shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-beautiful earrings! Yay!! I hope you're 100% satisfied with them. I think the reason I never think about wearing earrings is because I can't see my ears.

Rod- I'll have to buy my phone at the AT&T store. We don't have anything fancy like an Apple store where I live. We also don't have any stores that sell Tumi. Marcy is the first person I had ever heard of that bought that brand. Yep, I live in the middle of nowhere! Your backpack looks like a great size, btw.

Dee*Jay-I do believe I'd kill myself on the elliptical thing you bought. Balance is NOT my thing. After my spinal injury, I had a lot of PT to work on balance but I only improved so much. My little extra keyboard lost one of it's little keys. Kinda useless now.

Hi Zoe!

Long weekend! YAY!!! I have a list of stuff I would love to get done this weekend, starting with a trip to the AT&T store. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you have a great time in Michigan DeeJay.

Deegee, even if you don't have an Apple Store, you can buy your phone from Apple and they ship it to you. There's nothing wrong with getting at AT&T though. Make sure you add AppleCare+ (even if you get it from AT&T). It's $99, but it gets you two iPhone replacements at $79/phone over two years. It also gives you tech support for two years.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Rainy Saturday!

Rod, I ordered a case for my iPad from Tumi today. I’ve had the Air 2 since it came out but kept using my Tumi case for the Air. The camera hole doesn’t line up correctly and it’s a bit snug plus too deep. We bought Marty a new smart case at Simply Mac last night but he picked up a case for the Air 2 rather than the Air. So I took it back this morning and swapped it for the Air but he didn’t like the color. We went back after lunch today and he didn’t like any of the color options so I decided I’d try the Air 2 case in red. It falls over on me on my lap so I took it back. 4 trips to Simply Mac and I only ended up with a new phone case. Marty always makes me get Apple care and he has it on his MacBook Pro since he travels with it but guess who has smashed their iPad at our house? Yep, he has not me. He knocked it off his bar downstairs right on to tile floor. You could still use it just the glass was smashed. He was leaving late that day for an overseas trip so he bought a new one, transferred his stuff and he was on his way. Yes, he bought Apple care for that iPad. I bought my phone at Best Buy and their Geek Squad protection on it was about the same price as Apple Care but replacement cost was cheaper so I tried it this time.

Deegee, I keep considering sending my ring back to WF to thin it down. I’ve also considered having them make me a custom channel set with 3 pointers and have them alter diamonds and sapphires. Do you still like yours better? No one really sees my ears either but I know earrings are there. I do use a headband or pull my hair back sometimes though. Yes, I am very satisfied with my earrings. I did chuckle that you live in the middle of nowhere; I am sure my area qualifies for that as well. At least Denver is close so we can go shopping in the big city. I hope you get your phone okay this weekend.

Dee Jay, I hope you are having fun in Michigan.

Zoe, I bet you are getting anxious to get your summer break started.

I got off work early yesterday. I went down to hang out in the man cave and was sad Marty quit working when I got home. I wanted to set down in the recliner and start yelling “Beer!” He ruined my fun. We went out to supper and made our first stop at Simply Mac and then wandered around Lowes.

This morning Marty played golf and I went to Simply Mac for round 2 and also bought a few groceries. We went out for lunch, went back to Simply Mac and saw 4 C41 setting on the airport runway so we went and watched them take off. That was cool. We stopped by DQ then and had a blizzard. Some old friends came in while we were there so they set with us and we caught up with them.

I took some pictures of my earrings this morning. I did have a few brief periods of sunlight so I got busy.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy / Curby

PS. I did have a curb incident yesterday and today. I haven't checked my tires or wheels because Marty might catch me and I'll have some explaining to do. :lol:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, ahem, where are the pics of the new sparklies you took? Sounds like a lot of shopping at Simply Mac, but not too successfully. I'm sure you'll like the Tumi Air 2 case. Today was the first time I got to go out with my new Tumi Sling. We went to Tommy Bahama first to use $100 off they sent us (we each got a couple new shirts), then we went to Starbucks and had coffee and read on our iPad's. The new case was just perfect!

We stopped off at our favorite Chinese Restaurant. Not inexpensive, but oh sooooo good. Charlie's making cabbage, bacon and veggie soup tonight. That's what he wants for dinner tomorrow. I'll likely get crabs again and I bought some beautiful fresh white corn to go with the crabs.

I hope you guys are having a nice weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I'll attach a few of my new photos. I think I'll start a thread in the SMTB too. I've had the Tumi case for all my versions of Ipads and I like how solid they feel to protect the iPad and they prop at just the right angle for me. I am glad your sling is working so well. That's great you and Charlie got a big discount at Tommy Bahamas; woo hoo to new shirts! Marty got a $50 off to Tommy Bahama too. He loves their shirts. You guys are dining well this weekend! Enjoy.

img_8042.jpg

img_8043.jpg

img_8044.jpg

img_8045.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-we can't seem to make it to the ATT store, so I may order one instead. The nice thing about going to the ATT store is that they take the amount of your trade off your next bill. Gazelle offered $5 more than ATT store, but I'll go that route if I end up ordering. You and Marcy are making me feel bad about my el-cheapie $6 iPad mini case from Amazon! I've had this iPad for a year, and have had 5 cases because can't find one I like. That's why I ordered el-cheapie!

