shape
carat
color
clarity

Any IRL pics of morganite rings in typical lighting?

jauhara

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello everyone. I'm a very long time lurker but this is my first post in years. Recently someone in this forum called my attention to JuliaBJewelry etsy page. I have fallen head over heels for this ring http://youtu.be/3BjihZG-0fQ
https://www.etsy.com/listing/220926166/peachy-pink-morganite-in-diamond-halo?ref=shop_home_active_14

But I have a couple of concerns. I fell in love with morganite online, but I'd never seen one in person. The peachy pink/rose gold look is extremely appealing to me. I love the typical morganite color. Last time I was in the US, I saw morganite for the first time in person in maul jewelry stores and I wasn't really that impressed. It was pretty but not what I expected. But the stone I see in the video above makes me go *thud*.

So my question for the forum, any shots of nice morganite rings in typical (non sparkly) lighting conditions? I think I just need to see more.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jauhara|1432627370|3881158 said:
Hello everyone. I'm a very long time lurker but this is my first post in years. Recently someone in this forum called my attention to JuliaBJewelry etsy page. I have fallen head over heels for this ring http://youtu.be/3BjihZG-0fQ
https://www.etsy.com/listing/220926166/peachy-pink-morganite-in-diamond-halo?ref=shop_home_active_14

But I have a couple of concerns. I fell in love with morganite online, but I'd never seen one in person. The peachy pink/rose gold look is extremely appealing to me. I love the typical morganite color. Last time I was in the US, I saw morganite for the first time in person in maul jewelry stores and I wasn't really that impressed. It was pretty but not what I expected. But the stone I see in the video above makes me go *thud*.

So my question for the forum, any shots of nice morganite rings in typical (non sparkly) lighting conditions? I think I just need to see more.

As a beryl, they have a low refractive index, and don't have the same luster and brilliance as other gems. Most of the ones today are heated/irradiated (double treatment) and quite brown. Also, as a pastel with a low refractive index, they tend to easily look dirty, and always need cleaning. However, they are a more affordable option for a peachy pink stone. I would just never overpay for one due to the treatment, which is undetectable as far as I know.

jauhara

Rough_Rock
Trade
So then, would you say a pink spinel is more the thing? All the pics I've seen of "peachy" spinel are just too pink for my taste. I really do like the brownish almost champagne tone I see in pics of morganite. Actually, my dream would be a pinkish brown champagne diamond but it's way out of my budget.

I'm not too terribly concerned about treatment or "value" in the sense of resell. I want something to my taste at a price I'm willing to pay. The morganites I saw at the mall were all baby pink color, they didn't have the brown or orange tones I love in photos of morganite that I see online.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jauhara|1432650570|3881239 said:
So then, would you say a pink spinel is more the thing? All the pics I've seen of "peachy" spinel are just too pink for my taste. I really do like the brownish almost champagne tone I see in pics of morganite. Actually, my dream would be a pinkish brown champagne diamond but it's way out of my budget.

I'm not too terribly concerned about treatment or "value" in the sense of resell. I want something to my taste at a price I'm willing to pay. The morganites I saw at the mall were all baby pink color, they didn't have the brown or orange tones I love in photos of morganite that I see online.

Check out malaya garnets as well. They tend to color shift more towards brown in fluorescent light, but stay a peachy pink in other lighting. No treatment either on those, but make sure they're light enough in tone. Some malayas look dark red. Here's some of them, in a variety of tones and hues, and I think what you're after is the top left color.

Also check out peachy pink zircons as well, as they come closest to emulating a pink champagne diamond.

Good luck.

malaya-garnet-gem-326139a_1_.jpg

jauhara

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much TL! Those garnets are beautiful. I will definitely look for more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results