shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I beat this diamond!?

soldat88

Rough_Rock
Pfunk has suggested https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R205-AXKTGX as the best value stone to meet my criteria as described below. Should I pull the trigger? or do any of you have better suggestions? Bring them on! :dance:

Budget: 17-25k
Shape: Round
Carats: 2+
Cut: Excellent (3X)
Clarity: Eye Clean, SI1+ (would prefer no inclusions on the table)
Color: G+

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
The numbers look good, IS & ASET look good.

My only main concern is confirming if it's eye clean.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
The VS2 looks great, the VVS2 might be over kill on clarity. But if you can confirm that SI1 stone is eye clean i'd go for it.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the specs on the diamond?

Depth, table, CA, PA?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you stuck on Adiamor for some reason? If you are spending that kind of money I'd want the top of the line cut quality so it sparkles more, looks bigger and whiter than stones that are less well cut. I looked around, and I think you either need to up your budget, or compromise on color or carat weight. There are a lot of stones in that magic "under 2 ct" mark that would work. But I think you are asking a lot, and paying a lot for, a number (2ct)

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
soldat88|1432824135|3882230 said:
looks like the enchanted diamond one was sold..so back to square one.

is this the best stone out there for me then? http://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/F-VS2-Affinity-Cut-Round-Diamond/D23571594

please share your suggestions!

Bummer. I woulda jumped on that for the $25 or so that it would have cost you for a bank wire to get a look at it in person. Oh well. Did a quick search and the superideals are gonna be darn near impossible for you to get into with those requirements I think. And you won't find many in the 1.9-2.0 range either. I'll have to look later as I am pressed for time right now. Good luck in the search.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

is this the best stone out there for me then? http://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/F-VS2-Affinity-Cut-Round-Diamond/D23571594

You will deal with this a lot when you work with a Virtual Inventory. This is why many experienced folks here would encourage you to work with a vendor that has inventory in-house.

If you want to find a stone you like and actually be certain you can purchase it, shop with a vendor that has stones in-house: High Performance Diamonds, Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, and Brian Gavin Diamonds are four good options to start with.

If you end up going down the Virtual Inventory road again, there is no guarantee you won't end up in exactly the same spot.

Best of luck!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1432849752|3882440 said:

You will deal with this a lot when you work with a Virtual Inventory. This is why many experienced folks here would encourage you to work with a vendor that has inventory in-house.

If you want to find a stone you like and actually be certain you can purchase it, shop with a vendor that has stones in-house: High Performance Diamonds, Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, and Brian Gavin Diamonds are four good options to start with.

If you end up going down the Virtual Inventory road again, there is no guarantee you won't end up in exactly the same spot.

Best of luck!

I think James Allen, Enchanted diamonds, blue nile, and a host of others would disagree with the statement that you deal with this "a lot" when working with vendors who deal in virtual inventory. I'm not surprised the diamond is no longer available as it obviously has a great cut and was first recommended over 2 weeks ago. By all means, shop with a vendor who has stones in house if that makes you feel more confident in the buying process, but know that you will pay more for it. If the extra money is worth it to avoid the chance you might inquire about a diamond that may be unavalable, by all means go that route. But to rule out vendors who deal in virtual inventory (likely most if not all vendors that can actually fulfill your requirements) would be, in my opinion, a mistake.

I looked and couldnt find any superideals that met your criteria. There are if you drop down to H color or go smaller in size. This is the next best I could find with some images to support a well cut stone with good light performance. It isn't cut as well as it could be because it is a little deep and hides some weight in the girdle, but the ASET looks good. No idea on whether it is an eye clean SI1 or not, so you'd have to check on that.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R220-MWPKZ8

I can't find anything else with ASET or idealscope that verifies light performance. That's not to say that the ones you listed aren't good performers, as they definitely could be. But if I was spending this much I'd like to see an ASET or idealscope if possible. Did you check if Adiamor can provide those images?

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
pfunk|1432876641|3882580 said:

Best of luck!

I think James Allen, Enchanted diamonds, blue nile, and a host of others would disagree with the statement that you deal with this "a lot" when working with vendors who deal in virtual inventory.

Obviously.

But it has been my personal experience, and the experience of many others who have shopped via VI. This is not some isolated anomaly.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1432917842|3882690 said:

Best of luck!

I think James Allen, Enchanted diamonds, blue nile, and a host of others would disagree with the statement that you deal with this "a lot" when working with vendors who deal in virtual inventory.

Obviously.

But it has been my personal experience, and the experience of many others who have shopped via VI. This is not some isolated anomaly.

