shape
carat
color
clarity

LV Wallets...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OCgirl|1432352105|3880331 said:
Wow that is sooo pretty! I like the color and leather combo. What a statement piece!
Thank you! I am so pleased with the color. I was a bit anxoius but it was all for naught!

gregchang35|1432386994|3880391 said:
Congrats!!! Use it well!
I sure will! Thank you! You've certainly given me some great support and input and I really appreciate it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so Ame, how do you like your wallet now that you have filled it up?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1432591187|3881073 said:
so Ame, how do you like your wallet now that you have filled it up?
:love: :love: :love: And filling it called attention to the mass of crap I carried that I don't really need in there. Like I don't NEED my starbucks card in there, it's in my phone app. And I didn't need 40 bandaids. In there.

I have it in the dustbag lolz

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Too funny! Yup, I'm pretty sure you won't need the 40 bandaids....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1432650646|3881240 said:
:lol: Too funny! Yup, I'm pretty sure you won't need the 40 bandaids....
Debatable... lol

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous!
I love my LV wallet in epi, and it still looks good after years of wear including dropping on concrete a few times and having a toddler play with it. It's hard to pay so much for just a damn wallet, but we like what we like. 8-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1432672363|3881413 said:
It's gorgeous!
I love my LV wallet in epi, and it still looks good after years of wear including dropping on concrete a few times and having a toddler play with it. It's hard to pay so much for just a damn wallet, but we like what we like. 8-)
Yea I love it, and hopefully I will relax soon. Right now it's in my purse in the dustbag lol

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoever said it was a sickness was right, except now I want a hoity toity coin purse to replace my dying Coach mini skinny (the zipper is about shot). I don't keep coinage in my wallets--it's dirty and heavy--and I want to keep my reward cards in the pocket of the coin purse so it's not taking up valuable gift card space ;-)

I am now "too good" for Coach and Fossil HAHA

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
This won't work for reward cards like "buy 10, get a free coffee" sort of thing, but an app for phones called Stocard has been a wonder to me. They were stretching my Chanel wallet so I got a separate wallet just for store reward cards as every store has one now, but a friend put me on to this app. It is great, you take a photo of your card and then just use the bar code on your phone when you need it. No need to carry all those cards anymore!

I use a similar one for business cards.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea I hate the cards that need swiping or punching! I use an app called Keyring (same concept) but I do have like 6 cards that are swipe cards I want to carry that we regularly use. I have a couple shoved in the coin purse and a couple in my wallet.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1433039966|3883160 said:
Yea I hate the cards that need swiping or punching! I use an app called Keyring (same concept) but I do have like 6 cards that are swipe cards I want to carry that we regularly use. I have a couple shoved in the coin purse and a couple in my wallet.

Oh my goodness... Cles are one of my weaknesses I love them and they are so so useful. Really useful. I wouldn't buy them in Epi or Vernis though because they are not flexible and super tight in those styles with the pocket.. If you are going to use them for cards I would get the classic original ones (I know I know you don't like canvas but they are super durable and fit in your palm...so useful for running errands with just your DL and CC a bit of cash. Or maybe at an event or festival all day where you want to carry the least amount, fits in all my pockets) OR get the beautiful Empriente Cles. Even though it's embossed with the logo it is subtle and so luxurious. Actually you probably won't want to put coins in there either lol. Honestly I don't like putting coins in any of my LV SLGs . this one fits tons of cards and cash. I love using these as a wallet when I don't want to carry my zippy.

I knew it wouldn't be the last... :dance:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol you're right that I might not want a pricey case for coins... Maybe I should stick to "cheaper" ones bec coins are going in it!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1433095995|3883340 said:
Lol you're right that I might not want a pricey case for coins... Maybe I should stick to "cheaper" ones bec coins are going in it!

Yes. Stick to the skinny for the coins! I have an orange one and I just toss it around and feel much better about it.

