shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks Brian Gavin!

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
I was working on an upgrade with WF but really wasn't satisfied with any of their stones. The hearts just didn't seem completely symmetrical which was a bit worrisome for me.

I went to Brian Gavin and while he didn't have any stones in my budget in stock AT THAT TIME, he worked on selecting one from the factory when in Antwerp.

The stone Brian selected was a J VS2.

It just came back from factory as a J VS1! And the price remained the same!

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/2.238-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-104079100013

The hardest part of this whole process was waiting for the buyback check from WF.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That looks like a really nice diamond. Please share pictures when you receive it. I recently upgraded with BGD myself and had a great experience. Glad they could get you what you were looking for.

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
Nice to know I am not the only one with a good experience!

Like I said, the hardest part is waiting for the WF check but I was able to pay BG in full prior to receiving that.

Luckily I didn't let the buyback expire.

I will post pictures, the stone just arrived today.

:dance:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! :love: Have you chosen a setting?

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
Originally I had the whiteflash Legato sleek line. I had the setting sent over and BG didn't think he could modify it and keep the integrity in tack.

I swapped it out for the fishtail 6 prong pave.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/six-prong-fishtail-pave-18k-white-gold-5509w18

Should be a Good combo. Im not too concerned about the J from the top, but the side view may be a concern. I think the 6 prong can cover some of that vs a 4 prong.

My fiance doesnt know about this so the surprise will be next weekend!!

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
Ill actually be in Austin, TX next wekend.
My friend lives in Wimberley and unforuntately lost her home. She breeds dogs so I am taking some back till she gets on her feet.

Any romantic spot where I can give the ring near there?

Cant find much online!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, that one heart looks a little off.

Just kiddin! It's beautiful! Enjoy!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful setting! I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished ring. People have different sensitivities to color in diamonds, but I personally went from an F colored center stone to a larger I in a six prong setting and I have no regrets. Hopefully you and your fiancé will be happy with the J.

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sundial, that is very good to know.

I too was concerned with color, but here are some images they snapped today.

Honestly, I can just relax now after viewing these. Looks nice and white from the top, and a high J/Low I.

_625.png

_626.png

d3.png

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The color of that diamond certainly wouldn't be an issue for me. It looks very white from the top and the very slight tint from the side is not at all displeasing. It will look even whiter when it is set and I think you did good!

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
I will have the ring/stone tomorrow. Quick turnaround.
I have the old melee stones from the WF ring, what can I do with those?
Anything?

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
wow za! :love:

beautiful faces up lovely lovely lovely

weepingwillow

Rough_Rock
I have received the ring and am VERY VERY pleased.

Even though I left some $$ on the table, (70% buyback) it was really worth it to me. The stone faces up whiter then my old I ACA (although that was an Si1), and is really just stunning.

Im not very emotional but seeing the stone and setting really brough a tear to my eye, I hope she feels the same way.

The only downside is that I will miss calling my new friend from BG everyday!

briangavin_fishtail_justina2b_060415.jpg

briangavin_fishtail_justina3b_060415.jpg

briangavin_fishtail_justina4b_060415.jpg

mns12

Shiny_Rock
It is stunning. She should be one happy girl!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad that you are happy with the ring. It is absolutely exquisite!!! I just love those Brian Gavin prongs and it is really pretty with the diamonds on the shank. Please post some real life pictures for us in the Show Me the Bling forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results