shape
carat
color
clarity

What is on your wish list?

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I need an inexpensive stone to use in an everyday engagement ring. My sapphire is two years old now and is getting chipped, so I've stopped wearing it as much. I'm thinking about getting a halo setting for it and only wearing it on special occasions. I'm wearing diamonds now (platinum setting with two 4mm and one 5mm), but they are SO boring. I need some color but don't know what to get. I want something that can be replaced easily in a few years when it gets chipped and I'm ready for a different color.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1433810224|3886752 said:
I'm in the mood far a large cabochon in a Marc Williams style bezel. Something affordable, maybe opaque.
fbb3834082fbcccf41f7e873fc892d3a.jpg marc_williams_hearts.jpg

These are amazing and sweet like candy!! Thanks for sharing Niel.

Derbygal: thank you for liking my Paraiba ring!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
indigoblue|1434045291|3887917 said:
I need an inexpensive stone to use in an everyday engagement ring. My sapphire is two years old now and is getting chipped, so I've stopped wearing it as much. I'm thinking about getting a halo setting for it and only wearing it on special occasions. I'm wearing diamonds now (platinum setting with two 4mm and one 5mm), but they are SO boring. I need some color but don't know what to get. I want something that can be replaced easily in a few years when it gets chipped and I'm ready for a different color.

I feel like I hear you saying "chrysoberyl"! :lol:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
gingercurls|1433805991|3886724 said:
I feel like there is always (at least) one stone on my ever-growing wish list. Sometimes the items that are on my list actually exist and sometimes they have yet to be cut or discovered! For example, right now I have been eyeing this 6.30 carat Iolite from Roger Dery
iolitetrillioncab_6_30ct_1346.jpg

and I have been searching high and low for several months for a violet/violetish blue 3+ carat Spinel with no results or "leads".

Does anyone else have a wish list?

If I wasn't on a buying ban, I would arm wrestle you for this one. It is gorgeous.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I have almost everything I want right now. I'd love to add a mint green vanadium chrysoberyl and a pure medium blue spinel with no color shift, but neither of those would be within my reach.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1434080552|3888200 said:
I have almost everything I want right now. I'd love to add a mint green vanadium chrysoberyl and a pure medium blue spinel with no color shift, but neither of those would be within my reach.
Yes I'd love love love a vanadium chryso

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot stop thinking a about the Marc Williams rings Niel posted. Mmmmm :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I've been working rather intensely on my collection of late, and I've added a lot of things that I really wanted. So in many ways I don't have a lot on my wish list anymore, which feels odd to me.

The only thing I really still want are a couple of 2+ ct spinels - I'd like a lavender round and a blue with very little gray. I already have a bunch of lovely lavenders and periwinkles but they're just not quite BIG enough, lol. I wouldn't really mind a nice 2 ct Colombian emerald or 2 ct blue Ceylon sapphire either, lol. Basically I just want bigger versions of things I already have.

And I really want to set all of my loose gems!!!

Oh now that I think of it - I'd love to have a suite of 3-4 mm OEC diamonds to make a ring, or at least a pair, in the 5 mm range.

Oh and there is a pair of red Burmese spinels that I love but can't afford right now...here they are...hmmm guess I'm not really almost done after all, lol. It seems I can always think of a few things I want :)

_31062.jpg

_31063.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434135617|3888456 said:
I cannot stop thinking a about the Marc Williams rings Niel posted. Mmmmm :love:

You know, if you could find a cats eye chryso, it would look amazing.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1434137224|3888476 said:

I also love his rings with faceted diamonds and CS. Do you think it could work with the Danburite?
Have also been thinking about one of Doug's chrysoprases, but that would be soooo ban breaking :twisted:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434141117|3888499 said:
Niel|1434137224|3888476 said:

I also love his rings with faceted diamonds and CS. Do you think it could work with the Danburite?
Have also been thinking about one of Doug's chrysoprases, but that would be soooo ban breaking :twisted:

I have seen them with faceted colored stones but there's something about a large cab that I think really sets the whole look. I was thinking a chrysoprases would be amazing in one, though I think they would look weird in platinum.

Ban ban ban. I think the lady doth protest too much! ;-) :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results