It still won't be your last purchase. Lol. Enjoy that zippy it is gorgeous! Love the color you chose.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that color is so rich and gorgeous...I love it.

So which exact wallet is that?

Ame - if not this brand (I don't know that I could swing LV...but maybe for Christmas or a birthday or something! :cheeky:) - but in case, do you have any brand would you'd say has quality leather wallets? (I looked through Roots but none were quite my style).

(BTW, my DH has been bugging me in the last couple of weeks that I keep coins in my wallet and how it causes it to get out of shape etc. (I have a no-name leather one that's pretty large that opens up and fits a checkbook, too...) and I thought he must be crazy, *of course* I keep coins in my wallet, who doesn't? But then I read what you said about coins being dirty and heavy...guess he has a point.)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1433124768|3883503 said:
OMG that color is so rich and gorgeous...I love it.

So which exact wallet is that?

Ame - if not this brand (I don't know that I could swing LV...but maybe for Christmas or a birthday or something! :cheeky:) - but in case, do you have any brand would you'd say has quality leather wallets? (I looked through Roots but none were quite my style).

(BTW, my DH has been bugging me in the last couple of weeks that I keep coins in my wallet and how it causes it to get out of shape etc. (I have a no-name leather one that's pretty large that opens up and fits a checkbook, too...) and I thought he must be crazy, *of course* I keep coins in my wallet, who doesn't? But then I read what you said about coins being dirty and heavy...guess he has a point.)
I used TUMI for years and if Tumi made one like this LV, that is what I would've bought again. They last forEVER. The only reason I don't use that one anymore is the size was just too much. Roots makes great wallets, Fossil makes great wallets. I don't carry my checkbook anymore, just because of weight and risk of identity theft. The size of the LV was part of the desire. The price, however, was painful.

The exact LV wallet is the Zippy Compact Wallet in Epi Leather. The color is called FUSCHIA.

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/zippy-compact-wallet-epi-006474

The closest things to this exact wallet are these Gucci ones (I was not impressed with any of them)
Blue:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Swing-Leather-Mini-Zip-Around-Wallet-Light-Blue/prod173720164_cat47730732__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat47730732%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D4294894797&eItemId=prod173720164&cmCat=product

Black:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Swing-Leather-Mini-Zip-Around-Wallet-Black/prod167820377_cat47730732__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat47730732%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D4294894797&eItemId=prod167820377&cmCat=product

Hot Pink:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Swing-Leather-Mini-Zip-Around-Wallet-Fuchsia/prod167820379_cat47730732__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat47730732%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D4294894797&eItemId=prod167820379&cmCat=product

Henri Bendel (in four colors):
http://www.henribendel.com/jetsetter-zip-travel-wallet-27911069070193.html?start=7&cgid=wallets_medium

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Ame - I'll definitely take a look through Tumi (DH owns a lot of things by Tumi - and actually, he's looking for a small wallet too, I don't think he would have thought of them for a wallet, so I'll tell him) and Fossil.

I had seen that you were not impressed with the leather from Gucci or Bendel, so I won't even bother with them. (BTW it's amazing how a manufacturer will put out what is supposed to be a high-quality item and then cheap out on the zipper. I had gotten a few Furla leather pouches online for my purse which were nice looking, but the zipper was not smooth - totally takes away from the overall quality).

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, if you want all leather, Leatherology as some nice wallets and I like Brahmin too. I LOVE Ame's LV wallet, but I just can't spent that much on a wallet right now either. But I am so thankful that she posted options! I would have never looked at Gucci or Henri Bendel simply because I haven't ever bought anything from either of those brands, or LV for that matter.

I have been using a Marc Jacobs for the last couple of year but the lining is not leather and it is starting to fray. It is a lovely pinky/peach color but it has bees showing some dirt around the zipper from use. I think I am going to try the Bendel wallet. Yes, the outside is nylon with leather but that will be easy to clean on the one hand, and the size is a bit smaller than my Marc Jacobs. The price with a coupon, will be just over 100 dollars and I can see if the size works for me. Plus at that price using it for coins will not bother me. I have kept coins in my Marc Jacobs as well. I do plan on going to an LV store and checking out all the options as well!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, can I ask you how much cash you usually carry in your wallet? I switched to a smaller wallet to see how much of a difference it made in my bag and realized today that I can't carry as much cash as I usually do in it-it doesn't want to close.

