shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy (late) birthday Marcy! I hope you had a good one! We don't have a Buca anywhere near us, but I remember really liking it the time I went. Matt said they went once with a bunch of people from the office when he was in Louisville, and one of the guys was very put off by the sharing thing and ate an entire pan of lasagna himself. I got the iPhone 6 plus because I had the galaxy note 3, which is comparable in size. I'm thinking I may get rid of my mini and get an iPad Air 2 with more capacity than what I have now. I'm tired of having to delete apps and pics! Which one do you have? Did I tell you that I bought Velcro tape to make my room even darker? I have a strip on the back of the blackout curtain and a strip on the window frame. It works wonderfully!

Zoe-I'm glad your husband is excited about job prospects. I'd love to look for another job, but the whole searching & interview thing is a very unpleasant thought! Your frozen lemonade sounds tasty. I love stuff like that. The more tart, the better. I don't mind a rainy day on the weekend. It gives me an excuse for being lazy.

We just got home from visiting dad in the hospital. He has 2 different bacterial infections, one of which is very bad and very contagious. We had to suit up...gown, gloves and all, and we weren't allowed to touch him. He's very weak and depressed, but the doctor told him it wasn't his time yet and he had to keep fighting. I'm going to work a few hours from home tomorrow, and then we're going to head back to KY. It's 1:35 am and I took a sleeping pill, so goodnight. Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, love the pic of the killer rabbit with the solider! I saw Vera at the GTG and gave her a big hug for you. I had the CB take a pic of us together to send you but now I can’t find it on my phone….???

Rod, I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve seen you and Charlie! You’re right though – how time flies… Really looking forward to spending a little time with you in September!

Zoe, I totally know what you mean about worrying that contract work might not be stable, but if that is the route that you DH does end up going, at least in the beginning, it may actually lead to something permanent, so it could all work out in the end.

Deegee, I’m sorry to hear your dad is in the hospital. I have to laugh at you and Curby with the blackout curtains. If it were up to me I wouldn’t have any window coverings at all… but there is a big window right beside my bed that is pretty much right on the sidewalk and I’m sure my neighbors would find it odd to look in and see my bed (and ME in my bed!) right there so I’ve got a curtain up.

The CB and I made it back from Vegas with our fortunes intact. I broke my rule about only gambling $100/day and went over a little the first day, but we went to the Hoover damn one of the days and didn’t gamble at all, so it balanced out. Plus, I won $62.15 playing penny slots – woo hoo!

We had dinner with a bunch of PSers on Friday night, and then the big GTG was Saturday. I see people are already posting pics in hangout. The CB and I had breakfast with Enerchi and Abby12 yesterday and then we finally came home. It felt like a looooong trip, even though we were only there Thursday to Sunday.

I ended up talking to one of the location scouts last night when I landed (close to midnight!) and he wants to bring someone by TODAY to look at my place with the idea of shooting a commercial there TOMORROW… so I had to spend an hour or so just straightening things out when we got home. Nothing major, but I wanted to be tidied up so I put things away and made sure it was in order. Then I couldn’t sleep… AND woke up around five… I’m running on about four hours of sleep right now. I’m sure I’ll crash mid-afternoon!

And since we ARE on the healthy living forum ( :cheeky: ) this is a good place to say I’m going to make an effort to be better!!! (Notice I didn’t say *good* ha ha!) I need to eat less bad stuff (less stuff in general, actually!) and get more exercise in. Starting today!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I’m impressed someone could eat an entire pan of lasagna themselves at Buca. We ordered 7 large entrees, a salad, 2 orders of garlic bread and although we put a massive dent in the food most of the pasta entrees had some leftovers. That large lasagna was impressive; I think it had 8 layers of noodles. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I did have a good day. I think the Plus is a nice size phone. I prefer my iPad over my mini but I don’t mind the size of the mini at work. I leave it there most of the time. I think my stuff is 64g. Great idea to Velcro the blackout curtain down. Our room is so pitch dark now I can’t see in there. It’s great! I hate to hear your dad has 2 infections and one of them is so bad. I hope he starts to feel better soon. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Dee Jay, I got an email from Vera today saying she met you and that you gave her a big hug for she. She has been a delight to work with this past year and I would love to meet her. I hope you find the picture of you too; I’d love to have it. I am glad you had a nice time in Vegas and had fun at the GTG. You hit the jackpot at the penny slots. My sister lives in the country and when we are at their place it drives me crazy because it’s all dark outside and all of her curtains and drapes are wide open. How fun to have a scout look at your place for a commercial.

