wavey:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
HH, what does the chart look like today? The temp rise yesterday is encouraging. Even if you Oed on CD16, the timing is good. Do you remember when you got the positive on your OPK? Just curious.

All is well here--girls are great, I started working in the 'burbs, so I have more time at home and am very happy with that. Had some tough time with the pups, but you probably saw on FB. I'm very much cheering for you on the sidelines over here!

LC, not sure if you still lurk, but I've been thinking about you and hoping all is well!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
HH, I'm sorry to see you here but I agree with the others that it's likely a timing issue. You've gotten a lot of great recommendations here.
I second JGator's advice on supplements. I took all of those for a long time but switched to the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 on a friend's recommendation shortly before my sticky BFP. Apparently it's more readily absorbed by the body.

Also that month we did a ridiculous amount of BD-ing. (ED for a least O-10 through O+1).
The last ditch effort worked. :cheeky:

Hoping you get your BFP quickly. You too, pozzum. TTC is so hard when things aren't going well.

LC, SB & RT, thinking of you ladies as well.

Also, for the longtime posters, I don't know if you ladies noticed from an earlier post she made discussing her pregnancy, but brightlight now has a beautiful, healthy baby girl. :love:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today's chart. My temp took a nose dive below the cover line this morning so I expect AF to show up on schedule tomorrow.

6-16-2015_11-17-42_am.jpg

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1434467914|3889866 said:
Today's chart. My temp took a nose dive below the cover line this morning so I expect AF to show up on schedule tomorrow.

Any updates? When I had my mc back in August, my temp took a nosedive like that and then shot up the next day and I got the bfp. Ya never know!! :)

AFM- I'm still bopping around, dtd here and there. I got some progesterone cream but I got it more to see if it helps my endo symptoms than anything else. So far, nothing exciting to report lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
AF showed up the other day :(

Just had my CD3 blood draw this morning and we received DH's SA results. His morphology was slightly abnormal and his viscosity was slightly high, but according to our RE they're not so abnormal as to really prevent us from conceiving. Count and motility were both generally good.

So on we go. I have my HSG on Wednesday.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, HH, there is always the catch 22 of being happy that nothing is wrong that would prevent you from conceiving, but also being frustrated about the lack of answers around why it's not happening. I'd be really surprised if anything showed up in your bloodwork or HSG, but still glad you're doing it. Really hoping that it's just a matter of time and that after these unsuccessful months you're due for a BFP!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
HH, good luck to you! You're taking all the rights steps and being proactive. I assume they are testing your FSH? Do you know if they are also doing AMH? FSH is supposed to be on day three, but AMH can be any day of the cycle. Those two results will be good to know to see what your ovarian reserve is like. That combined with an HSG should give you a lot of answers. There's a good chance all will be well and you just have to have the right timing and right egg. But those of us who have posted on this thread understand the frustration when it doesn't happen right away.

Random, hope you're hanging in there. I know things have been really frustrating, and I just hope you get a little one to stick one of these months!

SB and LC, I think about both of you from time to time, and I hope you are both doing well.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks NEL. It's a teeter-totter of emotions to say the least!

MP - I believe AMH an FSH are both on the order slip because I recall her mentioning that they'd look at my reserves as part of this process. I think it's just as likely a timing issue as others have pointed out. If I'm really not ovulating until 2-4 days after my peak OPK reading (using CBE Advanced sticks) then it would make sense that we're DTD too early.

This is just such a crummy time of year timing wise because of DH's work schedule. He's traveling off and on for most of the summer. Travel-wise this month looks good, he'll be home from the 27th - 30th, which is my green window according to FF. He's actually home through the 7th, so if the green days shift we'll still be covered. July through September, though...he's gone or otherwise working around the clock during my fertile window. I'm going to have to get creative during those months.

Had I thought far enough ahead I would have held off on scheduling our appointment with the RE until the fall and just tabled TTC for the rest of the summer.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I had my HSG today. Tubes were clear and I have a "great cavity",but she did note that I have a very stubborn cervix. So yea, no clinical answers :(

Next step is our follow up/results review with the RE in a few weeks.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the lack of answers, but am glad that everything looked good. A former coworker of mine got pregnant earlier this year the cycle after her HSG as her doc told her it sometimes "clears the way". Hoping that since the HSG didn't give you any additional insight, it can serve another purpose!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady said:
Sorry for the lack of answers, but am glad that everything looked good. A former coworker of mine got pregnant earlier this year the cycle after her HSG as her doc told her it sometimes "clears the way". Hoping that since the HSG didn't give you any additional insight, it can serve another purpose!
Yep! Pregnancy rates go way up for three months following an HSG. That's when I got pregnant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results