shape
carat
color
clarity

Color vs size; smaller G vs larger I

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
sunflower81|1433089915|3883294 said:
As far as the G color diamond is concerned, it is very white even in low lighting conditions, but I can clearly see the color from the side. The stone is not set yet so that may be why the color from the side is so noticeable.

If you can see the color in a G from the side, I think it would be wiser to keep the G rather than the I, unless you specifically prefer the warmer color. I have a G diamonds in a pendant and can't see any color from the side, but I definitely see it in my I color engagement ring. But you'll see for yourself when you have both stones side by side!

D_

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1433485201|3885424 said:
Get out and see G, H and I diamonds in person.
Only look at diamonds graded by GIA or AGS.
Other labs may not have reliable grading.

Only then can you decide on your color/carat trade off and sweet spot.

I tried this but didn't find it very helpful for a few reasons:
- store lighting skews my perception
- we need a few samples. Colour is a spectrum, say for G, there is high G, low G or spot on G. It gives us a rough idea to set our parameters, but it still won't help us if the stone we end up choosing is somehow an outlier (minute possibility, but possible nonetheless)
- even if the store is kind enough to allow us to take the diamond outside the store or into their back office, I think I read somewhere one of the experts here mention that we need to spend some time (~a week) with the stone and see it in various lighting conditions before being able to judge it.

I think what Sunflower is doing is correct. And luckily BGD gives him the opportunity to do just that, spend some time with the 2 stones and see which one he likes better.

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
I agree with you D_. I have tried that as well, but I am going to make a separate post about it. Our focus at that time was the cut, but I did compare our G with another G and H, and the store was kind enough to let me take their diamond outside and compare it with our G diamond (my fiance was in the store so they knew I would not run away with their diamond :) ).
Sunflower81 is she :) It's just that my fiance is very very kind to let me be involved in the buying/choosing process :appl: He wants to buy something that I really like :)

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
I know what I'd pick but I won't say.
Why should I?
This diamond is not for me.

Kenny, why not? It will be helpful if you could tell which one you would pick for at least 3 reasons
1. You may have more diamonds in different colors and already figured out the sweet spot at least for you and that may apply to other people

2. You may have better understanding in color vs carat as far as value is concerned (e.g. how easy 1.28 G could be sold compare to 1.55 I). I, for one have no clue, but I am sure some people in this forum would know.

3. At least I would feel good about my choice if I knew that some people in this forum with better knowledge in diamonds would have made the same choice

So please do tell us which one you would pick! :angel:

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
jstarfireb|1433488280|3885428 said:
As far as the G color diamond is concerned, it is very white even in low lighting conditions, but I can clearly see the color from the side. The stone is not set yet so that may be why the color from the side is so noticeable.

If you can see the color in a G from the side, I think it would be wiser to keep the G rather than the I, unless you specifically prefer the warmer color. I have a G diamonds in a pendant and can't see any color from the side, but I definitely see it in my I color engagement ring. But you'll see for yourself when you have both stones side by side!

Hi jstarfireb,

Actually, I thought since I already see the color in a G from the side, what difference would it make if I see a little more color in an I from the side? But we will see how much more color, if it is too tinted than I would rather keep the G, but if it is a subtle difference than I would go with the 1.55ct I. But, now I have a concern about the cut of I diamond; it is not just the color.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
You have concern about the cut? Based on subtle photographic differences or real life viewing of the stone? It easy to 2nd guess what we see with our eyes when presented with something like that but, IMO they are both spectacularly cut stones, really. If it were me, I would now set aside the paperwork and just spend time with each stone individually in its own space. Everybody sees things differently. For example, I was comparing a J that I had 1st, and then returned for an I. (A BGD signature and a WF ACA) I didn't really see a lot of color from the side of either, in a simple solitaire setting, however, where I really saw the color was looking down through the table. To me, the J looked like it had a drop of weak iced tea on the table. It sparkled like crazy and had tons of life, but that was what my brain kept going to was that view through the table.

Stones have their own personalities. Honestly, in some ways, the J was a prettier stone, but at the end of the day, it was the stone "in whole" that I had to love. Since I couldn't afford a D color 2.5 carat super ideal cut stone, I had to decide what to compromise on and I still think I made the right choice, for me, Choosing between two stones of this quality is going to be all about stone personality, IMO :)

Separate them from each other. Hang out with each one individually and one will speak to you!

