Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

peggy222

Rough_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minous and Acinom.

Minous,
I don't remember the origin of the violet spinel, but it looks very Tanzanian, if I had to guess.

I opened a thread on it a long time ago when I first got it as I was so giddy at the time. Photos taken with my old old camera in that thread. It is amazing in person. It looks like a violet sapphire or tanzanite.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-carat-portuguese-oval-violet-spinel.152354/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-carat-portuguese-oval-violet-spinel.152354/[/URL]

This is a video still of one of the Mahenge side stones from Tan in case someone wants to use it as a reference for his videos.

tlpearmahenge1_1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
peggy222|1428168825|3856939 said:
As I said I am complete novice, so do you think the round looks a good stone? I was also tempted by the peach coloured one at the top of the page in yellow gold setting - also unusual I thought. So many pretty stones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371121829489?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I saw this from another recommended supplier - much cheaper and a pretty one.

Any comments on this?

Thank you for your help
P

It looks too dark and grey to me. I would feel safer with one of Jeff's brighter and lighter stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
peggy222|1428169061|3856942 said:

That may shift to an orangy or brownish color, which Sri Lankan (Ceylon) spinels are notorious for. You may want to open a separate thread for your search, and read the sticky thread at the top of this forum about being new to colored gems. It's highly educational for newbies such as yourself. :)

peggy222

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments - yes I will start a new thread rather than being off task on this one!
Peggy

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1428153311|3856844 said:
Gorgeous rings everyone.

This ring is comprised of some of my luckiest purchases ever.

Each mahenge I won on auction from Tan years ago for around $20 to $30 each. They're both 1.1 carats each. I was shocked because back then no one even bid on them!! The violet spinel in the middle is phenomenal and 4 carats, and I bought it on ebay for $100 because it has a needle. I almost passed out when I received it in the mail because I wasn't expecting it to be as gorgeous in person for what I paid. I think the ebay seller was oilpearl. The needle isn't even distracting or that evident IRL. The setting is 14K and was around $250 if I remember correctly. Therefore the whole ring came in at under $500. I could never ever recreate this ring for this price.

I can't believe this came in under 500! Crazy!! :appl:

Adding this little sapphire number.

_30554.jpg

_30555.jpg

_30556.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous new additions Ricezo and DianeM!

Ricezo: where did you find this gorgeousness? Both the stone and the setting look fabulous. You have an eye for beautiful things. And below 1.250 USD!!

DianeM: great examples of rings that look very chique and do not break the bank. Thanks for sharing your pieces. I have heard and seen so much great reviews of Yvonne Raley. Great design choices!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More eye candies, thanks for sharing!

I particularly like the mahenge spinel flower ring, as I have a soft spot for flower rings with a red centre stone - it is one of my dream rings, just need to find the right centre stone about 6mm, and the money to have it made, as the diamonds will cost quite a bit as they would need to be about 0.2ct each for a 6mm centre stone.

DK :))

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Wow, everyone has such beautiful bling…and on a budget too! :love: :love: :love: What could possibly be better?

You all have much more interesting pieces than I for the same budget - seems I need to branch out more, get more creative and do more custom designs! I’m really impressed and envious of what you all put together and design - they are all just so lovely and varied from what I normally see.

I was able to find six in my collection that just meet the budget criteria, but they are all the usual suspects like aquamarine, amethyst, citrine, and chocolate diamonds. Most are 14k, one is silver (bottom left), one is platinum (citrine solitaire) and one is 18k gold (amethyst). The two center citrines (my favorites) are period deco pieces, the rest are contemporary and were purchased new.

under1250.jpg

I'm on a self-ban at the moment, so I'll have to wait to try my hand at creative bargains...hopefully not too long!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such a fabulous collection BaileyC! You have a great eye for vintage and vintage inspired rings :love: :love:
Every jewelry piece I have seen from you is so beautiful and unique!
Thanks for sharing :wavey:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Acinom! It was an etsy find - .64ct heat only sapphire set in 18ct WG and diamonds - I can't remember the tcw. I love this ring, I gave It to my little sister.

DianeM and BaileyC - gorgeous rings! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings everyone! :love:

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
ricezo|1432724279|3881707 said:
Thanks Acinom! It was an etsy find - .64ct heat only sapphire set in 18ct WG and diamonds - I can't remember the tcw. I love this ring, I gave It to my little sister.
Whoa! How could you have parted with that little beauty, even for your little sister? Can I be your little sister, too? :angel: heh.

Acinom said:
You have such a fabulous collection BaileyC! You have a great eye for vintage and vintage inspired rings :love: :love:
Every jewelry piece I have seen from you is so beautiful and unique!
Wow, thank you so much for the kind words & compliment Acinom, but I'm a droolin' over your paraiba in a BAD way. And ricezo's moonstone earrings, and well...everything else in this thread too!

I'm about to rectify the lack of moonstone earrings here shortly, though. It's the only exception to my self ban at the moment, and I'm stretching that exception to the fullest extent possible. :naughty:

When my ban is over I'll be needing help in designing a new ring - you all have inspired me to try my hand at it again (my first and only try was my wedding set, and it went well, though sadly it doesn't fall under the criteria of this thread. Heh.).

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diane - I'm having my first ring made by Yvonne (and driving her crazy in doing so)...your beautiful pictures have me excited to see how mine comes out...I so love her selection of colored stones.