Another day of work complete! We had steak and corn on the cob cooked on the grill for supper. Easy clean up there! Marty is helped a friend of his write up his job description. That is always scary when your employee asks for that!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, it sounds like you had fun in LV. I always like reading about the PS GTG. Maybe I'll go one day. How did the visit from the location scout go? They didn't give you much notice, did they?

Marcy, it's interesting to write up a detailed description of your job. I've done it before and I was surprised at how much goes into a day in the life of someone in my field. Do you know why Marty's friend was asked to do that? Maybe it's not a bad thing. Maybe they're doing some sort of PR for the company or something, getting the word out there about the roles and responsibilities of their employees.

Hi Rod and Deegee!

I tweaked my back at work yesterday. I've been cleaning out my room -- it was so cluttered from the last people who were there before they moved on to other positions. I was moving bookcases around and reorganizing things, and that never ends well for my back. It doesn't hurt as much now as it did yesterday, but I was moving slowly for a good portion of the morning. My room is almost done now, and it will feel so nice to return to a less cluttered space in August. I need to be as vigilant about decluttering my closets at home. That's my summer project. We'll see how *that * goes. Hey, Dee*Jay, wanna come help? I heard you're a pro!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, forget the total blackness outside the windows in the county – how ‘bout the total silence?!? I think you know my mother lives in Idaho, and she’s at the top of a mountain in the last house before the Boise National Forest begins. You could hear a pin drop out there… or a pine cone in this case!

Zoe, take it easy on your back! From one suffer to another, I feel your pain (and I know Rod does too). As for closet cleaning, for some reason I still have SO much stuff in there, even though I take bags and bags to the Salvation Army…??? Maybe it breeds in the night light Curby’s killer rabbits!

So the dingbats who are doing the commercial didn’t realize you need to get a permit from the City to prohibit other people from parking in certain areas of the street so they can put their trucks and things there with the equipment. Well the City doesn’t work instantaneously by any means – I think it takes at least 24 hours to get a permit request processed, and then you have to post the notice in the prohibited parking a certain number of days in advance, and of course none of this was done. That’s what happens when you get an out-of-town company trying to film in Chicago. So today was a no go.

On a good note though I ate pretty well yesterday. I had three different rounds of fruit (I know there’s sugar and calories in fruit, but at least it was better than the muffins or cookies I would normally have gone for!) and I had salad with chicken for lunch and a big spinach salad for dinner. I did have a moment of weakness when I finished off with an English muffin, but that was the only “bad” thing I had yesterday. Tonight we’re meeting friends for $5 wing night at a local place so we’ll see how that goes…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Zoe, that guy works at the same company I do so I asked around today and other departments haven’t been asked to do anything like that. This guy worked for Marty so Marty helped him write up everything he does. His department is now under it’s 3rd boss since Marty left (he was obviously hard to replace) and this latest guy is a director from corporate so maybe he just wants to assess their positions and work load but who knows. I hope your back feels better. Ouch! It’s nice to clear out clutter though.

Dee Jay, that is too bad the commercial didn’t pan out. I am still waiting to see Dee Jay Land on TV. Total silence is nice but weird. I am sure your mom’s place is dark and quiet. Think of the stars you can see from there. Sweet. I knew those killer rabbits keep multiplying. Or at least they seem to be everywhere around here. I started my day out good too with fruit and a piece of wheat toast. Lunch was 2 tacos and supper was BBQ brisket and mac and cheese and a few potatoes. We had some TCBY frozen yogurt later.

