carat
color
clarity

What Are Your Life NUMBERS So Far?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1433144676|3883579 said:
iLander|1433123965|3883500 said:
Kenny: what do you do with your old pianos?
Sell em.

Two secrets to a long marriage:
1. Don't die
2. Low standards

??????Kenny????? I'm trying hard not to believe 'low standards' :(( . You obviously are typing with another personna :rolleyes:, I hope.

Please reconsider your response. :bigsmile:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts|1433137739|3883560 said:
jordyonbass|1433131319|3883541 said:
iLander

Billfish are the family of marine fish that typically have a long upper jaw that is called a 'bill'. Swordfish, Marlin, Sailfish and Spearfish all come under the 'Billfish' family.

And I have nothing against them at all, quite the opposite actually!! My father and I have devoted much of our life and income to targetting large, oceanic apex predators when we go fishing. Around 15-20 years ago there was major problems with bio mass sizes around australia, so my family (along with hundreds of fishermen) helped to introduce the gamefish tagging program which has helped marine biologists track size, growth rates, distribution and migration patterns of a species we otherwise knew virtually nothing about other than the observation that it wasn't so prevalent anymore. Since the introduction of the tag and release program, the wildstocks have bounced back and more fishermen are now releasing their captures with the highest level of care taken. It's a beautiful thing :dance:

I had recently looked into our logbook after I decided to start keeping one when I was 16-17 years old; 203 fish in 10 years isn't bad when I estimate our family only caught 50 or so in the 10 years before that! :appl:
Of all my numbers, that's probably one I am most proud of. For marine biologists to get the same kind of data, it would take millions of dollars of investment, donation and fund-raising followed by tens of thousands of hours of labour. We really do offer a fantastic way for science to conduct research without the massive expenditure required for the data.

Here's a pic of me and a 200lb Marlin we tagged and released, he was re-caught just over 18 months later and was pushing 300lb :twirl:

So cool!! Marlin are gigantic - what the heck did you catch that was 1200 lbs!?!?!?!??!?!

It was a Giant Black Marlin about 4 years ago, I was working on a boat up at Cairns here in Australia and we got 4 fish in 5 days over the 1000lb mark. The 1200lb+ fish was in a different league though, I had the nervous job of grabbing the last 25 feet of 700lb fishing line by hand. Think of walking a rampaging Rhino on a leash :lol:

I rarely actually do the catching part with Marlin nowadays, it's too much hard work for me and I am more happy to see my friends catch them. I am happy to spectate as someone else cause their body more pain than a high intensity gym workout :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I can barely remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone all of these other details that everyone else seems to have the ability to easily recall :shock: :lol:
I can remember the big stuff, like I've owned 3 houses, but the rest would just be a guess on my part.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1433123965|3883500 said:
Manderz; okay, we now need a list of where all the piercings are :naughty:

None that are too naughty these days. 12 of them are in my ears, the other is my lower navel. Now, had you asked me 12 or so years ago... :naughty:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
In my life so far:

Married not yet coming Dec 2015

E-rings one

Apartments 2

Houses 2

Cars 6

Cats 4

Dogs 9 or 10

Couches 3

Purses over I can't count

Horses 12

Chickens 17 (currently 11)

Pigs 3

Babies 1

books hundreds.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Married 28 years

E-rings 3

Apartments 2

Houses 2

Children 1

Cars 15?

Cats 1

Dogs 7

Couches 5

Other Diamonds:
.75 Emerald Cut F SI1
1.01 Radiant E I1 eye clean
1.03 Marquise J SI1
1.02 Asscher G VS1 I think
Various other less than ct diamonds

Colored Gems: tooooo many to count

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Late to this thread
Husbands 1
Married 30 years
Apartments 1
Houses 2
Cars 6
Children 3 one married
6 cats
6 dogs
6 hedgehogs
2 hamsters
1 raccoon
E rings 2
Bands 2
Antique jewelry you don't want to know
Hair color changes 4

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very late to thread as usual....

Husband(s) 1
Married 14 years 9 months
Apartments 5
Houses 7
Cars 6
Real jobs 3
Children 2
Pairs of shoes 60+
E rings 3
Bands 2
Scarves 30
Starbucks Mugs 20
Jars of sauces, dressings, condiments 30+
gray hairs 11

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom|1433809876|3886751 said:
V
gray hairs 11

That is so specific! I'm curious, how do you know it's 11? I know that I have several, one because it sticks straight up in the middle of my head as it grows out (after plucking the sucker) and I see another couple randomly when I wear my hair up. I couldn't tell you exactly how many I have, though.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1433813928|3886768 said:
jaysonsmom|1433809876|3886751 said:
V
gray hairs 11

That is so specific! I'm curious, how do you know it's 11? I know that I have several, one because it sticks straight up in the middle of my head as it grows out (after plucking the sucker) and I see another couple randomly when I wear my hair up. I couldn't tell you exactly how many I have, though.

Every couple of months I have my kids yank out any gray hair they can find. The sit patiently, scouring my nape and behind my earlobes where my grays are usually hidden. After they've yanked out all they could find, I count them....and voila, magic number has been 10 for a couple years now. Today I spotted one in my bangs.....where we have never seen a gray...I named that hair #11!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Married: 1 year (together for 7 years before getting married)
E Rings: now on my 2nd.
Wedding bands: 3 (only kept the 1st and 3rd)
Items of Tiffany jewelry: 2 (both pendant necklaces)
Items of Whiteflash jewelry: 2 (DBTY necklace and studs)
Items of GOG jewelry: 1 (AVR)
Laptops owned throughout my life: 6 (first was an IBM Thinkpad 770 in 1997 when I was 15, it cost almost US$5,000 at the time... can you imagine?!)
TVs owned: 1
Computers at home: 5 (for 2 people!)
Apartments purchased: 1
Distance to the beach from my home: 10 min drive
Cars: 0 (always lived in big cities with good public transport.)
Cats: 2 (both with me now)
Countries lived in: 4
Continents lived in: 3
Countries visited: 28 (Asia: 13, Europe: 8, Middle East: 2, North America: 3, Australasia & Pacific: 2)
Dogs: countless over the years, but 0 now
Employers: 5 (excluding freelance/project-based gigs)
Languages spoken (at least sufficiently to get around/tourist level): 6
Languages spoken everyday: 2
Number of currencies which I have loose change (left over from travelling) lying in a drawer at home: 10+
Number of countries visited in the past 12 months: 9 (3 were new for me)

Here's the beach 10 minutes from my home :naughty: I go every Friday to swim and sunbathe (there are many fish in the water, it's pretty beautiful).
beach.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results