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
baroque|1433513201|3885541 said:
You have concern about the cut? Based on subtle photographic differences or real life viewing of the stone? It easy to 2nd guess what we see with our eyes when presented with something like that but, IMO they are both spectacularly cut stones, really. If it were me, I would now set aside the paperwork and just spend time with each stone individually in its own space. Everybody sees things differently. For example, I was comparing a J that I had 1st, and then returned for an I. (A BGD signature and a WF ACA) I didn't really see a lot of color from the side of either, in a simple solitaire setting, however, where I really saw the color was looking down through the table. To me, the J looked like it had a drop of weak iced tea on the table. It sparkled like crazy and had tons of life, but that was what my brain kept going to was that view through the table.

Stones have their own personalities. Honestly, in some ways, the J was a prettier stone, but at the end of the day, it was the stone "in whole" that I had to love. Since I couldn't afford a D color 2.5 carat super ideal cut stone, I had to decide what to compromise on and I still think I made the right choice, for me, Choosing between two stones of this quality is going to be all about stone personality, IMO :)

Separate them from each other. Hang out with each one individually and one will speak to you!
Hi baroque,

Thank you for your wonderful comment! Nope, have not seen the stone yet. My concern is based on photographic differences. But I have a concern for a different reason. It is a long story, but here it goes . When we got the 1.28ct G from BGD and we were still in our return period, I asked my fiance to go to stores and compare their diamonds with our diamond. So we went to this store in NYC that had a G stone,1.41ct GIA certified, triple excellent. Their G diamond was loose so he put it in the holder and let me compare them side by side. I should mention that my fiance paid 12.5K for the G 1.28ct diamond from BGD. The seller from this store said that he can get the same size, the same clarity, the same color, GIA certified triple excellent for 3K less. We even looked under special device (do not know the name) where you can see all the hearts and arrows. The first thing that I noticed was that their stone did not have the octagon, the center was big and not symmetrical, but it had beautiful hearts. I asked why that is and he said that does not mean anything. He said "so what that your stone has a perfect octagon and ours does not have"? No other explanation was provided. So I compared the stones in the store under bright lighting and saw no difference. I asked him if I can take it outside and look at them side by side he let me do that. Again I did not see any difference outside either and there was not lots of sunshine because of all the high rises. Then I took it inside, but away from the store lights. They had this section that was still vacant and those bright lights were not on, it was more like dim lighting that you would get in your house. And it was under that dim lighting that I saw the difference--the center of their G diamond was very dark (dead) whereas BGD's G was white and sparkly. I am assuming their stone had light leakage whereas BGD's G was returning most of the light. I asked my fiance to have a look and he said it is clear that their stone's cut was not excellent even though it was GIA triple excellent.

When I saw that the center of the new 1.55ct I diamond from BGD was not as symmetrical as the 1.28ct G it got me concerned based on the experience I had. Of course I understand that the 1.55ct I diamond has a excellent cut and it received triple 0 from AGS, but still...

I am gonna follow your advise and just look at the stones and see which one talks to me :) And post some photos and even videos!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
OK...I took a better look and I do see what you mean. It will be interesting what you see IRL.

BTW...I think I'm confused a bit...what are the links for the 2 - 1.6+ stones you posted for? Are those under consideration?

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
baroque|1433521174|3885603 said:
OK...I took a better look and I do see what you mean. It will be interesting what you see IRL.

BTW...I think I'm confused a bit...what are the links for the 2 - 1.6+ stones you posted for? Are those under consideration?
Nope, they are BGD's diamonds. The 1.55ct was an advance-ideal diamond so we ordered it from the factory without seeing any pics and of course the AGS grading was done after stone was finished. Before placing the order for the 1.55ct I color diamond from Brian Gavin we asked them to take pictures of a G color and I color diamonds that they had in stock at that time so that we could see the difference. Catherine was very kind and took pictures for us and posted at imgur.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Ah, OK, thank you for the clarification!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunflower81|1433511633|3885525 said:
Why should I?