We tried a newer BBQ place at the mall for supper then walked around a while. I looked at thinner bands for my wedding band and Marty looked at golf clubs. I bet that surprised everyone. I asked my gemologist at WF to take a picture of their Odyssey ring with a band like my ering. What do I need 3 bands for? Who knows but I want a thinner one to add to my collection. This one is thinner than my other bands but not as much; it’s 3.3 mm. If I go thinner though the diamonds get mighty small.

It was beautiful here today. It got to 80 degrees and amazingly there wasn’t much wind.

My right rear tire was whining again about being underinflated. They couldn’t find a nail in it but did put more sealant on the last 2 nail patches and replaced the valve stem. I told them I have a problem hitting curbs. Maybe I should be looking at Michelins instead of a band. Those tires will cost more than that band.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new Tumi case for my iPad Air 2 showed up. I love it. It fits better than the one for the Air. :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's too bad the shoot didn't work out, Dee*Jay. I'm surprised the company didn't know to check with the city about parking, etc. My back feels better today. I think I'm just about done moving furniture in my room. It will be nice to leave for the summer knowing that I don't have to comb through someone else's belongings anymore.

Food yesterday has been pretty typical, minus the cereal I've discovered recently:

Breakfast: 1 c. Puffins brand peanut butter cereal (It's in the health food aisle but I'd hardly call it healthy. I think it's made with non-GMO corn though!), 1/2 c. Lactaid skim milk, medium tea with almond milk from DD.

Lunch: Salad with chicken, a little cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing, a banana

Dinner: Salmon (~4 I think, I didn't weigh it), 1/2 c. quinoa (flavored with garlic, onion, and whatever other ingredients were in the pre-packaged bag), 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 diet coke.

Snacks:~4 c. popcorn from a bag, butter flavored (I think it's a relatively healthier option as far as "buttered" popcorn goes.), 2 plain rice cakes, Skippy all-natural peanut butter, strawberries on top (my new favorite snack), seltzer

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, where are pictures of this fabulous new Tumi?! And be super careful with that tire – the CB’s daughter had a blow out on the highway last Thursday and it scared the hell out of her.

Zoe, people who come from “normal” places don’t always understand how things are done in Chicago, LOL.

So yesterday I ate pretty well (lots of fruit, salad for lunch – I did have an extra iced coffee with 2% milk in the afternoon, but it was either that or a cookie!!!) until we met some friends for dinner…I had five chicken wings of different varieties (buffalo, terriakki [sp?], jerk), a Tiger Lager, and ONE large french fry. So today starts day three…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Zoe, I am glad your back feels better today. I am intrigued by strawberries and peanut butter. It doesn’t sound like I’d like them together but now I will have to give them a try.

Dee Jay, I have hardly got to use my new Tumi yet. I am about ready to get one of my Tumi handbags back out. My Fossil is light and getting dirty already. I can see what CB’s daughter would be scared having a tire blow out on her. Marty really pushes that car on the highway too.

My day began with an unexpected announcement. I have a new boss. My boss took over an additional department and now has 9 direct reports so I will be working for someone that has always been alleged to be at the same level as me. Our teams do work close together and it makes sense to try and work as one team. Generally I get along with him. He is blunt and direct which I prefer. I was upset at first but overall my job shouldn’t change much. Marty met me for lunch and I was fine by then but it was nice of him to offer to meet me somewhere.

I had decided on a band to order but I am now rethinking it. I still need to go try on more different styles. This is an impulse buy and only 1 of the 3 I’m considering isn’t custom which means that is the only one I can return if I don’t like it.

I’ll post pictures shortly.

We are getting quite a thunderstorm right now. Heavy rain, small hail and lots of sheet lightning.

Is it Friday yet?

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are 3 bands I'm considering. My current bands are 4mm and I want something smaller to wear sometimes.

