shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to get basic gold jewelry?

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any tips on where to get high quality and good value in very basic jewelry? I'm thinking gold ball studs, hoop earrings, plain gold or platinum chains, very simple pendents, etc. A lot of this stuff is available at the mall but I'm guessing I could find better prices online. Blue Nile has some, does anyone know where else to look?

What about high karat gold in chains, simple studs, etc?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I don't have suggestions but wanted to say I came here for the same question. Hoping someone can help!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe that I got some of my gold stud ball earrings, the ones I wear everyday, from Overstock.com. I will take a look there today and see what is there. I know I always keep gold balls around since they are my "place saver" earrings and I need them to keep the holes in my ears open if I am not wearing something more exotic!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Blue Nile 10mm 14K gold balls - I'm fairly pleased with them. They are hollow so they lack the nice weighty feeling of solid gold but that is reflected in the price. I wish BN offered them in 18K as that's my preference.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I am also looking for a good price on a simple, high quality 20 inch gold chain. Any ideas? I'd go preowned.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare|1397866393|3655756 said:
My brother's wife has these ball gold pieces and they are gorgeous. If SIL didn't have them, I'd probably consider. I like the look a lot...I'd also want something less expensive if possible. Not sure how to consider these prices.

http://www.ippolita.com/18k-gold-glamazon-circle-station-necklace.html

http://www.ippolita.com/18k-gold-glamazon-mini-hammered-ball-drop-earrings.html

Anyone else with some suggestions? I look at overstock...very hard for a novice to figure out what's good.

I found some paperwork from Overstock purchases I made in 2011. I don't know if this will help you. I bought 2 pairs of "14K Yellow Gold 8mm Laser-cut Ball Earrings"; 1 pair of "14K Pink Gold 8-mm Ball Earrings"; and 1 pair of "14k Yellow Gold Polished Bead Ball Leverback Earrings" in March of 2011.

Deb/AGBF

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone! I have found some good value at Blue Nile and Overstock. I wish Blue Nile had more 18kt yellow gold though.

I don't know why this thread is such a magnet for spammers. I keep thinking the thread has updated but have the time it's just another spammer.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
doubledouble|1399745163|3669821 said:
Thanks for the advice everyone! I have found some good value at Blue Nile and Overstock. I wish Blue Nile had more 18kt yellow gold though.

I don't know why this thread is such a magnet for spammers. I keep thinking the thread has updated but have the time it's just another spammer.

Yes. I was afraid that your posting was going to be spam, but I am thankful that it was not! I try to follow this thread. I am glad that you found something on Overstock.com. I have had great luck there. I have to admit that I like a wide variety of gold, however. Sometimes I try to get pieces in the highest karat gold available, but at other times I accept something-like a pair of earrings that I will just find very useful-in plain 14K gold. My everyday earrings, the ones I wear just to make sure the holes in my ears remain open, are very plain round balls in 14K gold that are not terribly special. They are very useful, however!

AGBF
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare|1397866393|3655756 said:
My brother's wife has these ball gold pieces and they are gorgeous. If SIL didn't have them, I'd probably consider. I like the look a lot...I'd also want something less expensive if possible. Not sure how to consider these prices.

http://www.ippolita.com/18k-gold-glamazon-circle-station-necklace.html

http://www.ippolita.com/18k-gold-glamazon-mini-hammered-ball-drop-earrings.html

Anyone else with some suggestions? I look at overstock...very hard for a novice to figure out what's good.

I have the Ippolita single ball earrings and a similar set of pieces-although not a necklace-by Roberto Coin. I have his Pallini single ball earrings; his triple ball earrings; and his bracelet. I considered buying the necklace, but as you said of the one by Ippolita, it is expensive. I didn't want to buy it unless I was sure I would wear it...and it is a little big for my taste. I don't usually wear large beads.

I will look for photos of the Pallini pieces on the Internet. My pieces are in the safety deposit box!

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1399826588|3670423 said:
I have the Ippolita single ball earrings and a similar set of pieces-although not a necklace-by Roberto Coin. I have his Pallini single ball earrings; his triple ball earrings; and his bracelet. I considered buying the necklace, but as you said of the one by Ippolita, it is expensive. I didn't want to buy it unless I was sure I would wear it...and it is a little big for my taste. I don't usually wear large beads.

I will look for photos of the Pallini pieces on the Internet. My pieces are in the safety deposit box!

Photos of the two pairs of earrings I have are posted, also a bracelet. The bracelet posted is the three strand. There is also a one strand bracelet available. I think I bought the three strand, but cannot be sure!

Deb/AGBF

robertocoinpallinisingleballearrings.jpg

robertocoinpallinicollectiontriplebeaddropearrings.jpg

robertocointhreestrandbracelet.jpg

psproot12

Shiny_Rock
doubledouble|1396463095|3645970 said:
Does anyone have any tips on where to get high quality and good value in very basic jewelry? I'm thinking gold ball studs, hoop earrings, plain gold or platinum chains, very simple pendents, etc. A lot of this stuff is available at the mall but I'm guessing I could find better prices online. Blue Nile has some, does anyone know where else to look?