Here are some that fell in the mid-range for me (approx $600-$1K) that I've purchased in the past year (new unless noted):

Pinky (top to bottom)
- Curprian (cut by Barry B) in 14kt (both bought preloved separately)
- Teal sapphire (from Chris A) in 18kt
- pastel pyrope garnet (from Earth's Treasury) in a setting (from seller vintage jewelery)
Ring Finger (top to bottom)
- unheated aqua (from Earths Treasury cut but Sheldon Douglass Sink) in 18kt
- red Oregon sunstone (from Earths Treasury) in 18kt
- tsavorite garnet (from a preloved pendant)in 14kt
Middle finger:
- natural Lapis (not dyed) in 18kt

600to_1k.jpg

Not the greatest picture as the sun is almost gone but it was take this now or never get to it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More eye candies, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
TL: I could not believe your gorgeous ring is below $500. I am sure lots of PSers won't mind paying double or triple for that eye candy.

Ricezo: : You know I already admired your green tourmaline ring a lot and what it is less than $1250?! If if if you would not like to keep it, pls pls let me know OK?

Acinom: Wow, wow, wow, nowadays, that size spess with David Klass setting??

Mochiko: Do you have a GPS for nice stone and setting?

NKOTB: I like all the rings you posted on PS especially these affordable eye candies.

Arcadian: You have lots great rings! I am jealous. :clap:

Minousbijoux: I just hope I could have 10% of your gorgeous gems and 10% of your great taste of choosing gems.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for posting the great eye candy................

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing....

Yvonne's Camellia style ring IS wonderful and in fact the setting I picked too for the same reason :) My original intent was to use stones I had already purchased...hauynes on the leaves and a spinel in the middle..but the spinel didn't go well so we have been searching for an alternative. Originally, I wanted a bright (sunflower) yellow stone because I don't own one but I've not been successful in finding a 6mm that is pure enough yellow or saturated enough to go with the hauynes :( So I am going to trust Yvonne's eye to find the right stone (right now we are thinking paraiba cab). (Pink is out since I am on a self-imposed ban after my mahenge spree). Can't wait to see what you decided...I've seen the ring in the picture in person and it is incredible. Maybe we will need to start a "show me your Camellia ring" thread once we get ours :)

Wonderful memory you have on vickygigi's spinel. I bought it as a placeholder until I found a larger one. I now have 3 larger ones (in different shades) but the little one still is a keeper. Vickygigi has an incredible eye for color and I've bought many of her items off LT including the tsavorite and cuprian in the above picture. We've become friends in the process and she's taught me a lot about what to look for.

Here are a couple pictures I've posted in the past and all under $500 (so in line with the topic)

andalusite.jpg
stack3_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such great new additions in this thread!!

Lilmosun: you and Mochiko must be the reigning queens of fabulously chique looking settings on a budget. :love: :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laughing...flattered but the difference is that mochiko manages to come up with gorgeous custom settings whereas mine settings are stock or preloved. Instead of budget rings, I need to learn to save for statement pieces such as yours and others. :love: I'm at the point where I have most of what I want checked so my next step will be upgrades or pendants (or at least that's the plan :tongue: )

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1432999568|3882993 said:
Laughing...flattered but the difference is that mochiko manages to come up with gorgeous custom settings whereas mine settings are stock or preloved. Instead of budget rings, I need to learn to save for statement pieces such as yours and others. :love: I'm at the point where I have most of what I want checked so my next step will be upgrades or pendants (or at least that's the plan :tongue: )
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are such a kind and modest person! What a smart way to acquire those fabulous settings. You have a great eye for it. What I love about your collection and the other rings posted in this thread is that they are fabulously chique. That they have 'oomph' and elegance. This thread proves that statement pieces are feasibly on a budget. Most rings here would shine in a chique jewelry store :love: :love: :love:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW.

Even though it's over 1250 that's an amazing price for what you got. And it's incredibly beautiful. When I first saw that setting design I was a bit meh about it, but with those stones it really works, just gorgeous :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE these beautiful colourful flower rings they are :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what fabulous rings for less is all about :love: :love: :love:

I love the colouring of this stone. It's amazingly chique.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE yoyr ring Diane! What a beauty.
I love my 5 stone emerald ring from Yvonne which came today! It was well below the $1250 limit and the emeralds are out of this world! Happy birthstone ring for me! :appl:

20150630_141503.jpg

20150630_141218.jpg

20150630_141339.jpg

20150630_141206.jpg

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. Adding my newest addition my heat only blue montana sapphire and diamond ring in 14k white gold, which was actually around $600 all together including stone and setting thanks to DiamondZones great prices, and most if my collection of rings have been around $800 or less :).

montana_-_edited.jpg
montana2_-_edited_0.jpg
montana4.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1435688323|3896906 said:
LOVE yoyr ring Diane! What a beauty.
I love my 5 stone emerald ring from Yvonne which came today! It was well below the $1250 limit and the emeralds are out of this world! Happy birthstone ring for me! :appl:

What a stunning ring ILoveGemstones!!! The colour of the emeralds are amazing. They seem to lighten up from within.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Diane and Acinom! The emeralds do seem to glow from within. Acinom, your paraiba ring definitely inspired my to get a glowy gem ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results