shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Like Kids?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like my kids. A lot! (Lucky for them lol). I've been blessed with really well behaved and respectful offspring. (James is the exception - he is very rude to people but he has severe Autism so I won't hold that against him! I do try to teach him not to but he doesn't listen) I also adore my baby grandson Isaac! :love:

I'm not too interested in children I'm not related to. I dont go out of my way to interact with them. I do like seeing teeny babies though!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1434288192|3889112 said:
mochiko42|1434081774|3888211 said:
I'm relieved at that the percentage of people (on PS at least!) who have ambivalent feelings about babies and children is higher than I expected. I feel like less of a freak that the maternal instinct doesn't automatically kick in when I see babies and small children.

That's great, mochiko!

I feel good about starting this thread, because I think it's a bit ridiculous for women to feel uncomfortable about liking or not liking children, in this day and age.

Neither way is right or wrong, it just is. No one should feel like a freak.

In the age of the guy that used to be on my Wheaties box, suddenly becoming a girl, a few people liking or not liking kids is NOT a big deal. Caitlin's shown we're at a stage where we can all be honest with ourselves (and others) and should be. :appl: :appl:

+1 :appl:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I really enjoyed our children all the way through and I liked most of their friends too. I love it now that they're older too - there's something stimulating and good for morale about seeing young people making their way in the world. I feel they do me good and I love that sense they leave me with that the world is safe in their hands. There's the odd one or two of my son's friends that have broken my heart. One who was the only one of a group who thanked me for a lift I'd given him somewhere - he's now perpetually in and out of jail at only age 23. Each time I think this time he'll not want to repeat the same mistake but no, a short time later I'll read in the paper he's done something and been sent back in. From a very wealthy but troubled background. Another has become a heroin addict; such a good looking and witty young dude - it's like he had no idea what he had going for him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results