shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Solitaire resize and authentication costs/policies?

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
Good afternoon!

I've purchased Tiffany solitaire secondhand and I need to resize it from an 8 to a 5.5 or 5.25.
How much will Tiffany charge for this since I'm not the original owner (any idea how long it'll take)?
Approximately how much will it cost to resize it if at a local jeweler? (I have a local jeweler whom I trust).

The comes with a "Tiffany Retail Replacement Valuation."
I've read this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/has-tiffany-changed-their-authentication-policy.183472/. Does anyone have any updates?

Is there any way I can even get a copy of the original certificate? Will it help if I go to a NYC store?

Thank you for any insight!!!

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
Re: Tiffany Solitaire resize and authentication costs/polici

I just called my local jeweler who quoted me at approximately $200 and two weeks!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

$200-300 depending on the store and how much resizing they have to do. They quote 2 weeks as stated but it can take longer and it seems they ship them off to NY to have them resized.

They will not offer the original diamond cert anymore. They do offer the Tiffany Retail Replacement Valuation for $200-300 though. So if you want the specs on the diamond it appears that you're out of luck as T&Co. will no longer provide it to you.

pinkie621

Rough_Rock

Thank you Solgen.

Will the process be faster if I take the ring to a certain Tiffany store? I have access to NY, is the work actually done in the flagship, or elsewhere?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

It would probably spend less time in transit so it might be done quicker. I'm not sure where the work is done exactly but they said it would be shipped to NYC so I assume they'd do it at the flagship or somewhere nearby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results