Kenny, why not? It will be helpful if you could tell which one you would pick for at least 3 reasons
1. You may have more diamonds in different colors and already figured out the sweet spot at least for you and that may apply to other people

2. You may have better understanding in color vs carat as far as value is concerned (e.g. how easy 1.28 G could be sold compare to 1.55 I). I, for one have no clue, but I am sure some people in this forum would know.

3. At least I would feel good about my choice if I knew that some people in this forum with better knowledge in diamonds would have made the same choice

I'd pick the most expensive color, knowing it means I'd be getting the smallest diamond.

Reason: I prefer not seeing any color in my diamond in any lighting, and G shows less color than H or I.

I don't see how my preferences help anyone, unless someone just wants to sample the crowd and buy what's most popular.
I prefer to think for myself and not follow the crowd.

Nothing wrong with following the crowd, of course.
People vary.

Reactions: Kya

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
baroque|1433522247|3885613 said:
Ah, OK, thank you for the clarification!
I am thinking of making a separate thread for the cut. I am interested what people who know a lot about diamond-cut will to say.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Did you ask your rep at BGD? Or ask to talk to Brian himself, he will happily talk to you. That could help a little.
email Todd Gray at NiceIce (you can google for him) and ask him what he thinks of the two stone options, he will break down his evaluation of them at no charge. I bounced stones off of him a number of times! You don't have to take anybody's advice, but it's always good to receive info!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D_|1433490164|3885437 said:

I tried this but didn't find it very helpful for a few reasons:
- store lighting skews my perception
- we need a few samples. Colour is a spectrum, say for G, there is high G, low G or spot on G. It gives us a rough idea to set our parameters, but it still won't help us if the stone we end up choosing is somehow an outlier (minute possibility, but possible nonetheless)
- even if the store is kind enough to allow us to take the diamond outside the store or into their back office, I think I read somewhere one of the experts here mention that we need to spend some time (~a week) with the stone and see it in various lighting conditions before being able to judge it.

I think what Sunflower is doing is correct. And luckily BGD gives him the opportunity to do just that, spend some time with the 2 stones and see which one he likes better.

I hear you about jewelry store lighting. :angryfire:
To address that I'd ask if I could take it in another part of the store where the point-source lighting is far away, perhaps near the window to the outside.
Or, I'd ask if I could hold something over the diamonds so they do not 'see' the light sources in the ceiling.

About a high G vs. a low G ...
I doubt you and I could see the difference, though it's a fact that there IS a difference.
Still, high and low Gs is a separate topic from whether to get a G, H or I.

I have bought 2 or 3 diamonds and spent a week with them and returned all but one.
That's the best way if you have the cash or credit.
I timed it just right with my credit card billing cycle so the refund arrived during the same cycle.

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
kenny|1433522972|3885620 said:
sunflower81|1433511633|3885525 said:
Why should I?

I'd pick the most expensive color, knowing it means I'd be getting the smallest diamond.

Reason: I prefer not seeing any color in my diamond in any lighting, and G shows less color than H or I.

I don't see how my preferences help anyone, unless someone just wants to sample the crowd and buy what's most popular.
I prefer to think for myself and not follow the crowd.

Nothing wrong with following the crowd, of course.
People vary.
Thanks, Kenny!

I have my preference
1. Cut
2. Size and Color: Cannot say which one is more important, but I would prefer no bigger than 1.6ct for round cut diamonds, 1.5ct being the ideal size for me, and I color and higher
3. Clarity: but has to be eye clean

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I will say that while it is so great to have this forum for feedback and info, sorting through it can be difficult.
Everybody has their "thing". Whether it's color, clarity or size, most agree on cut, at least to a degree. It's easy to become really OCD about these things, and I AM very OCD.

