shape
carat
color
clarity

What happened???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I see that the one from Whiteflash is an ACA. All I can tell you is that it will be as good as it gets. So if she doesn't see sparkle all the time, it is because of the lighting or the stone is dirty. No diamond shows sparkle and fire all the time (unless it is under jewelry store lighting, maybe)! Hope she loves it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a diamond looks good after cleaning but looks bad later it could be hand lotion making it's way onto the diamond.
Diamonds are magnets for that stuff.

I'm also totally confused about which diamond is which.

Was the Whiteflash diamond (assuming that's the one that you are/were unhappy with) an ACA or Expert selection or a virtual stone they called in?

The specs in the OP of this thread gets an HCA of 1.4 Ex Ex Ex Vg and gets an X near the middle of the ranges.
But as already said Crown and pavilion angles input to the HCA are AVERAGES of 8 angles each around the diamond.
They could all be the same or all over the place and AVERAGE to a good angles that the HCA likes.

Only an Idealscope pic will reveal varying crown and pavilion angles.
Did Whiteflash provide an Idealscope image for the diamond you were not happy with?

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
The whiteflash diamond is the new diamond I just purchased. The old diamond was purchased from New York with a GIA certificate. The new diamond from WF. The old diamond from New York.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you post a follow up on her thoughts on the ACA. It will be interesting to see if the new diamond without any potential performance issues meets expectations.

I know that expectations were an issue for me when I upgraded. I received an AVR and expected it to look like DS's avatar pic, which I had fallen in love with, ALL OF THE TIME. My diamond does look spectacular in certain lighting, great in most lighting and kind of cruddy in a couple of different lighting situations (my car :knockout: ). Over the past year and a bit, I've spent a lot of time looking at diamonds (IRL) and learning about them, and have ended up more and more satisfied with my choice all the time. Just had to get over my unicorn expectations and learn to appreciate my thoroughbred. :))

This doesn't sound like it explains the whole story with your wife's diamond looking dirty so quickly though. I hope the new one knocks her socks off!

Nickiijack

Shiny_Rock
Thank you and I will follow up.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nickiijack -

Just checking here...does your wife know you sold the 1.36ct stone? Does she know she's getting a smaller stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results