Left set is 3.3 mm and has 3 pointer diamonds and 5 pointer sapphires (2mm stones)

Middle is shown with 1 pointers but I can have custom made with 3 pointers band would be 2.7 mm

Right is 2.3 mm band and has 1.7 mm stones (.02 diamonds and .03 sapphires)

Your thoughts are welcome!

Marcy

bands.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Teddy Bears want me to go to bed so they can play Angry Birds on my iPad.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1433391178.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, strawberries and peanut butter sounds like a strange combination unless it's strawberry jam and you're making PB&J, but put them on top of a rice cake, and they're soooo good. New boss, huh? Hopefully it's a smooth transition in terms of now reporting to someone new. Beautiful choices for a new ring! I like them all but I'd probably go with the top left first, then the top right, then the one in the middle. I'm sure any of them would be great, so yeah, I'm no help.

Good news - my husband has an interview! Well, he needs to schedule one, but he got a voice mail yesterday from someone at a local hospital who wants him to come in. It was HR who called, not the hiring manager in the IT dept., and D's talked to this person a couple of times already. Yay! We're going on vacation on what was supposed to be D's last day of work with his current company, so he told them his last day would be the 26th. That's right before we go away, so it works out. It would be great to have a new job by then, too, so then we can go away and not have any worries at all.

OhmygodI'msotired. So sleepy. I woke up at 2:30 this morning with the songs my kids at school will be singing for our kindergarten celebration running through my head. If you knew the songs, you'd be laughing. They're cute but not really something you want in your head while trying to snooze in the middle of the night. Over and over again. So annoying.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, hmmm… I actually like the middle one to pair with your erring. Plus, at 2.7 mm, it should be enough to wear on its own if you ever wanted to go without your erring (like it you were traveling).

Zoe, I was also wide awake at 2:30 this morning, but I’m happy to report I didn’t have any children’s music running through my head (ha!), just the loooong list of things I need to get done at work for my annual project.

Yesterday I wore my new tennis shoes home and I think they are good. I also discovered (well, OK, the CB told me about… ) the “health” app on my phone. It said I walked 5.72 miles yesterday, which is probably about right because it’s 1.4 miles each way to and from work and it was about a mile each way to and from DSW. I wonder how they get the info though? Does it track based on GPS? If so then, does it “count” movement at the same address, like the walking I do around my office during the day? Technology mystifies me!

I was good with food yesterday; oatmeal and iced coffee for breakfast, lunch was salad with grilled chicken and the turkey off of a sandwich, a little fruit, another iced coffee, and a peanut butter sandwich for dinner. I’ll be good today too, but one of my girlfriends comes in tomorrow for a long weekend so all bets are off…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Zoe, very good point about how tasty strawberry jelly is on a PBJ. That sounds delicious right now too. I am very excited to hear your husband has an interview. I am sending mega PS dust his way. I hate when a song sticks in my head and I am sure the songs of cute little children aren’t something any of us want to repeat over and over again in our head. I hope you sleep well tonight. I slept some last night but not well and right now I have a sinus headache that I wouldn’t mind getting rid of and the sooner the better. Let’s hope we both sleep better tonight.

Dee Jay, it sounds like you, Zoe and me could have had a group cup of coffee and bling story session early today. Ugh. I hope you sleep tonight and keep the list of things to do for your project from racing through your head when you should be sleeping. I have no idea how the health app works but I know people like them. They can’t work much different than a fitbit. Glad you like your new shoes. Have fun visiting with your girl friend this weekend. Do you know what a bottle of wine between friends is? EMPTY. Weird I got that in a birthday card last week.

We had a new team meeting today. Things generally went well but there were a lot of questions and I am sure things will be chaotic for a while.

I decided to go with the middle band in the larger size (round bezel set) because it is 2.7 mm so it will be close in size to my ering. Also I tend to like symmetry so once the novelty of the geometric rings wore off I might regret going that direction. So my goal tonight was to look at Danielle bands with solitaires and found this shot. The original band has 1 pointers and this diamond is .77 carats. The custom Danielle I am getting has 3 pointers (5 pointer sapphires) and my diamond is 1.52 carats. So after finding this picture I emailed Whiteflash I wanted to go with the larger size Danielle. I am excited. Then I SWEAR I’m not buying more jewelry until at least July.

