shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking to buy very soon. Full specs listed.

MBK

Rough_Rock
New to this forum, and have narrowed down the specs given my budget. Would you please give me your opinions on the following specs. Thanks in advance.
Price: $5,318
Carat weight: 1.04
GIA certified
Shape: round
Cut: ideal
Color: F
Clarity: sI1 - verified eye clean
L/W ratio: 1.01
Depth: 60.7%
Table: 58.0%
Polish: excellent
Symmetry: excellent
Girdle: thin - medium - 2.5
Cutlet:none
Fluorescence: strong - this was selected intentionally to keep the price down.
Measurements: 6.60x 6.55x 3.99
Crown angle: 34.5
Crown height: 14.5
Pavilion angle: 41.0
Pavilion depth: 43.5

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
It has promise; its larger table and shallower crown could give it more brightness (white light return) than dispersion (colored light return).

Next step is to get reflector images if you can (Ideal-Scope and ASET). :read:

MBK

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. I will ask for that info.

Also if this helps, I just entered the specs into the HCA tool, and it scored 1.9.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
I didn't bother using the HCA on yours, but under 2 just means it's generally worth further consideration, which I agree it is!

Looking forward to seeing the images if you get them. :wavey:

MBK

Rough_Rock
I just checked, and I do not believe the vendor will provide that info. Given the Specs I have provided, should the absence of the ideal-scope and ASET be a deal breaker in your opinion?

One option would be to purchase and have it examined given their 30 day return policy. Thoughts? thanks.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
If the return policy is that flexible, you can get the stone to a qualified appraiser/gemologist, and/or examine the stone yourself. You can order Ideal-Scopes and ASETs online.

Check out this link, courtesy of Wink Jones, about how they work and what to look for: http://highperformancediamonds.com/education/performance-tutorial/

Hope that helps! :read:

MBK

Rough_Rock
That definitely helps. Thank you!

MBK

Rough_Rock
According to the vendor, they will not be able to obtain the Ideal-Scope and ASET reports. May just purchase and have it looked at given the 30 day return policy. I do however have the GIA report (link below).

Do the visible inclusions cause any red flags at all? Overall, when comparing to other similarly spec'd and priced diamonds, the inclusions on this one seemed to be much less significant.

Also, does the fact that the report is dated as of February, and the stone has not yet been sold indicate in any way that it is perhaps a not so dersiable piece?

http://www.gia.edu/otmm_wcs_int/pro...ReportNumber=2D4E2B4B1CD7E6C317056678D2C4FEC4

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Inclusions right under the table mean you'll need to examine it thoroughly when you get it to see if it's "eye clean" to your particular and personal level of comfort.

I don't think a report dated in February is very concerning. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results