shape
carat
color
clarity

Gaps in asscher set in cushion-shaped halo

suju

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring is a .90 ct asscher set in a cushion-shaped halo setting that was meant for a round cut stone, and I love it! But I don't love the gaps around the sides...I guess that's what happens when you put a square into a circle! I want to know if there's anything that can be done about it...larger stone? add some metal? If not, would a cushion fit in there without gaps? or does it HAVE to be a round?

Here's a link to the setting: https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER7045W83JJ/amavida

ering_8.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea I would NOT be happy with that look! Since you're setting was made for a round I would assume a round would fit best...I have an asscher in a halo but the halo was made to fit the asscher.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting isn't made for that stone. Buy a setting to for.the stone or get a different stone.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, no, no, :nono: that halo doesn't fit with your diamond. Those gaps would make me crazy.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cushion would not fit in your setting without gaps because a cushion is not round! You'd still have areas of space between the stone and the setting.

Because the space for the stone is round…..then only a round stone will fit with no gaps.

Can you swap out the setting?? Or return it and get a very similar setting through another vendor that is made specifically for your stone?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last I checked, Gabriel & Co can customize their settings to suit whatever shape of stone you have - is there any reason your vendor did not do this?

suju

Rough_Rock
I did some googling earlier and found that they indeed do customizations. I don't know why the store didn't do it, but I just sent in a request. Hopefully I can just swap it out!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's not good. I would demand that be fixed. Frankly I can't believe they thought it would be acceptable.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, that setting is for a round stone only. If you chose that setting and asked them to order it, I am not sure they'll allow a return. You did need to ask what settings could be adapted for an asscher before ordering. I do think the jeweler was very wrong to order than without telling you it wouldn't be appropriate, though.

Asschers are normally put in halo settings of this shape. The prongs would be different for an asscher, though.

https://eshop.gabrielny.com/product/ER6308W83JJ/amavida

Beverley K makes settings for asschers:

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/beverley-k/products/beverley-k-asscher-cut-diamond-engagement-ring

http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/beverley-k/products/beverley-k-framed-square-diamond-engagement-ring (cushion halo with asscher...but I'd make absolutely certain that the opening is for a square stone)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1432521050|3880845 said:
Yeah, that's not good. I would demand that be fixed. Frankly I can't believe they thought it would be acceptable.

Ive seen it before

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1432522045|3880850 said:
Gypsy|1432521050|3880845 said:

Ive seen it before

My bet is that that is an example of someone just buying a setting out of the jewelry case and not a special order.

In this case, I have to wonder if this was a stock setting or whether the diamond was actually sent to Gabriel and Co to have the setting made and to be set.

suju

Rough_Rock
My fiancé ordered it so I don't know exactly what happened. I just showed him the setting I liked and told him I like asschers. I thought they would have customized it or something to make it work :doh: Worst case scenario, I'll switch out the stone for a round

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello - I had the exact same problem. Except my centre is a princess. I found the only way I'll acheive the perfect look is having it customs set in a new setting made for my stone. My gaps and metal annoy me so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results