What about high karat gold in chains, simple studs, etc?

Never overlook Ebay, there are a few sellers out there who don't deliver but if you go with a seller with a great reputation AND has a return policy you have nothing to lose. I have literally never seen prices for any type of jewelry lower than on Ebay. Literally, same color/cut/clarity/carat diamond with GIA cert. will be 10-20% less than any other website. Similarly the just gold pieces prices can't be beat:

14k gold:

Ranges from $11-160 depending on the size you want(2mm-12mm), free shipping in the US and 14 day money back guarantee. Seller has 99.6% feedback rating, and I don't think there's much to lose. I mean if it's not exactly what you want, send it back for a different item or receive a 100% refund.

To compare, Bluenile's 6mm 14k gold studs are $60, ebay seller is offering $28 (less than half) with free shipping!

18k-24k is pricier but still less than anywhere else I've seen online.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Fine-Jewelry-/4196/i.html?_from=R40&LH_BIN=1&_sop=15&Metal=Platinum%7CRose%2520Gold%7CWhite%2520Gold%7CYellow%2520Gold&_nkw=gold%20ball%20earrings&_dcat=164319&rt=nc&_pppn=r1&Metal%2520Purity=18k%7C22k&_udlo=48&_udhi

Chains are similarly low priced(A lot of the stuff on ebay is the surplus jewelry manufacturers have left over. It's the same stuff you'd get on BlueNile but half the price!): http://www.ebay.com/itm/14K-18-Ladies-Solid-Rose-Gold-Dainty-Light-Pendant-Cable-Chain-Necklace-SALE-/191175168738?pt=US_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item2c82ed92e2

Take a look, Ebay is number 1 for this case!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heart of Water on Etsy does amazing custom gold jewelry and is popular for setting colored stones. However Sally also has a range of simple 14 & 18k gold pieces like bands, earrings, pendants etc and her carved pieces are a work of art. I'm hoping to get a carved heart locket from her soon once I've saved up enough. :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just chiming in to say that I love gold and am always looking at it, whether or not I have any money to buy it. (And, no, I do not buy it if I cannot afford to buy it!) I love it when this thread pops up because I follow any new links I see, just as I love it when the The Gold Thread pops up! I love Etsy. I found someone there who I think could make me two more bangles if I want to expand my bangle set to be more symmetrical!

Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girls's Best Friend

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1405524215|3714430 said:
Just chiming in to say that I love gold and am always looking at it, whether or not I have any money to buy it. (And, no, I do not buy it if I cannot afford to buy it!) I love it when this thread pops up because I follow any new links I see, just as I love it when the The Gold Thread pops up! I love Etsy. I found someone there who I think could make me two more bangles if I want to expand my bangle set to be more symmetrical!

Deb/AGBF
Diamonds Are A Girls's Best Friend
Hi Deb! :wavey: You are a gal after my own heart. I love Roberto Coin! I have several pieces from the Basic Gold collection. It's not inexpensive, but the quality is fantastic. I like to browse eBay for RC finds too!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1405559932|3714746 said:
AGBF|1405524215|3714430 said:

Hi Deb! You are a gal after my own heart. I love Roberto Coin! I have several pieces from the Basic Gold collection. It's not inexpensive, but the quality is fantastic. I like to browse eBay for RC finds too!

I just saw this, starryeyed. I didn't mean to ignore you. If I hadn't been looking for the "correct" thread in which to post about a couple of pairs of earrings I am buying I might not have seen your posting for weeks or months more! Let us know if you find any Roberto Coin. And, if you do, please post about it in The Gold Thread where everyone will see it!!!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pencilcase|1404428256|3706299 said:
have you searched on etsy?
I haven't purchased form here, but they have affordable priced gold jewelery.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AurumBayJewelry

I noticed this vendor during my searches on Etsy, but didn't use him/her. I did, recently, commission two pairs of gold earrings from Etsy vendors (two different ones), one in 14K and the other in 24K. Both are absolutely tiny round studs, 3mm in size. I am going to describe them more in The Gold Thread.

The Gold Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-52']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/page-52[/URL]

AGBF

ruchiogale

Rough_Rock
I'd recommend you buy from RadiantBay. They are the reasonable in prices and their collection of jewellery designs is mind blowing.

Mintuouspiles

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Yes, you are absolutely right as when jewelries are concern then quality is one of the foremost factors that need utmost consideration. And if you are thinking of pendants or high quality rings then one of the best ways out is to pick pendants and rings of stones i.e. classy and catchy designs of sapphires stones. As, it beautifully gives a trendy chic look and as far as Blue Nile is concern I must say it’s really a smart choice. Moreover, it’s better if you prefer the online store Allsaphires.com. This is one of the perfect online stores for all the stuffs of your choice with in your framed budget.

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Definitely check out "totalheaven" on Ebay for gold ball studs:

http://stores.ebay.com/totalheaven

Perfect quality, terrific prices, great selection. I especially like the sparkling texture gold balls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results