Since I usually do most things in cash, I am now questioning if smaller is a good thing for me. I usually carry about 1200 in twentys-divided in half in two pockets. Any idea if this is possible I the LV?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
In 20s it would be really bulky but it would all go in that back cash pocket. You'd likely put two stacks side by side basically on top of each other if that makes sense, since it's a deep pocket.

I don't carry more than at most about 60, unless we need cash when traveling. I don't carry much cash. We do a lot more in cards for the rewards.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ame|1433030673|3883130 said:
Whoever said it was a sickness was right, except now I want a hoity toity coin purse to replace my dying Coach mini skinny (the zipper is about shot). I don't keep coinage in my wallets--it's dirty and heavy--and I want to keep my reward cards in the pocket of the coin purse so it's not taking up valuable gift card space ;-)

I am now "too good" for Coach and Fossil HAHA

This is how it all starts :lol: I went from basic brands, to Coach, to LV, to Chanel, and now Hermes (although, I only own two Hermes bags and they are both mostly canvas). I'm hoping one day to own a Birkin.
Enjoy your new wallet, Ame - it's lovely =)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I am still carrying it in the dustbag. :twirl:

I didn't love any of the wallets from Hermes. My uh...wallet thanked me for that lol. There are couple Hermes bags I love though, and in the end I would love a Birkin...But I don't think I will ever be able to afford that. lol Dream! I told DH I want an Hermes for my 40th but I also want a Rolex or Cartier Watch. HAHAHAH! DREAM. ON.

I ordered a Skagen that was $55 and the Fossil that was similar to the Coach bec it didn't have any outside ornamentation like the Coach, and was smooth. If I like either Ill keep those. I love the Saint Laurent version (fragments) that is Navy (it's a mens one) but $300 is a lot for a change purse, and I also think I'll be like ...wary of putting change in it. So I decided to retain some mental clarity on this.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1433168092|3883662 said:
CJ, if you want all leather, Leatherology as some nice wallets and I like Brahmin too. I LOVE Ame's LV wallet, but I just can't spent that much on a wallet right now either. But I am so thankful that she posted options! I would have never looked at Gucci or Henri Bendel simply because I haven't ever bought anything from either of those brands, or LV for that matter.

I have been using a Marc Jacobs for the last couple of year but the lining is not leather and it is starting to fray. It is a lovely pinky/peach color but it has bees showing some dirt around the zipper from use. I think I am going to try the Bendel wallet. Yes, the outside is nylon with leather but that will be easy to clean on the one hand, and the size is a bit smaller than my Marc Jacobs. The price with a coupon, will be just over 100 dollars and I can see if the size works for me. Plus at that price using it for coins will not bother me. I have kept coins in my Marc Jacobs as well. I do plan on going to an LV store and checking out all the options as well!

Thanks sparkle - I ended up ordering a Marc Jacobs wallet from Bloomingdale's (leather inside and out) - I have no idea what the quality will be, but it was around $170 on sale, so I figured I'll take a chance.

I am going to try the idea of not keeping coins in the wallet - or just a couple...once I settle on the wallet I'll look for a coin pouch. I see that there are also key holders/pouches for keys...so a whole new world has opened up! :bigsmile:

I think I've given up already on the idea of an LV wallet - I just can't swing it right now without a tremendous amount of guilt, so I wouldn't truly enjoy it.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great deal. They have my classic vertical Q wallet too at a discount. I have loved my wallet but it didn't hold up that well. The leather is great but the fabric lining started to shred after about 2 years. I loved that it opened flat and how the pockets were configured.
That may be an option for me. Thanks for posting about the sale!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1433351694|3884661 said:
That is a great deal. They have my classic vertical Q wallet too at a discount. I have loved my wallet but it didn't hold up that well. The leather is great but the fabric lining started to shred after about 2 years. I loved that it opened flat and how the pockets were configured.
That may be an option for me. Thanks for posting about the sale!