In my search, in deciding that cut was no. 1, I decided on either a BGD Signature or a WF ACA to solve that part of the equation for me. Then, I really found color and clarity to be almost equal-in that there were certain clarity characteristics that I didn't feel comfortable with, so I had to compromise *a little* on color for that (from an H to an I). But size was also a BIG factor for me :) (that's why I considered a J-but returned it) I knew that once I had felt I had researched enough, and made my final decision and had my stone in ring, I would no longer be obsessing about the other parts of the equation and just living with my beautiful sparkly rock...and wanted as BIG as I could get and still be happy about all the other parts of the equation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the G-H camp, but if I had a lot of money i'll go up to an F color.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G-H is my sweet spot, but I did go with I color because I have a specialty cut stone and I color was the highest they had in the size range I wanted for months and even until now, I think. I had F-H before so it was an adjustment to go to I color, but I do love my stone. I color H&A stones are going to face up quite white in most lighting. I did just upgrade my Whiteflash ACA studs and stuck with H color. But I have a couple of friends with I color, and honestly, you can't tell the difference on the ears. I guess the upside is that if you start with I color and decide it isn't white enough, you can always upgrade to G or H.

D_

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, Sunflower! Should have read more closely - you did say fiance after all.

Ah Kenny, I see what you meant now. I thought you meant going to B&M stores to look at diamonds in person there before buying online. Purchasing them so that we can spend some time with them make sense.

Re the high G vs low G, what I meant was if the diamond we ultimately decides to buy is not among the ones we look at in person then we can't rely 100% on our judgment of those stones. For example, if we are presented a low G and a high I diamonds (again, minute possibility), then we may be more inclined to go with I, thinking that we can get a noticeably bigger rock without too much compromise on colour. Then we go home, buy the I stone somewhere else, and may not be too thrilled when we discover the I may somehow look yellower. I agree with you that purchasing 2-3 options before deciding 1 we'd go with is the best way if one can afford to do so.

Although it's important to think for myself, I find knowing people's preference helps too. It normalizes or sometimes even supports your belief. Unfortunately people have the tendency to compare and stuff. If you are immune to that then good for you. I like I stones, but IF most people in my circle and on PS (if), especially the more experienced ones like you, are in the opinion of "yuck, I is too damn yellow for me", then it will certainly affect my perception of the diamond. It's almost ironic, given how we obsess about cut here, the question/comment I heard asked the most is "how big is it? what's the carat?" (sometimes that's the only question asked), clarity & colour are almost an afterthought (as long as it is eye clean and doesn't look yellowish).

baroque

Shiny_Rock
D_|1433548840|3885788 said:
It's almost ironic, given how we obsess about cut here, the question/comment I heard asked the most is "how big is it? what's the carat?" (sometimes that's the only question asked), clarity & colour are almost an afterthought (as long as it is eye clean and doesn't look yellowish).

I'd like to mention...that this will be the vast majority of general population's question, whether in their mind, or asked directly to you (depending on the relationship of the looker) Nobody...NOBODY...who has oohed and ahhhed over my sparkler has asked me "what color? what clarity?" is your ring...they only see size and sparkle! (wow, that's big!) And the fact that it is A Cut Above practically means nothing to anyone but ME :) Well, and my husband because he likes the thought of giving me the best. I doubt any of them would notice a bit if I went down even many more grades in color! Honestly!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
sunflower81|1433512156|3885530 said:
jstarfireb|1433488280|3885428 said:

Hi jstarfireb,

Actually, I thought since I already see the color in a G from the side, what difference would it make if I see a little more color in an I from the side? But we will see how much more color, if it is too tinted than I would rather keep the G, but if it is a subtle difference than I would go with the 1.55ct I. But, now I have a concern about the cut of I diamond; it is not just the color.

That's exactly what I was getting at - it's about the degree of color. If you can already see a hint of color in a G, I think you'll see quite a bit of color in the I and might even see it face-up. You won't know until you see both of course!

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
Got the diamond and spent some time with it. And guess what both of them "speak" to me. The size of the I color diamond speaks to me and the color and proportions of G diamond "speak" to me :) My fiance took some nice pics. The I color diamond faces up pretty white, but I can see the difference in color compare to G. I will try to post some pics. Thanks everyone for your comments and input!

bg01.jpg

bg02.jpg

bg03.jpg

bg04.jpg

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
An additional picture: the 1.55ct "I" VS1 vs the 1.28ct "G" VS1
The first two pics were taken yesterday evening and the last three today in the morning. They are all indoor photos. You can see more color difference in the evening photos. The G color diamond is prettier, but the size of the I color diamond is impressive. So we are leaning towards the I color diamond, but have not made the final decision yet.
I can clearly see that the octagon in the I diamond is not symmetric under the loupe, so it is not just an imaging issue. I emailed Todd and asked about the center asymmetry in the I diamond, and he said it has to do with imaging. So I am a little confused. I will email him back and ask about it. We have not talked to Brian Gavin yet.