What isn't an anomaly? That a well cut, well priced stone is purchased within 2 weeks after it is first recommended and is no longer available when you eventually look to purchase the diamond? Or that a vendor has it listed as available when it no longer is (not even sure if this is even the case)?

In any case, I don't see it as a reason to steer people away from vendors dealing in virtual inventory. It would be like steering folks away from the vendors you listed because they have to charge more for their stones as a result of keeping inventory on hand. There are pros and cons to each, and when this particular consumer's requirements seem unable to be met when shopping at the very vendors that you recommended, I don't see the usefulness in avoiding virtual inventories because someone else might snag a stone before you're able to get it purchased.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
pfunk|1432920726|3882718 said:

Best of luck!

Obviously.

What isn't an anomaly? That a well cut, well priced stone is purchased within 2 weeks after it is first recommended and is no longer available when you eventually look to purchase the diamond? Or that a vendor has it listed as available when it no longer is (not even sure if this is even the case)?

In any case, I don't see it as a reason to steer people away from vendors dealing in virtual inventory. It would be like steering folks away from the vendors you listed because they have to charge more for their stones as a result of keeping inventory on hand. There are pros and cons to each, and when this particular consumer's requirements seem unable to be met when shopping at the very vendors that you recommended, I don't see the usefulness in avoiding virtual inventories because someone else might snag a stone before you're able to get it purchased.

What is not an anomaly is a VI vendor not having a stated stone in stock when actually going to purchase. This is an on-going issue, and why an alternate business model exists (and flourishes). Many VI vendors will admit this fact - just part of the model. Denying that this happens regularly is disingenuous.

For some people, it is worth the money to get exactly what you want, and to know you can get it. Some people want the cheapest thing possible that suits their perceived needs. Both models exist, and I will continue to suggest the one I feel to be clearly superior.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1432921087|3882720 said:
pfunk|1432920726|3882718 said:

Best of luck!

Obviously.

What is not an anomaly is a VI vendor not having a stated stone in stock when actually going to purchase. This is an on-going issue, and why an alternate business model exists (and flourishes). Many VI vendors will admit this fact - just part of the model. Denying that this happens regularly is disingenuous.

For some people, it is worth the money to get exactly what you want, and to know you can get it. Some people want the cheapest thing possible that suits their perceived needs. Both models exist, and I will continue to suggest the one I feel to be clearly superior.

Absolutely that happens from time to time, but it isn't the norm. Like you said the vendors realize the problem and I think do their best to avoid it. It isn't a perfect system but it allows a lot of people to get more for their money. No issues with suggesting the vendors with a model that you find superior, but those vendors don't have any stones that meet the OP's requirements. Constantly pushing one model and recommending that consumers change their preferences (drop in color, drop in clarity, drop in carat) happens very often here and is in my opinion not in the best interest of the consumer.

soldat88

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1432843298|3882375 said:

Depth, table, CA, PA?

Table: 55%
Girdle: thin-medium faceted 3%
Crown Angle: 32.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion depth: 43%
Crown Height: 14%
Total Depth: 60.3%
Facet lenth: 75%
Cutlet: None

soldat88

Rough_Rock
ecf8503|1432846931|3882410 said:
Are you stuck on Adiamor for some reason? If you are spending that kind of money I'd want the top of the line cut quality so it sparkles more, looks bigger and whiter than stones that are less well cut. I looked around, and I think you either need to up your budget, or compromise on color or carat weight. There are a lot of stones in that magic "under 2 ct" mark that would work. But I think you are asking a lot, and paying a lot for, a number (2ct)

Don't have any connection to Adiamor..Happy to get anywhere, but i do want a excellent cut 2+ carat stone

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem I have with ED is that I can't view their images w/o creating an account.. :wall:

soldat88

Rough_Rock

Best of luck!

I think James Allen, Enchanted diamonds, blue nile, and a host of others would disagree with the statement that you deal with this "a lot" when working with vendors who deal in virtual inventory. I'm not surprised the diamond is no longer available as it obviously has a great cut and was first recommended over 2 weeks ago. By all means, shop with a vendor who has stones in house if that makes you feel more confident in the buying process, but know that you will pay more for it. If the extra money is worth it to avoid the chance you might inquire about a diamond that may be unavalable, by all means go that route. But to rule out vendors who deal in virtual inventory (likely most if not all vendors that can actually fulfill your requirements) would be, in my opinion, a mistake.

