shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK, that's great! It's an all PS extravaganza for this piece of rough. (somehow I'm reminded of the National Geographic documentaries about lions in the Serengeti feasting on a meal, not one scrap is left behind or wasted...[emoji23])

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bah I should have gotten one lol

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I just saw Doug's picture on FB and they are stuuuuuunnnning stones! Gasp out loud stunning. Dammit. Quit getting such purty things, it just makes me want one!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working on the crown of number two

_31049.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the stunning end result for the first two Asschers!!
Congrats Mochiko :wavey:
Personally I am thrilled! I would loooove to see the stone with my own eyes and look forward setting it (although in reality it may take a while). The facets look so crisp and the colour such a beautiful sky blue :love:

Mochiko, Pyramid, Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma and DK: definitely something to look forward to!!!
See my post with Doug's request on the page before: do you mind if Doug holds on to the stones until he can make a group pic? According to DK the last oval will probably be cut in about 2 weeks.

_31050.jpg

_31051.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Those asschers are making me drool.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
And the stunning end result for the first two Asschers!!
Congrats Mochiko :wavey:
Personally I am thrilled! I would loooove to see the stone with my own eyes and look forward setting it (although in reality it may take a while). The facets look so crisp and the colour such a beautiful sky blue :love:

Mochiko, Pyramid, Lovinggems, Shulaibaoma and DK: definitely something to look forward to!!!
See my post with Doug's request on the page before: do you mind if Doug holds on to the stones until he can make a group pic? According to DK the last oval will probably be cut in about 2 weeks.

The blue is just gorgeous, very understated but prominent. It's a colour that I would wear often. [emoji41] [emoji39] A family photo would be awesome. I need time to decide on the setting! Plus, I'm going traveling next week so I would have asked Doug to wait another week to ship it out anyway. [emoji4]

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Who is the second 'M'? Is that you Acinom?

The stones are gorgeous!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm constantly clicking for updates now. :cheeky:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Simply beautiful Asschers. I want one.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK: congrats!! So great that you got the confirmation! Happy waiting and anticipation DK

jstarfireb, caf: thank you!!! :D

Mochiko: ha!!! I just discovered that you already posted the cut stones before I did! Thanks for posting!! They came out so beautiful. I love that we have the twin stones. Cannot wait for the others to be finalised.

Ricezo: yes, I am indeed the other 'M' 8-)

Lovinggems: looking forward to admire yours!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two Asschers are superb!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1434137488|3888480 said:
The two Asschers are superb!

DK :love:

Doug did an amazing job! I am so glad you have acquired such a big and beautiful piece. I cannot wait to see what the ovals and other Asschers will look like.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the asschers :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
The asschers are amazing! The color is beautiful & the cutting is superb! :love: I am really enjoying this thread & am looking forward to seeing the other stones too. Really hope we get to see a family photo! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Okay now I'm officially jealous... I really want an asscher cut natural blue topaz now! :cry:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
ricezo|1434275532|3889071 said:
Okay now I'm officially jealous... I really want an asscher cut natural blue topaz now! :cry:

What size were you looking for?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockingruby: thank you!!!

Pyramid: so curious to learn what the ovals will look like. I love the supernova design.

Are you thinking about selling yours Lovinggems?

Ricezo: you could consider asking Doug what the grade 2 natural topaz will look like once cut. Seems like a promising colour as well.

_31110.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1434276770|3889075 said:

Lovinggems - I haven't really thought about it! I love the size of my green tourm which is 8.85mm so something around that size!

Acinom - Thanks! I contacted Doug a few days ago about a stone for my sister but no reply yet. If he gets back to me I may ask him about his rough inventory. If I decide to get a natural blue topaz though, I think I'll hold out for a top colour too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of stone is your sister looking for Ricezo? Hopefully Doug has what you and your sister are looking for. I am sure he will get back to you soon. He was still recovering from the flu last week.

Doug promised to send me a photo of the Asschers on the back of his hand on Monday. Looking forward to see it.

I am wondering whether there is a huge difference between grade 2 and 3? The grade 3 motherhood looked so much lighter once it was chopped into smaller pieces:

_31111.jpg

_31112.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be my monitor, however, I can see a touch more green in the Grade 2 roughs compare to the Top Colour mother rough.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the mother rough looks dark teal, the twins sky blue. The grade 2 rough looks indeed more green. I wonder whether the difference will be huge once the stones are faceted? In any case: the green looks great too :love:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1434277120|3889077 said:
Rockingruby: thank you!!!

Pyramid: so curious to learn what the ovals will look like. I love the supernova design.

Are you thinking about selling yours Lovinggems?

Ricezo: you could consider asking Doug what the grade 2 natural topaz will look like once cut. Seems like a promising colour as well.

I am very confident the ovals will be beautiful - they couldn't not be :wink2:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi Acinom, no not selling. I did ask Doug about a smaller pair of earring stones if there's any left over rough when I requested my 10mm asscher. Not sure if there's any leftover now, if Doug replied yes just checking with Ricezo what she's looking for.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo said:
Lovinggems|1434276770|3889075 said:

Lovinggems - I haven't really thought about it! I love the size of my green tourm which is 8.85mm so something around that size!

Acinom - Thanks! I contacted Doug a few days ago about a stone for my sister but no reply yet. If he gets back to me I may ask him about his rough inventory. If I decide to get a natural blue topaz though, I think I'll hold out for a top colour too!
I think Doug can easily find you another beautiful natural topaz [emoji41]. If you like lighter/pale blue, I would suggest the Australian topaz from O'Brien Creek, it looks beautiful. The champagne topaz from Australia is also gorgeous.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cutting of the 10 mm Asscher for Lovinggems and the 11 mm Asscher for Shulaibaoma in action!
Two more gorgeous stones in progress.

_31119.jpg

_31120.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received a photo from Doug with the Asschers on the back of his hand. Come and pick one Mochiko!!!

_31127.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
[double post]

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh they are gorgeous!! How exciting for you both!

Thanks Acinom, Mochiko & Lovinggems! I contacted Doug about potential tourmaline rough for my sister. He is going to see what he has available. If the tourmaline rough is out of budget we may opt for a topaz or other type of stone. Will keep you posted!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Acinom I am liking your french cut band idea more and more each day. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results