shape
carat
color
clarity

New Etsy Ripple & Flameball Earrings

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The earrings which I purchased from an Etsy vendor (which I am buying from four the first time has arrived). I am loading some photos to share with you all.

20150524_155527-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I post the vendor photos for comparison. The pairs I bought were #5 & #22.

I am posting photos one by one cos I tend to encounter errors when I try to post too many at one go. Think my hp can't handle it :think:

il_4.jpeg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, this is #5. I expected a heavily rippled pair which it is. Unfortunately, the part which is heavily rippled is not as lustrous as the less rippled side.So the less rippled ended up in front. One pearl is nicely metallic; the other (also relatively more purplish one) has very good luster but not very metallic in comparison. Not a perfectly matched pair in terms of luster and colour but I don't think it is too obvious, considering I am using them as earrings.

20150524_155955-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
This is #22 which turned out prettier than expected. The rounded part is light gold in color and the "flame" part is light lavender on both pearls. My photo does not reflect the colours well unfortunately.

20150524_155732-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, the ripple strand in the background is a strand from PP, bought one or two years ago ( I can't exactly recall).

Overall, I am happy with the pearls. I have made another set of purchase with the shop. Will post the photos again when I receive them.
And a big THANKS to ckrickett for bringing our attention to this etsy shop! :wavey:

20150524_155612.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They are really pretty YC! I was looking at a goldish colour pair and I think I might take the plunge!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1432459603|3880591 said:
They are really pretty YC! I was looking at a goldish colour pair and I think I might take the plunge!

Yes, go for it! One thing I did not mention. One pair was half drilled and the other was fully drilled. So I am suspecting one pair may have been removed from a strand? Anyway, in retrospect, the vendor pictures are pretty accurate. As I mentioned before, one pearl is less lustrous and I think it is reflected in the vendor photo.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They are still pretty, I hope you will enjoy wearing these, I would love to see some ear shots. :appl:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful new purchases YC. Thank you for the comparison pictures of PP pearls and this Etsy vendor pearls. I've bought some pearls from her too and I've been quite happy with them.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful!

Yes one set of mine was fully drilled too. Wasn't to excited about it but you can't notice it and the price was right. If I knew a way to remove expoy glue safely from a pearl I'd reado them with a decorative headpin!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1432468186|3880622 said:
They are still pretty, I hope you will enjoy wearing these, I would love to see some ear shots. :appl:

her pearls are very pretty, and you can;t beat the price. Its where I got my earrings and the pearls for my recent tin cup. she is VERY good too if you have any questions just message her. she usually responds within a day.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Which site is this?

As for the glue removal ...I believe heat is the answer...go to other site and have a look..there is a thread about how to remove findings.

Those look pretty darn decent :appl: .. I think the less rippled side looks very nice .. still rippled, just softer. :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Katbran it's WenPearls on Etsy, I bought no 20, will report back!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1432524185|3880859 said:
Which site is this?

As for the glue removal ...I believe heat is the answer...go to other site and have a look..there is a thread about how to remove findings.

Those look pretty darn decent :appl: .. I think the less rippled side looks very nice .. still rippled, just softer. :love:

I have seen my local jeweller heat the pearl with setting with hairdryer to melt the epoxy. Another vendor told me he soaks them in acetone.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Acetone might not be good for colour..or surface.. check the other site for more info..there is a very recent thread on acetone etc and another on how to remove findings. Had something to do with a cup of water and the microwave..but best to read it lol

LovinG- :) Thanks for that...I thought it might have been his site...certainly are a good buy !

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
They look lovely, YC! I have ordered some cheap white ripple earrings (dangles with chain) from her; let's see how they turn out.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I removed a finding by simply soaking the pearl in cool water for a few days. I imagine heating the water would speed the process.

I would never use acetone on a pearl.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, don't use acetone on pearls it will dull the colour and the luster as well. I bought a very pretty but stinky T from an ebay seller and tried many different ways to remove the odour, the acetone worked but the pearl came out not as vividly coloured anymore.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think there is also a thread over there on removing the 'stink' from stinky pearls lol Happens with Souffle strands .. smelly..

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the warning about the acetone. Never dare tried it myself.

I am still waiting for the right lighting conditions to take the ear shots. Will post them someday when I get my act together.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
YC those came out lovely! i really appreciate the candid reviews -- I'm thinking about ordering from this vendor and its good to make sure my expectations are in line with reality.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know a lot about ripples ... do they all have that metallic tone, or just the good ones? I like the peaches and plums, but am wondering about the coppers and golds?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1432654196|3881260 said:
I don't know a lot about ripples ... do they all have that metallic tone, or just the good ones? I like the peaches and plums, but am wondering about the coppers and golds?

My experience with ripple pearls is also limited. Prior to this, I own two strands of such pearls, one from PP and one from POJ. I do not think ripples are necessarily metallic so when you decide to purchase, choose carefully. Even for the metallic pearls, the metallic luster is blotchy and I can see poor luster on parts of the pearls. Maybe we can wait for others who have seen more of such pearls to share their experience.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
YC|1432690627|3881534 said:
ennui|1432654196|3881260 said:

My experience with ripple pearls is also limited. Prior to this, I own two strands of such pearls, one from PP and one from POJ. I do not think ripples are necessarily metallic so when you decide to purchase, choose carefully. Even for the metallic pearls, the metallic luster is blotchy and I can see poor luster on parts of the pearls. Maybe we can wait for others who have seen more of such pearls to share their experience.

The ones I got were nice, but overall they were inconsistent. Her prices, IMHO are good for what you get. Out of the few strands I got I had some really nice ones with even luster and color, and some that were blotchy, and some that were missing nacre, and then some frankenpearls. I just sorted them out, and got a nice tin chip and enough to make a long strand if I wanted.

I've noticed that my pearls are very VERY brassy in natural light. (the ones I got in strands not the earrings) They look very pondslimy... which I like. But if you order more than earrings just expect to get what you pay for. her more expensive strands are what you'd likely expect from some of our favorite online vendors, and the more inexpensive you go the likely they will look worse, different, not be consistent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results