I looked and couldnt find any superideals that met your criteria. There are if you drop down to H color or go smaller in size. This is the next best I could find with some images to support a well cut stone with good light performance. It isn't cut as well as it could be because it is a little deep and hides some weight in the girdle, but the ASET looks good. No idea on whether it is an eye clean SI1 or not, so you'd have to check on that.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R220-MWPKZ8

I can't find anything else with ASET or idealscope that verifies light performance. That's not to say that the ones you listed aren't good performers, as they definitely could be. But if I was spending this much I'd like to see an ASET or idealscope if possible. Did you check if Adiamor can provide those images?

thanks for all the help pfunk. I am definitely willing to deal with the possibility of a stone being sold to save a couple grand$$$. Do regret not jumping on that stone earlier, but you live, you learn. I have no inclination towards any site over another just saw this stone and thought it may be a good one- I have requested the images and should be recieving them in a couple days

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soldat88|1432925176|3882735 said:
JDDN|1432843298|3882375 said:

Depth, table, CA, PA?

Table: 55%
Girdle: thin-medium faceted 3%
Crown Angle: 32.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion depth: 43%
Crown Height: 14%
Total Depth: 60.3%
Facet lenth: 75%
Cutlet: None
Low crown height is not a good sign.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a little worried about the shallow crown angle and low crown height. But let's wait to see the images!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that the crown on that one is on the shallow side, but the images will shed more light on the performance. In the meantime, here is another one for consideration. Looks pretty clean in the video for an SI1 and is another twinning wisp stone that has a good chance to be eye clean. I'd see if an ASET or IS image is possible, though from my experience in working with Enchanted I don't believe the supplier of this diamond will provide them. Worth asking the vendor though.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R202-NLN6JE

And here is one more that would be right at the top of your budget if you paid by bank wire, but it's inclusions are right under the table which I know may bother you. Figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/2.02-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-sku-299955

Finally, one that comes in more towards the bottom end of the budget. It looks to have a nice cut but the clarity plot is pretty busy and it looks like it has some dark inclusions in it. Luckily they are towards the girdle and might be somewhat obscured in the facets. I would ask James Allen if this can be brought in for an inspection for you. The magnified video can make it look worse than it is, but I have a feeling this one will not be of satisfactory clarity for you. I don't think I would personally want one with inclusions like this, but it does look to be cut real well.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-450095

soldat88

Rough_Rock
Images are below!
6200172_hearts.jpg
6200172_arrows.jpg
6200172_aset.jpg
6200172_idealscope.jpg 6200172_actual.jpg

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks good! Should be a bright stone. Won't be as firey as stones with a higher crown, as others have stated, but it will look big and bright.

soldat88

Rough_Rock
Thanks pfunk. Good buy for the 23k? Should I go ahead and make the epic purchase, or is there something better out there?

soldat88

Rough_Rock
any final thoughts or suggestions before i pull the trigger on the biggest purchase of my life so far :errrr: ? Thanks!!!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haven't had time to check on all your alternative options, but if they don't have images it will be hard to make too many conclusions. The one you are close to purchasing has great looking images and should be a very bright stone. It might not be built to be very firey, so if you would prefer bold colored flashes it may not be the best for you; but the lighting conditions have to be right to really bring fire out in any stone so don't feel like you'll really be missing out on a ton. Worst case scenario if you don't love it is to return it, but I think it will be a pretty diamond.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pfunk|1433181453|3883770 said:
Haven't had time to check on all your alternative options, but if they don't have images it will be hard to make too many conclusions. The one you are close to purchasing has great looking images and should be a very bright stone. It might not be built to be very firey, so if you would prefer bold colored flashes it may not be the best for you; but the lighting conditions have to be right to really bring fire out in any stone so don't feel like you'll really be missing out on a ton. Worst case scenario if you don't love it is to return it, but I think it will be a pretty diamond.

Small table = larger crown facets + more angular differential between adjacent crown facets = better odds of catching single wavelengths of what dispersion is emitted over a variety of tilt angles.

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1433197026|3883856 said:
pfunk|1433181453|3883770 said:

Small table = larger crown facets + more angular differential between adjacent crown facets = better odds of catching single wavelengths of what dispersion is emitted over a variety of tilt angles.

Thanks Yssie. For some reason I was thinking this diamond had a larger table and a shallow crown, but I see it has a 55% table now. Thanks for catching that. Did you make the purchase Soldat? Should be a very pretty stone.

soldat88

Rough_Rock
Not yet! think that was the small push I needed!!

Should I get it from B2C for
Price: $23,412.00
Bank Wire Price: $22,709.64
OR
Adiamor
PRICE: $23,594
BANK WIRE PRICE: $23,240

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results