shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Bright PINK Morganite about 6cts for ring.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello All,

I have been off the website for a few months due to working 100+ hours a week during tax season and recent surgery. Anyway I am back trying to find a pink Morganite for me nephew to give to his fiance. It's her favorite stone but the pure pink color not peach. I tried my usual contact (Michael at Litnon/Gemline) but he could not find one like this at the moment. I want a bright pink (which I know is hard to achieve in a smaller stone) with no irradiation or treatment other than possibly heat.

I know this forum is my best bet for finding one in the shortest time frame since everyone here is plugged in to many vendors.

Sincerely,
Maurice

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Neil,

I did see that one but with a rating of 83.3% only 36 feedback and $300/ct I didn't think it was worth the price or risk. Have you dealt with them?

Sincerely,
Maurice

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MJO|1432494859|3880746 said:
Hello Neil,

I did see that one but with a rating of 83.3% only 36 feedback and $300/ct I didn't think it was worth the price or risk. Have you dealt with them?

Sincerely,
Maurice
I have not though I believe others have. Hopefully they'll chime in.

S

SparkliesLuver

Bright pink, check. You said smaller stone but what does that mean? Budget? Any particular shape or one(s) to avoid?

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1432496982|3880753 said:
Hello Neil,

Sincerely,
Maurice

I have purchased from Wilds Global Minerals on eBay and found them to be very knowledgeable, responsive and reputable. They do offer a full refund within 10 days (per the listing - but in my email correspondence they told me I could take longer), although I was very happy with the sapphire I purchased from them I had no reason to think they wouldn't have honored the return if I had not been. There has been one negative feedback on EBay in the last 12 months with a comment that makes no sense, and all the rest of the ratings are positive, so I wouldn't consider that a significant risk. Their prices do tend toward the high side, though.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Marlow|1432658346|3881282 said:
http://www.gemartservices.com/stones.php?id=mor007

A nice stone...

It looks peachy pink to me. I need a more pure pink.

Thank you. Please keep them coming.

Maurice

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
SparkliesLuver|1432661211|3881302 said:
Bright pink, check. You said smaller stone but what does that mean? Budget? Any particular shape or one(s) to avoid?

t
Hello,

As the title says around 6cts which is small to get a good deep pink. Round, Oval or Cushion Maybe pair. No Heart or Marquise. My nephew wants to give it to his fiance as a wedding present. He gave her an unheated blue sapphire I found him with the help of Jerry Gil of Paraiba International.

I would think I could find one at about $200/ct tops if they are around.

Regards,
Maurice

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
carmen1|1432675419|3881431 said:
Niel|1432496982|3880753 said:
Hello Neil,

Sincerely,
Maurice

I have purchased from Wilds Global Minerals on eBay and found them to be very knowledgeable, responsive and reputable. They do offer a full refund within 10 days (per the listing - but in my email correspondence they told me I could take longer), although I was very happy with the sapphire I purchased from them I had no reason to think they wouldn't have honored the return if I had not been. There has been one negative feedback on EBay in the last 12 months with a comment that makes no sense, and all the rest of the ratings are positive, so I wouldn't consider that a significant risk. Their prices do tend toward the high side, though.

OK I will contact them as long as I know someone here has used them and been happy. I do think $300/ct is way to high unless it is a VIVID stone but it doesn't look if from the Pic's. I will see.

Thanks,
Maurice

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing at Paraiba International or Pala?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give an example of the color you're looking for. I think most morganites have a tiny bit of orange to them. I don't think I've ever seen a pure pure pink. They're more like padparadscha color for the nicer ones.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Jeff White has/had some beautiful morganite rough.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I didn't get a chance to look today. My van blew a head gasket and I had to get another car. Will call them tomorrow. Thanks all for the ideas.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I called Paraiba International today. They were at the Vegas Show. Jerry told me he had a few that fit the bill. I will go to the city next week.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Would it be possible for you to take photos of the contenders while you are there? Its so helpful to see photos - and makes for great eye candy to boot!

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1432874711|3882573 said:
Great! Would it be possible for you to take photos of the contenders while you are there? Its so helpful to see photos - and makes for great eye candy to boot!

Sure thing but my picture taking skills are awful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results