Have a great evening and Friday.
Marcy / Curby

screen_shot_2015-06-04_at_0.png

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, have fun visiting with your friend this weekend.

Marcy, I can't wait to see the band once it's done. Thanks for the dust for my husband! He thanks you, too. It took quite a while, over a month, for the person to contact him after he sent in his resume, so I have a feeling things move slowly there. I hope it works out and he gets an offer soon after his interview. He didn't connect with the HR person yesterday, but hopefully they'll set up an interview for next week.

Hi Rod and Deegee!

I'm meeting my mom this weekend to pick up my uncle's dog. I guess he's my parents' dog now, huh? I need to get him a harness to keep him sitting still in the car. He loves the car and he especially loves trying to climb in the driver's seat while someone is driving. It was funny the first few times it happened, but obviously it's not safe. My plan is to take him to the beach and let him run off-leash if there aren't too many people around. Hopefully my husband can meet us there. He'll be taking one of our cats to the vet for a check up. Other than errands revolving around pets, we don't have anything else planned this weekend. I'd like to catch up on some sleep. I fell asleep around 8:00 last night, but I'm still exhausted this morning.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Zoe, it seems to take way too long to get interviews. I am sure you are both anxious for HR to set up the appointment for an interview. Marty had been looking for about 5 months and he was getting pretty depressed then all of a sudden he was flying to Atlanta for an interview. We never know what will happen; it makes life interesting but I am not good at waiting or uncertainty. Speaking of waiting my band will probably ship on June 26. Maybe it will arrive by our anniversary that is on the 29th. I will tell Marty thanks for the anniversary present honey!

Hi Dee Jay, Deegee and Rod!

I sat at my desk today for about 4 hours. My new boss said he is going to get me a double cube with high walls. That will give me more privacy. I worked several hours trying to get my computer set up. I think next week will be interesting.

The sun is out. Woo hoo! Maybe there won’t be any rain tonight.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy /Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi KIds!

I got up about 7. The nursery (plants) opened about 9 so I picked up a tray of flowers and came home to work on laundry. I made us a quick lunch and then we were going to plant the flowers after I got dishes done. My cousin called me and we talked so long Marty that was done planting. Good timing by my cousin!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a great Monday.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I can’t wait to see your new band! At the rate you’re going you’re going to have to put an addition on the house to keep all your jewelry in, ha ha! And good timing on your cousin’s call. Next time you have something you want Marty to do around the house let me know and I’ll call you too!

Zoe, The Demon doesn’t like to be in the car (crazy, I know – what does doesn’t like to ride in the car?!?), but if he is in there he definitely wants to be in the front seat. Not necessarily the driver’s seat, although I’m sure he’d take it if he could get it, but absolutely the front!

My girlfriend got in on Friday and we have done nothing but eat, drink, and shop since then. She has a couple conference calls this morning and then we’re going to have lunch before she goes to the airport so I decided to just come to work. Plus, that gets me out of having to drive to the airport, LOL.

Not much else to report, just recovering from a three day long food coma…

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good plan! I’ll keep your offer in mind the next time I want to get out of some house chore – sorry honey Dee Jay “Has” to talk to me. It’s important! I am anxious to see my band too; it probably won’t arrive for about 3 more weeks though. I have always liked the Danielle band but didn’t want that small of diamonds. I think 3 pointers will be a good size with my ering. That’s funny Demon wants to be up front; he probably doesn’t care if he is on someone’s lap either, huh? I am glad you had a nice time while your friend was here.

Hi Deegee, Rod and Zoe!

Work was okay. I had my cuss and discuss meeting with my employees and I told Marty they were “overwhelming indifferent”. He told me that could be the title of my book. I think they are concerned that my new boss is going to try and shake things up. I have 4 one on ones scheduled tomorrow so I’ll see what they say in a more private conversation.

