shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparklieslover, that setting would be so nice with your sugarloaf chrysoprase. Please post handshots of the loose stone once you receive it! I've not seen too many chrysoprase on this forum and would be glad to see more :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

SparkliesLuver|1433246665|3884090 said:
Pulled the trigger on this Marlborough chrysoprase from Ryan yesterday. :) I've been looking for juuuuuust the right one for awhile. I can't wait to see it in person! 7.64 ct., 12.49 mm.

Beautiful color. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Lisa. :) I'm glad you think so too as you have a great eye for color!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing chryso!!! I love the amazing colour. I have been eyeing one from Doug.
Yours would look great in the Lang setting.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, Acinom. I'm glad you think it'd look good in a similar setting. :) Yes, I was also in touch with Doug about one awhile back but something was keeping me from completing the purchase. Guess this is why! haha I can't wait to hear which one you get ... :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whahaha :lol: You are such an enabler. Unfortunately I am on a stone buying ban, although must say the pricing is great for a relatively large piece of beauty. I will have to live vacariously through you. Looking forward to see how you will set it in the end.

S

SparkliesLuver

:) I'm sure I'll enlist your help when I have the funds to set it.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1433182813|3883789 said:
LisaRN|1433167549|3883658 said:
Thanks ricezo!!! Acinom- As soon as I get the one back from Jerry, and receive the new one I will do a photo shoot. :) I am really (curious, excited, apprehensive) looking forward to how the re-cut spinel turns out. It was a really poor decision on my part to buy it and I have included a picture of what the stone looked like before I sent it to Jerry. Poor garnety spinel........ Made worse by a pic of my nails and hands after gardening. Jerry is performing a Barion cut on her. Fingers crossed.
002_9.jpg

How exciting to do a recut. Looking forward to see the outcome.

Jerry just sent me pics of the recut. The stone is now 2.41 carats. He does amazing work and I am happy he salvaged this stone. Lesson learned for me on buying a stone to be re-cut, but the stone is close in color to my lost spinel which is what I was going for. This one is just smaller, expertly cut, and is a bit more reddish than the other. He does say it sparkles nicely- so I am excited about that. :)

jerry_spinel3.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay! What a great outcome LisaRN!!!
Based on this pic I think you will love it when you see it

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

That recut came out great!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a significant change; if I didn't know better, I would think it was two different stones.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

It looks beautiful LisaRN! Has the colour changed much in real life?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Lisa your stone is so gorgeous after its recut. :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks guys- I will post pics when it arrives. The stone lost almost 50% of it's weight, and it will still be darker than ideal. Surprisingly, this color, even darker than ideal (my lost spinel color) has been hard to find. When searching for medium dark/reddish purple spinels from reputable sources, I have found them to be too grey, all purple- no red, or priced at 1K a carat. When I do get the stone I am going to walk with it from room to room and proclaim I have found my replacement for the lost spinel. Hopefully- this will make the lost one jump out from wherever it is hiding.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thought I'd share my latest acquisitions. 4.1 ct tsavorite and little red spinel suite, both from Prima. Tsav will likely go in a pendant, spinels in either a 5-stone band, or a confetti type pendant with diamonds (as per athenaworth's suggestion). Neither will be set too soon, I have several projects currently on the go.

Also set my imperial Malaya garnet from Mastercutgems in a rose gold bangle from Jewels by Grace.

_30808.jpg

_30809.jpg

_30810.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now those spinels look RED! Are they Burma?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Gulp!!!
Wow NKOTB. What a score. Did you pick up the tsavorite and spinelS in Las Vegas. The color saturation on both is just breathtaking.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

LisaRN. Thanks for posting the before and after of your spinel recut It will be great to compare before and after once you show us a hand shot.

Did you ask Jerry to cut an octagon or is that what her thought would best showcase the gem?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful gems NKOTB!
I love that bracelet :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks! Yes, Minou, they're Burmese. And yes, Sungura, in vegas. :)

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock

LisaRN|1433334185|3884543 said:
Thanks guys- I will post pics when it arrives. The stone lost almost 50% of it's weight, and it will still be darker than ideal. Surprisingly, this color, even darker than ideal (my lost spinel color) has been hard to find. When searching for medium dark/reddish purple spinels from reputable sources, I have found them to be too grey, all purple- no red, or priced at 1K a carat. When I do get the stone I am going to walk with it from room to room and proclaim I have found my replacement for the lost spinel. Hopefully- this will make the lost one jump out from wherever it is hiding.

Thank you for posting this awesome stone - I love the combo step cut and barion pavillion - imagine a fine emerald !!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LisaRN|1433334185|3884543 said:

Excellent strategy, but you must say it convincingly.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

NKOTB|1433348941|3884635 said:
Thought I'd share my latest acquisitions. 4.1 ct tsavorite and little red spinel suite, both from Prima. Tsav will likely go in a pendant, spinels in either a 5-stone band, or a confetti type pendant with diamonds (as per athenaworth's suggestion). Neither will be set too soon, I have several projects currently on the go.

Also set my imperial Malaya garnet from Mastercutgems in a rose gold bangle from Jewels by Grace.

Beautiful acquisitions! I can't wait to see your mahenge bracelet! :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1433348941|3884635 said:

Outstanding! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phooey, LisaRN! I immediately opened the thread when I saw you were the last poster thinking that you had the recut spinel back and had taken tons of pics for us. Sigh. Well just know that some of us are waiting not so patiently...

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1433246665|3884090 said:
Pulled the trigger on this Marlborough chrysoprase from Ryan yesterday. :) I've been looking for juuuuuust the right one for awhile. I can't wait to see it in person! 7.64 ct., 12.49 mm.

Love this! You ladies are giving me a craving for a sugarloaf! :naughty:

NKOTB said:

Very nice, NKOTB. I can't wait to see what you do with the spinels. And I love your bangle! So delicate. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, DecoDaze. :D Also, I want to thank mochiko for commenting earlier, and I'm so sorry I missed it. :wall: It's great you think that Lang setting would look good with the cab! Hopefully it arrives Monday. I'll definitely post some of my own pictures.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1433248901|3884112 said:
Thank you, ricezo! :D I must admit that I'm still in love with the Lang Antiques ring I suggested for Acinom (below). But I won't be able to set it this year, so I have a lot of time to explore ideas. :)

link to this ring? Where can I get it!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results