shape
carat
color
clarity

Please tell me more about this antique alexandrite ring

nashbowen

Rough_Rock
Hey, I have a ring that I cant seem to find anything about online. I was wondering if it was real, along with whether or not it would be worth insuring. It is a 10k gold ring with a large rectangle cut alexandrite stone. On either side of the stone are what appears to be white gold triangles with diamond on them. The inside of the ring says 'Hermajesty' inside it next to the 10k mark. I know this ring is old because it has been passed down through at least three generations. The alexandrite is in good condition and changes colors vastly. It weighs I truly believe it is real. I am posting pictures... Thanks

img_7775.jpg

img_7777.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rene_jewelry

Rough_Rock
Trade
Natural alexandrite this size are very expensive.
Alexadrite color in regular light is green and will change in candle light to red, purple.
Yours is purple in regular light, I'm not a big expert in Alexandrite but trading with a few, it just
doesn't look like natural Alex.

Rene

nashbowen

Rough_Rock
It is green in the natural light... Alexandrite shows as purple in photos. It's green right now. 1 has anyone heard of 'hermajesty' rings from at least 80 years ago? 2. How much would this ring be worth if real?

rene_jewelry

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can you check the exact measurements in mm L.W.H
Than it is possible to check in the SG is about the SG of Chrysoberyl

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others, this is a stimulant not a natural Alex. If it were genuine there's no way they would set it in a setting like this or in 10 karat gold. You could take it to a gemstone appraiser, but find one that has testing equipment. This is not worth insuring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results