Marty marinated a flank steak and cooked it along with baked potatoes and corn on the cob on the grill. It was all fabulous.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, “cuss and discuss meeting” – LOVE IT! I’m totally using that going forward! And let me know when you’re book is ready, I’d like a signed copy hot off the presses!

Yesterday I was kinda good… I think. I walked to work (although I was afraid it was going to pour on me the whole time. I also walked home because we had a torrential downpour around 3 pm but it was well over by the time I left. I did get caught in a hail storm when I went over to get the mail last night, but I just waited under the catwalk for it to stop. This weather is crazy.

For food, around mid morning I had some strawberries then I met my friend and her sister for lunch were I was not good at all (but it was delicious!) and then I had more strawberries for dinner. So maybe it all balanced out… And I feel like I’m living on strawberries lately because we always have big bowls of them around the office and they are definitely my fruit of choice!

Today so far I've had an iced coffee and some yogurt. We've got a bit bowl of other fruit in the kitchen now and maybe I'll branch out and get some mellon, ha ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my cuss and discuss meetings today went as expected. One lady didn’t say anything other than “fine”, another one asked some valid questions and the last one continued to argue the same things he always does. My new boss is meeting with him tomorrow and it sounds like my employee wouldn’t come out of that meeting very happy. Time will tell. I’ll start working on my book tonight. Strawberries are delicious right now. I had grapes and strawberries for breakfast today. I had a lean pocket for lunch. Then I was starving at supper, had 2 glasses of wine and ate too much. Tomorrow is another day. At least at work my MarcyIsland is farther from any printer so I walk more.

Marty is making a fruit compote then I am going to brew up cheesecake. We are going out for game night later this week and were asked to bring dessert.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I forgot to ask, does this reorganization mean that you are blissfully free of having to manage the children or are you still stuck with direct reports? And I'm trying not to drink except when I got out or when I have people over on this current iteration of my diet... we'll see how long THAT lasts, ha!

Yesterday I was DETERMINED that I need to start getting up in the morning and doing my elliptical before work. I made coffee last night, put the cup in the fridge so it would be cold in the morning, instructed the CB to put three coffee ice cubes in it (yes, I make coffee ice cubes so my iced coffee isn't diluted when they melt!) and give it to me before he leaves in the morning at 6ish.

Well when I finally got out of bed at 7:30 that iced coffee sitting next to me on the nightstand was still cold and delicious and I enjoyed it thoroughly as I got ready! (Note the "working out on the elliptical part" is suspiciously missing from that chain of events?!) I just don't think I'm capable of getting up earlier than I have to unless there is something PRESSING, and I do mean PRESSING. When I was an auditor I used to take a 6 am flight every Monday morning so I had to get up at 3 am to do that, but that fits into the definition of PRESSING. And when I was studying for the CPA exam I would get up early and launch right into that because the idea of not studying enough and failing and having to take it again was PRESSING. Getting up and hour early to run like a hamster on a wheel... PRESSING? Not so much apparently... !!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, I think I’ll be doing more babysitting. I have the same direct reports. My unhappy employee met with my new boss for over an hour today. It sounds like he had some things clarified for him, mostly my boss packed me up but now my boss wants to talk to everyone. I am not sure what that is all about. I told Marty there isn’t a thing I ever put on a performance plan I can’t back up and so I’ll see what happens. I think I’ll try the same on drinking. Marty was giving me a hard time we have a lot of white wine here but most of his red is gone. That tells you who has been drinking at home. I am with you not getting up early unless it’s PRESSING and it’s better be good. I am the ultimate queen of hitting the snooze alarm! Good idea to make coffee ice cubes. I need to do that with Coke. I love icy Coke. But I only drink 8 oz of that evil sugary drink.

Other than feeling in limbo at work I guess my day was uneventful. Marty had unsettling job news as well. They are adding the commercial side to his job so that’s more responsibility. His boss indicated there is probably a reorg in the works as well.

