shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry's drop

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soo.... Who got the 6mm teal tourmaline? I tried, even paid for it, but was third in line. Barry just sent me the refund. [emoji23] I hope it was a PSer so I can see more photos!

I did get the 9mm pink tourmaline, which I've been wanting for a while [emoji4]. I'll post pics later once I receive it.

Anyone get anything else? I noticed the garnet cabs also went quite quickly, too.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a refund on the teal tourmaline as well...no surprise because I forgot I even had an account and then had to request my password :wall: But I still got the cushion garnet cab...missed out on the last drop (happily to another PSer)..so happy that I can check that box :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pink tourmaline is a hard to find size, great for a ring. I'm always on the lookout for 9mm rounds, and I always seem to find 7, 8 or 10mm rounds. :confused:

I hope whomever got it, posts pics.

I wonder who got the moonstones.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I was second in line for the teal tourmaline :cry:

I did get the dark green one though!

Mochiko - the pink tourm looks beautiful!

ETA: PS there is a slightly larger BB teal tourm for sale on LT

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, that was me. :/

I'm a sucker for teal, what can I say...I have a colourless Barry spinel that is 6 mm, so I'm thinking about stackers...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB said:
Sorry, that was me. :/

I'm a sucker for teal, what can I say...I have a colourless Barry spinel that is 6 mm, so I'm thinking about stackers...
Congratulations! Also, I'm in awe of your super speedy clicking skills [emoji6]. Please post photos of the stone :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats TL!!! Cannot wait to see your pics.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I've given up on tracking these and trying to get anything. Luckily I've been pretty successful at finding what I want on the second-hand market. It just takes some patience. ;))

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I'm always wrestling my kid into bed at drop time. Next month I'm going on a trip. To a local hotel with wi-fi. LOL

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
I give up my dream of ever getting something from a drop. :lol:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
I was too late after fixed the internet connection, it was raining yesterday and the internet was down right when I tried to check out. After 10 mins all the things I like was gone.

Please post pictures when you get your eye candies. :hand:

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hi all. I got one of the moonstones and one of the aquas. I'll post pictures when I get them. :)

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1433470913|3885360 said:
Soo.... Who got the 6mm teal tourmaline? I tried, even paid for it, but was third in line. Barry just sent me the refund. [emoji23] I hope it was a PSer so I can see more photos!

There's a slightly bigger one on LT right now. :) just sayin'

:p

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't save Barry's description but I think he said this 9.7mm tourmaline was a medium pink, but slightly peachy in incandescent. I was surprised that it looks more like a fuchsia or orchid pinkish purple in person. I need to test it under office lighting though. It's a beautiful gem!

uploadfromtaptalk1434241897952.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434241916469.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434241935436.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434241955682.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone Mochiko!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

I remember the listing showing was a softer/lighter tone pink - closer to the second photo. Very jealous...I love it!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Mochiko - it's gorgeous!! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tourmaline is lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another stunning addition to your collection Mochiko. The stone is gorgeous 8-)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone congrats M! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! Hope ricezo, NKOTB, TL and lilmosun can share their purchases from Barry's drop too :appl:

Here are a couple more, showing more peach & pink:

pinktourm.jpg pinktourm2.jpg

Here is Barry's photo and description:
3.62 cts., 9.7mm round brilliant[Gec]. This tourmaline is from Mozambique and has a medium pink color under natural and flurorescent lighting. Under incandescent lighting, it has an orangish pink color. It is better than eyeclean, having several bubble-like inclusions along one side which don't affect its brilliance.
t-1409gg_1021_detail.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's so beautiful Mochiko! Do you have any plans for setting it?

My tourm can't be too far off - will post photos when it arrives.

NKOTB - I'm dying to see your tourmaline!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: that is stunning! I love the fact that it color shifts - but looks equally lovely - in different lighting situations. Love its peachy pink incarnation.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ricezo and minous. Barry's cutting is just fantastic, isn't it?

Has your green tourmaline arrived, ricezo? I guess it should come this week. :appl:
I think I'm going to save up for a nice halo setting for the pink tourmaline (either CvB or Victor, perhaps..). I think it deserves a first-class setting. :naughty:

Here is my little collection of Barry's stones (camera phone, indirect sunlight indoors). :) green Congo tourmaline, pink Mozambique tourmaline, Congo amethyst.
barry1.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing Barry collection Mochiko :love: :love: :love:
A halo by Victor would be amazing for your stone. I love the different personalities of your stone: in each photo it looks a bit different because of the light and in each case it's equally beautiful.
Any plans for your amazing tourmaline and Ammy? It's amazing how every single stone you choose has this gorgeous 'no compromise' appeal. You have a great eye for it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I keep checking my pigeon hole at work to see if it has arrived!! Hopefully this week!

Ooh a VC or CvB setting would look wonderful. There are a couple of CvB settings I'm lusting over!

ETA: a few settings save in my inspiration folder!

_31188.jpg

_31189.jpg

_31190.jpg

_31191.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1433481221|3885414 said:
Congrats TL!!! Cannot wait to see your pics.

I didn't get anything from Barry's drop, I never do, but congrats to whomever did! :naughty: :appl:

Mochiko, lovely gems! Enjoy!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42 GREAT stones you have from Barry! Beautiful colors.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
My tourmaline finally arrived! It is definitely dark but beautiful nonetheless. Barry's photo is accurate in terms of colour. My camera is picking up some yellow which I cannot see in person.

_31352.jpg

_31353.jpg

_31354.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results