You are so welcome!

I got the Vertical Zippy in Black - it is about $50 MORE everywhere else - so I pounced :bigsmile:

Are you sure you had the Q and not the Zippy - in the pictures, the Q is an accordion style. I got the Zippy because I love that it opens up flat.

(hope you don't mind this mini side conversation ame - you have started a chain reaction of wallet searches! haha)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is the classic Q vertical zippy. I do love that it opens flat. However, today I visited LV and fell in love with the Clemence wallet. Surprisingly, DH was totally on board. I didn't buy it yet, because I cannot spend that much money without having to think about it for a couple days. I did love it. It is also quite a bit less that the larger LV wallets @ 530. for the monogram canvas. I am not opposed to the canvas. So, I will take a couple days to ponder and then decide. Wedding expenses make me want to go for the lower priced wallet and I do love that one too. AGH!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1433391736|3884956 said:
Yes, it is the classic Q vertical zippy. I do love that it opens flat. However, today I visited LV and fell in love with the Clemence wallet. Surprisingly, DH was totally on board. I didn't buy it yet, because I cannot spend that much money without having to think about it for a couple days. I did love it. It is also quite a bit less that the larger LV wallets @ 530. for the monogram canvas. I am not opposed to the canvas. So, I will take a couple days to ponder and then decide. Wedding expenses make me want to go for the lower priced wallet and I do love that one too. AGH!

I looked up the wallet, it's gorgeous! What color combination would you get? They are all so pretty against the brown.

An upcoming wedding is a special time...maybe it's the perfect time for a little gift for yourself...or maybe you'll feel better if you get a more inexpensive one now, and revisit the idea after...

Either waiting a couple of days is a good idea - you'll know what to do. Just don't feel guilt either way...enjoy!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked the one with the fuchsia interior, and also the all black leather version. I loved my Marc Jacobs wallet too. After sleeping on it, I think I will go for another Marc Jacobs. I can always get a LV later, and the sales associate said new colors will come out in August. The expenses are quite a bit with a wedding but also in taking the whole family on this little adventure. I am viewing it as probably the last time we will take the whole family on vacation. It is a blessing so I think I can wait on a few luxuries. A new wallet is needed because the old one is falling apart. If Ame hadn't started this thread I would have never even looked at LV, so I'm not sure if I want to give her a (virtual) hug or blame her! LOL. Just joking with you Ame! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1433429279|3885070 said:
I liked the one with the fuchsia interior, and also the all black leather version. I loved my Marc Jacobs wallet too. After sleeping on it, I think I will go for another Marc Jacobs. I can always get a LV later, and the sales associate said new colors will come out in August. The expenses are quite a bit with a wedding but also in taking the whole family on this little adventure. I am viewing it as probably the last time we will take the whole family on vacation. It is a blessing so I think I can wait on a few luxuries. A new wallet is needed because the old one is falling apart. If Ame hadn't started this thread I would have never even looked at LV, so I'm not sure if I want to give her a (virtual) hug or blame her! LOL. Just joking with you Ame! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BLAME ME. :naughty: :lol: I don't blame you though, that's a ton of money. They have increases every year, sometimes more than once a year, but it will always be worth it--but probably after the wedding...maybe a wedding gift! I know on TPF they were doing "fall color recon" and trying to figure out what is coming out for the next season but I haven't seen all of it.

I liked a lot of MBMJ's wallets but they didn't have one quite the size I was looking for that still had enough slots.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, I am going through mid-life and am wanting to sell wallets and bags I don't use. Let me know if you're interested. Ame, not to enable further I am thinking about letting go of a black Epi cles that I don't use anymore. I think I'm going crazy...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results