Hi Deegee, Rod and Zoe!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, that’s a great idea to make coke ice cubes! I like code zero but I rarely finish a whole can because it’s warm by the time I get half way through, and I don’t like regular ice cubes because they water it down. I’m going to have a whole freezer full of crazy non-water cubes if this keeps up, ha ha! As for adding the commercial side to Marty’s *job*, I hope they also add to his *paycheck*. Ick.

Last night it started to rain as I was leaving so the CB picked me up, and then of course not another drop fell once I got in the car. I had some leftover steak from the other night and a couple of grapes, and one of my neighbors brought me a grilled portobello from a recipe he was trying out, so that was all good.

The CB and I then spent some time walking around the building and criticizing the lousy job the landscapers did yesterday (the bushes had become so overgrown that the mailman left a note saying he was not going to deliver the mail any more if a path to the mailroom door wasn’t cleared). The bushes are now are “square”… but none of them match up with the others. It took some real effort to get them so screwed up. Oh well, at least now the mailman can get through.

Tonight we are going to a part for some friends of our who got married. This is kind of the informal "reception." I'll see a bunch of my old work people there, so that should be fun. Oh, and there will be wine. So that will be fun too, LOL!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Dee Jay, I never finish my Cokes either because once they get warmish I am done with them. I should make Coke ice cubes for sure. One time I put a bottle of Coke in the freezer at work and kind of forgot about it. When I pulled it out it was easily about 80% frozen so I opened it and had an instant volcano. What a mess. What was left to drink though was an awesome Coke slushy. Rats that the landscapers didn’t do a great job but at least the mailman won’t complain. Have fun at the party!

I had a pretty good talk with my new boss this morning and unfortunately shed a few tears. He reassured me things are fine and he’s only trying to help. I did go apologize to him for crying; I am generally not a crier but those tears were being suppressed for other reasons this was just the outlet.

I had a supervisor class today at our community college so came home after class. Yay for going home 2 hours early.

We are going to game night tonight. I made chocolate chip cheesecake so I am definitely saving room for dessert.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday Eve!

I had a mostly lazy day. I picked off the dead flowers in our flower pots. That is going to be my weekend project I swear! I've been reading most of the day; had to dial in to do some work and enjoyed a beautiful sunset.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend.

Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all. I wanted to let you know that my dad passed away Friday morning. The last 2 weeks we have been working in the mornings and driving to the hospital in KY in the afternoons. We pretty much camped out there the last three days. He was surrounded by our family, who loved him dearly. We barely left his room that last day, and spent the day holding his hand and talking to him. I hope he could feel our presence there. Mom and dad were married for 53 years, and lived in the same house the entire time. She's lost, and we can't stop crying. My family is really close and we're sure leaning on each other right now. People have been so kind, stopping by and bringing waaayy to much food! Dad was a gentle, kind man and people have been leaving the nicest comments on Facebook. Please keep us in your thoughts as we attempt to get through the hard days ahead.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs to you, your mom and your entire family.

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deegee, I'm sorry to hear that your father passed away. I'm glad your whole family was there to support one another.

My mom is with my sister, helping her watch my niece while my sister returned to work, and she (my mom) fell and ended up in the hospital over the weekend. My dad's traveling and he's supposed to get home really late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I was able to reach him and told him what happened. I was hoping he could change his flights and go to my sister's city instead (we're on opposite coasts), but he wasn't able to. So now after flying for 15 hours, he's essentially going to get right back on a plane and head across the country to be with my mom. We're not sure how long she'll be in the hospital or when she'll be able to come home. We're flying out in two weeks, so our whole family might be out there at the same time (unplanned, of course). I have a feeling our sightseeing vacation is changing to one of care taking, but that's fine. We have my uncle's/my parents' dog and it looks like we're hanging onto him until my parents return home, whenever that is.

Hi Rod, Marcy, and Dee*Jay. I'll try to pop back in later and catch up more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results