shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about a new setting, please advise!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hi all. I am thinking about re-setting my 1 ct, L/M, VVS2 stone. I am undecided whether I want something with sidestones, like kites or traps, or a cathedral setting with pave/ french cuts... What do you think? Here is the current (temporary) setting. I likely will still wear it with my rose gold band.

_30957.jpg

ring_196.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeks...I like it the way it is! If you go with side stones are you going white or staying in the L/M color range? Are you wanting
to stay with an antique look or go away from that?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't already done so, you might want to spend some time in the engagement ring/eye candy thread (at the top of this page) and see if you can narrow down your preferences a bit. :wink2:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I, too, have been thinking of a reset of my L stone. It's in platinum. I love the setting, but I feel like the platinum adds a grayness that I don't like, or the warmth of the diamond clashes with the grayness, and I think I want to celebrate the warmth. I am thinking rose gold. I still want a solitaire.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I am wanting to stay with the antique-ish look, and if I go with side stones, I will go with colorless as opposed to warmer color stones... I really want the warm creamy color of the center stone to stand out! Also, I feel like putting it in a setting with side stones/halo, etc... will make it stand apart from an "engagement ring" type of setting... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-in-plat-solitaire-w-french-cut-sides.211024/ This is beautiful, if i went with a solitaire with pave, this is what I would do (or something similar). I also like option 1 (listed below) with the tapered baguettes... Never was a baguette fan, but this is beautiful! I also like Ponyo's 3 stone with pear sides.. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gd-3-stone-love.146448/#post-2642017#p2642017 Any way I go, I want to keep an old-world type of feel to it.

option_13.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all your choices tucking…my only thought is that with the pears, you will have some contrast between the cut and color of your antique stone and the pears, unless you can track down L/M antique pear sidestones.

Just my 2 cents, I really love Mochiko's setting, I think it's gorgeous!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Junebug! I am sort of thinking the same thing about the contrast between the cut and style of the stones... I am IN LOVE with the french-cut side stones, but I sort of want to veer away from the look of the traditional "solitaire"... But then again, I think the claw prongs are fabulous, and would look great with this stone!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is a beautiful setting! Ok, I gotcha, going by your comments about avoiding a solitaire look the baguettes might be the way to go, I love that too and it is a very classic and timeless setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results