bg05.jpg

D_

Shiny_Rock
sunflower81|1433608919|3885979 said:
Got the diamond and spent some time with it. And guess what both of them "speak" to me. The size of the I color diamond speaks to me and the color and proportions of G diamond "speak" to me :)

I always liken the process of finding the ideal diamond with finding the right partner.
It's like saying "Guess what? Adam is so caring, he really understands me, I think we make a real connection but holy... did you see Brad's abs? It's like his body is sculpted! I know look is not really important to me, it's not like Adam is not hot or something, he's pretty cute too, but... C'mon, am I the only one find this hard to resist?"

In an "ideal" world, we'll pick both and they'll have no problem with that arrangement too.
Unfortunately we don't live in the era of the old Roman Empire.

And no, you are not the only one finding Brad hard to resist.
Size matters.
Big is beautiful, as long as it doesn't come with significant deficiency (major inclusions or yellowish colour).
Disclaimer: what's considered "significant" varies for each person.
And isn't that what we're looking for in a diamond? Beauty?

I went to a store and was shown a few diamonds of different sizes and colour.
I gravitated almost immediately to the biggest one (and it wasn't even a huge size difference), even if it wasn't of the "highest" colour.
What's more, I looked at their specs and was quite surprised that the biggest one, although fell under GIA 3X parameters, its cut proportion was on the borderline of 3X. The smaller stones had more "ideal" proportions.
I brought the stones outside, hoping it was just the store lighting pulling tricks on me.
Nope - still find that one to be the most attractive.

You can spend more time with them and talk to them individually rather than having them side by side trying to compete for your attention. 2 Questions:
- You notice a colour difference between the 2 - does it bother you? If you spend time with I alone, does it matter that he graduated from WSU instead of Harvard?
- The slight asymmetry - does it affect the light performance? If it doesn't, does it bother you his right eye is completely blue in colour and his left eye has slight greyish dots?

Like you said, I think you already know which one you'll choose.
The good thing about diamond is there is less awkwardness if things don't work out.
Adam or Brad, depends on who you go with in the end, will understand that you and he are not meant for each other, wish the other one good luck, and you happiness.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... both of them "speak" to me.

Since they both speak to you ... you must decide if you prefer what one says to what the other says.
Bigger or less color.

Only you can decide that.

BTW pics are often not too useful for judging diamond body color.
Go with what your eyes see.
Even if I 'see' something in pics I've learned to not trust what I see.
Too many variables.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
OK...IF and I emphasize IF the symmetry is truly off on the "I" stone, and it's NOT an imaging issue, how does it pass the high standard for a "Brian Gavin Signature" diamond?

I agree the size difference is definitely discernable and I would prefer the larger diamond myself...I am, after all, a size girl.

You are choosing cut first...that's one big reason for a BGD, right? If the cut image that is off is not just an "image problem" what is it? You said you can see, IRL, the symmetry is off? Are you certain? I would think this would be a valid question to BGD as to the standard of the cut, which I would hold as a very high standard. Please talk to him about the stone! If it's not up to the standard of the Signature cut, which, IMHO, if it actually IS less (in cut standard) than the "G" stone, then even if you do decide the size factor is worth it, and it does pass your muster, then a compensation for it not meeting the standard should be considered...does this make sense? I'm not sure what pricing you are looking at with either of the stones, but if I was paying top dollar for Signature "perfect" cut as my first priority, I would not expect to see "slight asymmetry" of any kind AT ALL! The cut difference should not be a factor if both stones are being presented as Signature diamonds.

I think WF has a "expert selection" that meets "almost an ACA" standard and has a tad lower price point, does BG have this?
Just my $.02.

I'm not saying not to choose the "I", as I think "almost perfect" is pretty dang good, and from personal experience, know the visual difference between the two sizes, but just would want to understand what I'm paying for in the way of cut and since they are both labeled as "Signature" would want come clarification.

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
kenny|1433633019|3886079 said:
... both of them "speak" to me.

