shape
carat
color
clarity

My New 8.60 ct Eternity Band

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Milly - Thank you!!!

daintyG- Don't be - Trust me, it took a LONG time to get these :) This was for a big B-day. I am a huge jewelry fan and would be happy to just search for someone or go looking and/or of-course to buy!! Ha Ha. I am always helping my friends research things because I just love to look. My father was a jewelry lover so I used to shop with him for my Mom and I guess that's how I started to obsess over them.

luv2sparkle- Thank you so much. PS I feel like my traps are too small? That is how I felt from day one that I got it. (Leon Mege did the setting) and while it is beautiful, I think I should have stuck w my original halo plan or just got the Shorter but fuller traps and made a three stone ring. (Gummibear was my inspiration)... if you guys remember hers. It was perfect!!! I am still considering selling mine all together and starting a new. Crazy but true if I could just do it! Thank you though!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Lovemybling,Madam Bijoux,Fussykiki,canuk-gal,azstonic,diamondseeker2006,marcy,RayNay111,Calliecake,missy,MissGotRocks,Tekate,Mowtownmama,gregchang35,tyty333 and Rubies-R-Me!

Thank you very much for your more than kind words! Also - Rubies-R-Me, let's see her twin!!! Please post a pic! :love: I would love to see it.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the twin.. separated at birth! :lol:

_30287.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My Lordy! That is the "Big" Sister. How many carats is that girl? LOVE IT!!! xo

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked it up and yours is definitely the big sista! I love it!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the sweet words.. they sure look like twins to me!!! :D :D

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly a dream eternity. I am smitten! :love: :love: :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow stunning ring and very substantial, emerald cuts are my favourite too. Wear your ring in good health and happiness.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
truly classic and beautiful!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Perfection! :love: What a truly gorgeous eternity band! It looks amazing on your lovely hand. I just love this style and it really is a wonderful amount of bling! Any chance of perspective shots of your hand a little further out? I bet this beauty just shines from a distance. If not, no worries...I'm still drooling over your original pics, lol. Both rings are stunning! Congrats! :appl:

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Holy *bleep*!!! LOVE IT :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GASP!!! I am in awe of your gorgeous eternity band!! I can only imagine the dazzling light show in the sun! WOW!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a rich band with great finger coverage :appl:
Enjoy wearing this beauty.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Acinom, Enrechi, Makeable, Rockinruby, Artdecolover71,Lovinggems and Derbygal!

Thank you so much for kind compliments. I still cannot believe it's mine :)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I need one of these!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I need to post again to both Emeraldcutlover and Rubies are me. I need your help. My husband has wanted to buy me something to celebrate the birth of our two babies (2013 and 2015) and our 5 year anniversary (which was last year) and I have been dragging my feet. I really want a large emerald cut eternity that I can wear without my engagement ring. Anyway, I don't know where to start and I really don't have the time to look. Can either of you help me? Seriously, I know I want something large but I don't know how big and I probably should visit some places to look but I don't really know what I'm asking for anymore. It's been so long since I have been on here. I'm also in NYC so if you have some suggestions for where to look as a start, I'll take it. We got my diamond from ERD and the setting is a Tacori so I really don't have lot of experience. I am also willing to travel to Long Island if you think that's best. Also...I really need to do this now as I have been hinting at another diamond for my 40th in a few years. I thought about colored stones but I can never find something that I really love. Thanks in advance.

ECL...for what it is worth, I really wanted a Leon when we were getting my engagement ring but my husband and I both saw a tacori and said...that's it, easy decision. In retrospect, I wish I would have waited. Don't get me wrong, I love my simple, small halo, but I often envision the ring without it. I look back at the pictures in the temp setting and really enjoy the side angles of the diamond much better than in the halo, especially in a bigger stone and mine isn't close to yours. What I am trying to say is, halo it if you want, but please try on a lot and look at them from the side and see if you still love that look.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ECL1- I would love to help you on any way I can. I obsessed over choosing this ring for over a year. I then pricesd them out and researched settings. I am in no way as experienced as most on here but do have an obsessive love of jewels. Lol. I then spent an entire day in NYC (9:00 am to 5:30). My poor husband!!!! However, this was for my 50th Bday so he didn't have to give me a party, he can walk and help me look for the day! Anyways, I was determined to get a 7ct EC TINY prong (shared) open setting. Very traditional but very specific w the look. I knew I preferred the stones to be longer than "fatter". While the carat size was the same, it just did not look as nice on my finger. So after looking up to .80 Pts each and the exact setting Inwas after, they all looked like they were "pinching" my finger. I'm a size 5 (supposedly but they use those super skinny rings to determine that and with a normal size band I am a 6 but prefer a 6.5 bc I like my rings loose and to stack them)!

