shape
carat
color
clarity

New tattoo

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks LM! Aaaaand I'm just stupid enough to do it on the other arm too ha! Every time we go, we get home and are unwrapping them to wash them and we do the suck air in thru your teeth ooooo laughing that you do when something hurts and we say we're dumb and then we do it again.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Cover-up design is taking a lot longer than I imagined so I'm taking it slow. I don't want a massive tattoo that I'll regret.

Meanwhile, I got this one done :)

cymera_20150405_172841.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Kelinas|1428269524|3857308 said:
Cover-up design is taking a lot longer than I imagined so I'm taking it slow. I don't want a massive tattoo that I'll regret.

Meanwhile, I got this one done :)

Very pretty, Kelinas!!! :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Thanks :) it took 5 hours, the amount of detail in it is amazing. The outline was easy. My tattoo artist laughed and told me to get ready for the shading - it hurt so much more than the outline! 5 rounds of shading but I love the result. We smushed the roses together so we can make a half sleeve continuation later down the road :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
more work done tonight

img_2070__2_.jpg

img_8072.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh! Love the chrysanthemum!
I always thought if I got a tattoo, it would be traditional Japanese. I like the Hawaiian ones, too. The kind done with sharks teeth! Ouch!

Packrat, does it hurt much?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it hurts much! It's tolerable enough I guess. Some spots were more "sharp" for pain is the only way I can think to describe it..it feels like it's in your brain and teeth.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We suffer for our art!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, it's worth it!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out wonderful Packrat!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks Callie! now I have until my next appt to decide what color to do the mum.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys have such fantastic tats! I'm scared to death of getting them (but I want to get one for my puppy) She's a greyhound & has has ear tats, so, we gotta match man! I will get one in her honor, I'm thinking her ear numbers with a vine and a racing greyhound around my ankle.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
you should go for it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1432644680|3881213 said:
you should go for it!

A friend took me with her to get an itty bitty tattoo, I swear I felt like I was having a serious cardiac event. Heck they thought so too! The courage to do it is in there somewhere, but not just yet :lol: If the dog was there she could distract me...lol She's good at that and she reads me very well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not so bad, really, when you're having it done. The machine makes a crazy noise and you feel vibrations, but you kind of get into a zone. It's nicer to have someone to talk to or chat w/your artist.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
more work this afternoon!

img_8456.jpg

img_8457.jpg

img_8459.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Packie, It turned out beautiful!!!! Are you in pain?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Nope. It hurt during of course-the white highlights are always the last bit and man do they SUCK. But now it's just tender, like a healing bruise kinda.

JD washed it off and took a couple close ups. My frog has freckles now!

img_8460.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is looking good! I love how it has all come together in a very seamless way. It looks as if it was all done in one session. I love the chrysanthemum!

I swear that you were supposed to have black hair with blue or burgundy streaks! So far there isn't a single person on pricescope who has lived up to the image in my head!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1435584751|3896230 said:
It is looking good! I love how it has all come together in a very seamless way. It looks as if it was all done in one session. I love the chrysanthemum!

I swear that you were supposed to have black hair with blue or burgundy streaks! So far there isn't a single person on pricescope who has lived up to the image in my head!

Thanks! Yeah, it's amazing what artists can do w/their work-you'd never know that it's five sessions worth of work on that side. And it will continue across and down the other arm around the cherry blossoms. And it will all blend together!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That frog is awesome! And the colours look really great

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks telephone!

hahaha House Cat! I could maybe swing trying black hair w/color streaks, just for you! Actually...it sounds kinda fun!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
After months of debating, I settled on a peacock with traditional roses for my cover up :bigsmile: this was on 6/30

Colors to be done in August since I don't feel like dealing with the peeling during my birthday.
The only time I ever wished for a roommate- cleaning this has been a pain in the butt :wall: :wall: :wall:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
packrat|1435542151|3896051 said:
more work this afternoon!
Loooooove the colors on this! :appl: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kelinas! I am head over heels about this artists work.

Do you have pics? I'd love to see your coverup so far!

Yeah, cleaning sucks I agree! I've had to have London shower w/me a couple times so she can wash my tattoo.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to upload it :bigsmile:
Covering the star on my shoulder and little flowers on the lower side

cymera_20150701_113258.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: WOW :love:

That is INSANE! Your artist is really something, I'd say! Is it the same artist who did your shoulder w/the roses and watch?

Ohhh I can't wait to see this colored in! How long did it take? How many sittings?

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Believe it or not, my arm needs to be redone. I think by this time next year, every piece of outline on the flowers will have faded :angryfire:
Found out that the artist who did my arm and thigh has been lying about his experience.
It's no wonder his portfolio only had pictures of fresh tattoos.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
This artist is amazing. He's known for his line work and I have to agree that it's on point.

This was one sitting, 4 hours.
He started on the bottom of the right side because he thought I'd be most sensitive there. Wasn't bad at all until he got near my spine.
My back was twitching involuntarily and I was spitting cursewords (quietly)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results