Since they both speak to you ... you must decide if you prefer what one says to what the other says.
Bigger or less color.

Only you can decide that.

BTW pics are often not too useful for judging diamond body color.
Go with what your eyes see.
Even if I 'see' something in pics I've learned to not trust what I see.
Too many variables.

Well, I am perfectly happy with the color of the I diamond, but I have a concern about the cut. We looked at them under different lights and the G color stone is just more brilliant and sparkly. The I diamond is a beautiful stone if you look at it alone, but once you put the G diamond next to it then you see how superior the fire and scintillation of the G diamond is. The G diamond has more life to it than the I. The G diamond to me is very fluid when I look at it I see one stone and a dancing stone at that, but when I look at the I diamond I see that it is a round stone that consists of separate facets. I see more contrast in the I color diamond, especially in the center and at the edge. The contrast that I see at the edge somehow makes me feel that the diamond's roundness is interrupted. The only good thing about the I diamond is it is size well and the price. The 1.28ct G is 12.5K whereas the 1.55ct I is 11.8K. A similar I stone is listed over 15K in Brian Gavin's website right now. Maybe because we bought the I diamond from the factory it was cheaper? I cannot say for sure.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your heart is telling you to go with the G stone.. ;)) btw; ...I would love to buy a stone with these proportions, small table with a high crown.. :love:

sunflower81

Rough_Rock
baroque|1433647500|3886126 said:
OK...IF and I emphasize IF the symmetry is truly off on the "I" stone, and it's NOT an imaging issue, how does it pass the high standard for a "Brian Gavin Signature" diamond?

I agree the size difference is definitely discernable and I would prefer the larger diamond myself...I am, after all, a size girl.

You are choosing cut first...that's one big reason for a BGD, right? If the cut image that is off is not just an "image problem" what is it? You said you can see, IRL, the symmetry is off? Are you certain? I would think this would be a valid question to BGD as to the standard of the cut, which I would hold as a very high standard. Please talk to him about the stone! If it's not up to the standard of the Signature cut, which, IMHO, if it actually IS less (in cut standard) than the "G" stone, then even if you do decide the size factor is worth it, and it does pass your muster, then a compensation for it not meeting the standard should be considered...does this make sense? I'm not sure what pricing you are looking at with either of the stones, but if I was paying top dollar for Signature "perfect" cut as my first priority, I would not expect to see "slight asymmetry" of any kind AT ALL! The cut difference should not be a factor if both stones are being presented as Signature diamonds.

I think WF has a "expert selection" that meets "almost an ACA" standard and has a tad lower price point, does BG have this?
Just my $.02.

I'm not saying not to choose the "I", as I think "almost perfect" is pretty dang good, and from personal experience, know the visual difference between the two sizes, but just would want to understand what I'm paying for in the way of cut and since they are both labeled as "Signature" would want come clarification.

I just posted more info about the stone, but regarding the center symmetry of the I diamond, I can clearly see that the octagon is not symmetric when I carefully look at the I stone with the loupe whereas G is very symmetric. My finace saw the same. It is a BGD signature stone, but I guess just like there is "low", "spot on", "high" G (color) there is also "low", "spot on", "high" cut in BGD signature stones? The cut is still great in the I color diamond because it got triple 0 from AGS, but I guess the cut in the G is better because when you put next to each other than you see how the G diamond dances. I do not know if the diamond size is a factor when it comes to brilliance and fire. Do smaller diamonds appear more brilliant and sparkly than the larger once?

We have not talked to Brian Gavin yet, but my fiance is going to make a phone call on Monday. We bought the I diamond from the factory and they guarantied that it is going to be 1.55ct, I color, Vs1, triple AGS 0 and they delivered what they promised. I do not think they will do anything about it.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I don't think there are supposed to be variables in the "Signature" cut at all.
And just because it was an advance selection shouldn't make any difference in the precision of the cut.

I'm glad you are going to call them to talk about it. I don't know how else to say that there should be no compromise in the cut with a "Signature" Brian Gavin stone. I think Advance Selection is what you are talking about but I do believe, from my lengthy visit with Brian Gavin, these Signature cut stones are to meet the same strict standards and should be expected to be spot on.

I would go on the site and do a chat and let them know that you would like a call to talk about the stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results