shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut Blue Zircon

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Per the request of a few people on here, I am posting a picture of the blue zircon I purchased from Dana last week. This stone is a little star burst!

Rachelle and Dana were nice enough to throw in a matching pair of blue zircons. Looks like the fiance' is getting a pair of earrings as well for her birthday :dance: . The first picture is a good representation of the sparkle, and the second more accurately reflects the color.

20150426_154840_richtone_hdr_.jpg

20150424_152811_richtone_hdr_.jpg

mir_20150426_155034.jpg

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Now the hard part...finding someone to set these puppies. I'm pretty much set (no pun intended lol) on going the bezel route. I love the setting that bling_prism posted in the other thread (photo below). Does anyone know of a vendor that can do this type of setting? I'd also like to get the earrings done in a similar bezel setup.

The pendant stone is a little on the deep side (photo from Dana's site below), so I likely won't be able to use a pre-made setting.

_29643.jpg

33093.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to see that the colour and sparkle look amazing :love: :love:
It will be great to add the matching earrings/studs.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your zircon is lovely and will look gorgeous and opulent in a yellow gold bezel.

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Hi Tourma-Guy,

Happy to see hand shots of the blue zircon from you! It really is a fireball isn't it! I just received its big brother and the chryso yesterday and love them both! :love: I hope you get response for a bench that can do great bezel work for you soon cause I can't wait to see the completed pendant!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great job!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure who can set them (online) these days and I would be very careful who I go with since zircon requires a soft hand, moreso when bezeling.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stones, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Chrono|1430220627|3868886 said:
I'm not sure who can set them (online) these days and I would be very careful who I go with since zircon requires a soft hand, moreso when bezeling.

There are a couple local jewelers that I thought I'd give a try, but I figured I need to make sure they have dealt with zircon before.

The main reason, besides the look, I wanted to go bezeled was due to the fragility of zircon. I wanted something that would protect the stone better. But I guess if its going to be a pendant its not as necessary as it would be in a ring setting.

Looks like I may need to weigh other options if there aren't any good bezel people.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
I met with my local jeweler today. He was able to find a setting that was close to what I was looking for in one of their catalogs, and he seemed confident about setting the zircon. He even suggested one bezel setting over another based on the way it had to be set, which could compromise the stone since its on the brittle side.

So now they have my stones and I should see finished products by the end of the month. :) I went with the slide-through bezel for the main pendant stone and half bezel studs for the earrings (at the suggestion of the jeweler, since he thought a full bezel might extinguish the less saturated earring stones). All in 14k yellow gold.

Can't wait to see everything!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tourma-guy|1430763750|3872023 said:
I met with my local jeweler today. He was able to find a setting that was close to what I was looking for in one of their catalogs, and he seemed confident about setting the zircon. He even suggested one bezel setting over another based on the way it had to be set, which could compromise the stone since its on the brittle side.

So now they have my stones and I should see finished products by the end of the month. :) I went with the slide-through bezel for the main pendant stone and half bezel studs for the earrings (at the suggestion of the jeweler, since he thought a full bezel might extinguish the less saturated earring stones). All in 14k yellow gold.

Can't wait to see everything!

Sounds good! Thanks for your update.
I am looking forward to see the finished projects.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Can't wait to see the finished product. The blue zircon is so lovely, I am sure the ring will be amazing.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sound beautiful. The yellow gold with that blue is such a great combo.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I've personally always been a fan of blue stones with yellow gold so I'm excited to see how the necklace and earrings turn out.

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
I'm so glad your jeweler is able to do the bezel work for you! Can't wait to see pics of the completed set!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am fond of half bezels - can't wait to see the completed zircon set/trio.

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
I received the finished pieces yesterday. The pendant is EXACTLY what I was aiming for. Couldn't be happier. The earrings look great as well.

20150527_175032_richtone_hdr_.jpg

mir_20150526_202301.jpg

mir_20150526_201910.jpg

20150526_204954.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful hubby!

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that looks great.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great work!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who wouldn't be pleased with the set? The pendant looks fabulous.

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
Who wouldn't be pleased with the set? The pendant looks fabulous.

+1 :love: Excellent job!

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I wish the studs had more blue saturation so they matched better, but hey the stones were free so I can't really complain. ::)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Well done! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great result! Beautiful pendant and earrings :appl: :appl: :appl:

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't wait until her birthday to give them to her (as I fully expected would happen :lol: ). Here's a couple more pictures of what they look like while worn. The earrings look more saturated in natural light and when on her ears. She loves them, so I consider that mission accomplished. :)

Sorry about the rotated pictures...either my computer or the forum is being cranky...

20150529_191721_richtone_hdr_.jpg

20150529_191638_richtone_hdr_.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pendant is perfection on her!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results