shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do you wear diamonds you can't see?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm less likely to lose a ring than I am an earring or bracelet. I've lost those a few times while wearing them, but only ever lost one ring, and it wasn't while it was on my finger. I do own a pair of champagne diamond studs, which I have simply because I had the extra stones and bought the settings preloved, so why not, especially since they coordinate with my "ginger" ring and it wasn't a large investment. My other earrings are all non-diamond studs.

I wear all of my jewelry for me, so I want to see it ... and on my fingers is the easiest way for me to enjoy it. :think: I suppose I could put a mirror on my desk. Nahhh... :lol: I'm also just a little too frugal to splurge on something I don't see/enjoy with relative frequency, but I certainly don't begrudge others who choose to.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
makemepretty|1433250768|3884130 said:
It's also the reason I shave my legs every single day. My husband wouldn't care, no one else sees my legs but I feel better when I look better(in my own perspective).

Last night they felt so silky and soft. :love:
I meant to tell you but the taxi kept honking his horn. :naughty:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1433225832|3884022 said:
Because I can only wear so many rings. :tongue:

Ha!! Bingo, me too :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1433209431|3883932 said:
I hear you - that's why all my diamonds are in rings!
Samesies!

I tried going for a pendant, but this, among other reasons, was why I returned it and didn't get another one.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1433225832|3884022 said:
Because I can only wear so many rings. :tongue:

This!!!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have pierced ears so I don't wear earrings.
I do have a few pendants (marquise diamond, 3-stone diamond, trillion tanzanite, 2 jadeite, boulder opal, fantasy shell and kite amethysts, and a bunch of synthetics and Czs) but don't wear those anymore after I had the spray pendant made with the leftover FIY diamonds.

Pendants finish off an outfit, especially dresses or tops with a V or princess neckline.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear necklaces long enough that I can see and play with them. Yay! As for earrings, I haven't spent a ton on them (not enough that my ring diamond would be THAT much bigger if a had thrown it into that) and I get to look at them in the mirror, lol. I also think it makes for a nice balanced look on a woman (or a man).

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ha - timely thread! I'm just about to have a necklace taken apart so I can plop the diamond into a ring, and it isn't the first time I've done this. I want to see it.

That said, I really do love diamond earrings. I have too many pairs. I like them because the world is full of shiny and reflective objects and when I catch a glimpse of myself, I like to see the diamond earrings. (I may also clean them before bed, and leave them all ready for the next day in an open box on my bedside table, so I can gaze on them as I fall asleep...). I usually wear studs, but I was gifted a pair of diamond hoops a few years ago, and I love them more than I can describe. I always feel better when I wear these, even if I can't see them all the time. They are what I reach for when I want to feel good.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually feel the same way..but since money is always an issue for me...I like to invest my money in rings..I love rings..but I do like other sparklies that I cant see..so I cheat and wear the CZ's that are set in gold..I like earrings but it seems I have developed an allergy to them...I cant wear them anymore and I am in the process of selling and giving away my earrings :blackeye:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Selfies.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I have seen any blokes wearing diamonds in day-to-day life around here, certainly not that I've noticed. Perhaps a ten-pointer set into an older gent's fat gold band but that's it, bar the guy who I worked with when I got my good lady's ring made, who had an uncut rough set east-west into a tension setting, which was pretty cool :)) If I ever do get the spare cash together for an Octavia wedding band, a la Dancing Fire :sun: then it will basically be 100% for me - no-one expects men round here to own shiny rocks and it would probably even mean some people feel the need to question my sexuality (you know, 'cos "diamonds are for girls" :rolleyes: ) despite such matters mattering not and certainly not being anyone's business but my own, so I would buy a diamond in acceptance that I may experience negativity from others rather than get positive reactions. I just love the technical and science aspects, and if man's skills and knowledge can create a thing of beauty that can distract me from my work :mrgreen: then I'd love to have something that looked amazing and I could appreciate every day, and screw what others think! :D

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1433290808|3884376 said:
makemepretty|1433250768|3884130 said:
It's also the reason I shave my legs every single day. My husband wouldn't care, no one else sees my legs but I feel better when I look better(in my own perspective).

Last night they felt so silky and soft. :love:
I meant to tell you but the taxi kept honking his horn. :naughty:

That made me chuckle on this early Saturday morning.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of matching sets. Matching earrings, pendant, bracelet and rings yet I only see my rings. I wear long sleeves so the bracelets don't even show. I like to see them in the mirror but usually my pendant is under my top and you never see the earrings. Lately I've just been wearing earrings and rings. I also like to watch stars at night. I guess I'm easily entertained by sparkly things.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I wear studs everyday because Im lazy and want to look somewhat polished without effort. Classic diamond jewelry like studs and pendant is effortless and goes with all the things;-) I like rings better because I like to look at diamonds, but the earrings are so I look pulled together. So I guess diamond earrings are for other people. Because I have just a few key pieces, the earrings never come out of my head except for cleaning. I don't have a pendant. Yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results