Ps. I also Did NOT want to have anything made bc I have been disappointed every single time. I think I am so picky and particular that I just need to "see it live" to know if I will love it. The next problem was getting the great quality, color, size, shape and setting in my budget. Haha. No easy task. So with all that being said, I almost "settled" on a 6ct "fat" shaped stones (but D -F VS color and GIA cert) but decided to go to our last guy with whom we bought our last eternity band from. I was not counting on anything bc it was already so difficult finding a lot of big EC eternity bands to choose from.ost were round. Anyways- off we went and low and behold he had ONE EC Band w 8.60 Cts F/G color in a 6 1/4 and LONG stones that I preferred. The only glitch was the setting. It's the lower style setting without an open basket. However, the bottom of the stones are exposed quite a bit to help w cleaning etc. I was torn. Almost my perfect ring and below my budget!!!! This my getting the sapphire and diamond ring as well. So I tried it on and my husband said it looked 10x better on my hand than the others bc it slid on and didn't looking it was pinching my finger (even though the others were all bigger in size and loose on my finger). So Raffi Fine Jewelers (John) got my a neighboring vendors EC eternity band equal in size and length but w the other setting so I could see if I wanted him to remake it. This was the test. I'm so happy he thought to do that bc then my decision was simple. Keep the one that looked nicest on me and my finger bc that is part of what will make it look pretty :). Not a finger that looks pinched and bulging w stones (aka. Nice ring but look at her fat finger. Haha). So my advice is to choose the proportions you LOVE and try on different styles and figure out your budget and size. Stick to it bc it's so easy to get caught up in the moment. It's a big purchase and you want to get it right. You can get anything made, but I would go to someone you can trust (Raffi's things have always appraised to be exactly what he has said. I have used a very well known high end jeweler, in a different State. So very independent opinion).

As for my ER - thank you for saying that. My husband loves my ring and thinks Leon did a great job and I even had several jeweler a in NYC that day comment and asked to see the setting and who did it bc it was so great. When I told them they said they didn't know him. Haha. Anyways, he clearly does a great job. I'm now thinking of getting 2 thin guard eternity bands in carre/emerald cut diamonds channel set to put on each side. It makes the ring flow better... I think. I clearly take a long time to make a decision but it's just a bc I need to see in advance what it will look like. Anyways, I hope this helped and I am here for you any way I can!!! Diamond scene also had a very nice selection of EC eternity Bands and well priced. They have some on 1st Dibs also that you can preview. They do look "chunky" on there but the prongs are much daintier in person. Good Luck and keep me posted!!! XO

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Ps. I hope my above post made sense. It was typed on my phone and difficult to review for typos. One I did see (of many) was that I was saying that Raffi Jewelers went and got another EC Eternity Band w similar specs from a diff jeweler but w the original setting I was after. I could than try on both simotaneously and it made my decision so much easier and with no regrets! So sorry for the long posts!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :appl: :clap: :dance: One of my new faves!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Emeraldcutlover|1432864027|3882519 said:
Ps. I hope my above post made sense. It was typed on my phone and difficult to review for typos. One I did see (of many) was that I was saying that Raffi Jewelers went and got another EC Eternity Band w similar specs from a diff jeweler but w the original setting I was after. I could than try on both simotaneously and it made my decision so much easier and with no regrets! So sorry for the long posts!

Amazingly helpful! I finally feel like I have a place to start. Thank you. I talked with my husband about this last night and he's open to spending the time to look with me. YAY. Obviously not something I want to impulse buy. My only challenge right now is that I'm having a baby between now and the 23rd. So hopefully, I can get this started before my maternity leave but we will see. Either way...I really thank you and will keep you updated along the way.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi EL!
It's Rubies.. first of all.. congrats all around with your new baby coming soon!! :appl: How very exciting.
I don't have good access to a computer until later today or tomorrow but I will write you a helpful response back as soon as I can.
A new baby and a new ring.. what could be better! Till later..

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again!
OK.. where to begin the lovely task of finding just the right ring.
First of all.. had to laugh about Emeraldcutlover's reasoning about why her sweet hubs should not mind walking all over 47th street with her for the day because she saved him the trouble of having a party for her!!! I used that exact same reasoning!!! I also wanted a longer stone rather than a shorter stone to make the ring "taller" Great minds think alike! :lol:
Now where you can begin your search.. Here is the back story on my ring. 5 years ago when it was our 20th anniversary I knew exactly what I wanted.. a big chunky emerald cut eternity band that was totally stand alone.. except if you are Kim Khardashian. :razz:
So I put a lot of feelers out.. I looked on Ebay too at sellers who I have followed thru the years and anybody that had a good return policy or a brick and mortar store in NY. I also contacted 2 jewelers who were my fave for big items. One of them you can contact right now.. the other has since retired so you can't If you want to call Gross Jewelers in Garden City on Long Island that's a good place to start. I have bought many things from him and they are fantastic! In fact now they are making a ruby ring for me.. will be done soon. Anyway.. he could not find anything already made up for me because I have a small finger.. he was going to find a parcel of stones and make the ring from scratch. That was one option and I'm sure it would have been beautiful!
Then I spoke to the other jeweler who has now since retired and if you could believe it he had a customer who was looking to sell her size 4.25 emerald cut eternity ring!! I couldn't believe it! Anyway.. she started too high.. I started too low and eventually we met at a number that was fine for both of us. I slipped on that ring and it fit perfectly just like Cinderella's slipper. That fairy tale had a happy ending!
I think the key is to put out a lot of feelers.. When I first started looking I contacted Dover jewelry in Miami, Provident Jewelry in West Palm Beach, and Betteridge in Greenwich CT. They all had those types of stand alone rings. The more feelers the better.
You can call Gross Jewelers in Garden City and see what they can find for you..that's a good place to start.
Hope that was helpful.. congrats again on the new baby 2B!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. Now I am laughing bc Betteridge is the jeweler for appraising my rings! Lol. They are phenomenal but definitely retail prices but fine for looking and trying on. So lucky your found your EC ring that way. It was me at to be.

PS. ECL1- Congrtas on the Baby and Nee Baubles. Soooo exciting!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing rings! Your eternity band is the stuff that dreams are made of. It is just magnificent and looks great on you! :love: :love: :love:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Lamskin and Crystal24K :appl:

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Emeraldcutlover|1432929317|3882755 said:
Okay. Now I am laughing bc Betteridge is the jeweler for appraising my rings! Lol. They are phenomenal but definitely retail prices but fine for looking and trying on. So lucky your found your EC ring that way. It was me at to be.

PS. ECL1- Congrtas on the Baby and Nee Baubles. Soooo exciting!!

Thanks! Rubies and Emerald for all the advice. I am making some progress and do have a few feelers out there. One is a little smaller than I had hoped for however, now I am just trying to make sure I get exactly what I want. I hear you on not having something made, it never comes out the way I envisioned it either. Thanks for the help. I hope to be back with updates soon.

Thanks!!

Heather

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
ECL1. - can't wait to see your new baubles!!!! Keep us updated :)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
ECL! So...I spent some time in the DD yesterday by myself. That was an interesting experience to say the least especially because I am sooo pregnant and my hands are pretty swollen. I didn't have a ton of time but I did go to both Raffi and Diamond Scene. First I'll start with Diamond Scene. This was great because I was able to try on all sorts of setting. I too prefer your esthetic with the minimal metal and shared prong. I was surprised at how nice theirs looked. The gentleman I spoke with was really nice and told me that they were getting some in the size that I wanted later in the afternoon. Neither had anything in the 5-6ct range which I think is all my budget will allow for. He did show me some very nice pieces in the 7-8ct range but they were all priced well over my budget. Obviously I'm aware these prices are negotiable here but I didn't want to go down that route without my husband there. I should have went back later in the afternoon but I didn't have time. the only unfortunate part is that the smaller pieces he had around the 3-4 carats and the diamonds were far more "fat" so they actually looked really small. I also talked to him about my ring size and he seemed confused. He said that if they needed to take out diamonds to make it smaller, I would get a credit. Well, I told him my goal was to maximize my budget to get the size I wanted and he said it would take three days to make what I wanted. This struck me as a little odd. Anyway...it was good to try on the rings.

Next I met with another gentleman (not John, he wasn't there) at Raffi. He spent 45 minutes talking to me which I appreciated but they didn't have any emerald cut rings. None. I was disappointed in that but he did say that they hand forge their rings rather than use CAD designs. He explained that with my small ring size the ring would have to be custom made and that they rarely have anything in a 5 or 5.5. He suggested coming back after the baby. He also said it would take three months and that they get all of their eternity diamonds cut from one stone. Interestingly, his quote was 15k - 20k for a 5ct which is also what Leon quoted me. I'm not really sure what to do with this information but it looks like for now I'm waiting unless someone is reselling at a discount. Primarily because it looks like custom may be the way I have to go.

I did talk to David Klass and he said he could do it for 11.5 which is more like what I am looking to spend. Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

I apologize for the long response. Thanks for reading!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ECL1:

Okay - good girl! Now I have some questions and thoughts.

Diamond Scene is (I think) trying to say that he would give you a "5-6"ct total size ring but he would need to see how many stones that would take, based on your ring size..... Therefore, he meant that if it required 10 instead of, let's say, 12, then he would owe you the price from the "2" stones. However, YOU are saying, "Hey, I want the most size- therefore, if it's "10" stones, then I want each stone to be as big as possible to equal the 5-6ct goal! Correct? He is saying that he'll make something up, guessing on approx size and then just take out what is not needed. He should just measure your finger and then be able to see how many stones you need divided by your carat goal, thus giving you the desired size per stone.

What I think you need to lead with is rather than saying what you want for the total carat weight, is what you wish "each stone size" to be.... Each of my stones are .50ct but my finger is bigger and therefore I would have a heavier total carat count. Don't always look at the total weight. Look at the size of each stone. Your "5 to 6" ct stone can be .80 pts each (to get to that total carat size) bc your finger is so small and you would need less stones and you would require larger diamonds to attain that weight.... and then it would drive the price up.

As far as Raffi, (I prefer John to the Australian guy, Malcom??). Yes, everything is hand-forged by him and I have gotten 5 rings from him (all handmade and Leon even happen to see 2 of them when I did my ER and said they were "very nice" and also asked who made them bc he could see they were custom). So I felt better going back to him. Also - most diamond rings I saw were all more short and fat, as opposed to long like mine.

I also forgot to tell you that a guy named: "Rami" at "[email protected]" was great. I almost bought from him and he had a TON of longer emerald cut handmade rings to choose from (already made). The only reason we held off and went back to Raffi, was bc I wanted to see what he would give me for my eternity round diamond band that we had already bought from him. However, Rami was also soooo nice and accomodating. His prices were on the higher end but I think you could definitely get him more in the ballpark. You really need to do your homework so he knows you have shopped around. He was about 7% higher than Diamond Scene and Raffi. However, if I had bought from him, he said he would work with me. PS: I did just buy a necklace from him 2 weeks ago for my daughter's graduation, and he was very fair and fast and easy to work with.

I hope this helps!! You have a lot of exciting things going on. Also - I found that each jeweler was MUCH MORE informative and "eager" to help with pricing, once they saw my husband walk in (usually 10 min after me) bc the poor guy would know to come in if I was there more than a couple of minutes. It was hysterical how then I would be treated much more seriously. lol GOOD LUCK! xoxo

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spot on execution of a classic design. Perfection!

And I like the two rings together or separate.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results