Marcy-your earrings look absolutely beautiful! They're a good size too. I still love my band and am so glad I had it thinned. It really makes the diamonds stand out. It's still a very sturdy ring too. I keep meaning to take a few pics for you by itself, but my brain is so full I can't remember anything anymore! A band with alternating sapphires would be gorgeous. A lady at work has a band with alternating diamonds and emeralds. She had it custom made, and I absolutely love it. I'm more into reds and blues, so I'd love to have one with sapphires or rubies. I'm about 3.5 hours to a decent city, so we really have to plan a shopping g trip. My Indian national coworkers have sure had a culture shock being around here. Some of them are quite miserable, I think.

Today I slept until noon. I went to bed at 4:30 am, so I don't consider that sleeping too terribly late. I did laundry while Matt tackled the yard. I can't convince him that hiring someone would be a good idea. I think it's a man thing...our yard is a beast because we live on the side of a freakin mountain, and he doesn't want to admit it's too much for him. I had problem admitting this house was too much for me and hiring cleaners to come every week! We headed out this evening with the intention of going to the ATT store, but I ended up taking waaayyy to long in Pier One trying to pick out throw pillows (which I bought and am taking back on Monday), and the ATT store closed before I could get there. Story of my life! Matt and I took a short walk with Lily when we got home, and I'm negating any good I did by walking with drinking too many appletini's while reading on the couch. But hey...I bought the ingredients plus martini glasses and a cocktail shaker last night. I had to try it out! Tomorrow we will head to my parents to tackle the yard work. We're also celebrating my niece's 13th birthday and my sister's birthday, so it will be a fun day. Have a wonderful Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Deegee, I have a drawer full of cheapie cases from Amazon too. Some of them are so slick I drop my iPad or phone and you’d think I’d be smart enough to throw them away instead of saving them so I can repeat dropping them on the floor another time. I have had Tumi cases for most of my iPads and I like how sturdy they are for a klutz like me. Marty and I have both ordered our phones directly from Verizon before; it works great plus you don’t have to stand in line at the store.

I am glad you really like your ring thinned down. I like the weight of both the WF band and the Tiffany band so I guess that is why I continue to hesitate having that done. I would rather go with the thinner band and smaller diamonds but it seems silly to have 3 bands to wear. And each one I wear is my “favorite” when I wear it. Maybe going with the alternating sapphires would justify going that route. Rubies would look fabulous too.

A 3.5 trip to the big city does definitely make it a voyage for you guys. I can get to that jewelry store I shop at in 90 minutes. The place Marty likes to shop is about 2 hours from our house so overall it’s not bad. We can get home in a decent time; you guys probably get home pretty late on shopping days.

I bet your coworkers from Indian are quite miserable here. Have most of them picked up warm clothes by now? The weather must be a shock to them as well.

Thank for you the compliments on my earrings. The sun came out so I’ve been taking pictures today. I haven’t even showered yet.

I hope Matt decides to hire a lawn / yard service. We’ve had one for over 10 years now and they do a great job for us.

Glad you tried out your new martini glasses and shaker. We like to go wander around Pier 1 too.

Marty is marinating London broil for us for dinner today. We’ll probably do veggies with it. Maybe the rain will hold off and we may be able to cook on the grill. Woo hoo!

Off to the shower. Here are a few of the pictures I got of the earrings in sunlight.

Marcy / Curby

_350.jpeg

_351.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more - ignore my nails. I used the clippers last night but haven't filed them yet.

_352.jpeg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, they are simply STUNNIN! I'd have to get some apparatus to attach to my head with mirrors on both sides to be able to see them during the day!! Enjoy the London Broil. I just got back from picking up the live blue crabs. I was #1 this morning, so I got ALL the jumbos!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod. My parents had a 3 way mirror in their bathroom with great lighting. I wonder if the guy that bought their house would let me go use it to check out my earrings. :lol:

That's great you were #1 this morning and got jumbo blue crabs. Marty is starting the grill now for our veggies and London Broil :lickout: We are both eating well today.

Dee Jay, here is a picture of those dangle earrings. They are light weight but certainly okay for cheap earrings.

Marcy

img_8069.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working on more laundry today - sheets, table cloths, etc. Marty is playing golf in Colorado. I have no idea when he'll be back so I had some chips and salsa to curb my growling stomach. I never know if he'll eat or not when he goes out of town to play golf. I usually don't guess correctly either.

We've had more sunshine today but it did rain a little bit. Forecast calls for warmer and dryer weather so hopefully we'll get back to at least springlike weather.

I enjoyed not going to work today.

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've had a nice semi-lazy day. Charlie decided to go through the master closet and put sweaters on the upper shelves, which means he decided I needed to try on clothes and put what didn't look nice anymore in the Goodwill pile. Then he decided to see what was in the storage unit we could get rid of, so 4 briefcases, a suitcase and some silk flowers were added to the pile.

We dropped everything off at Goodwill, then went to Panera for lunch. I really like the Soba Noodle Bowls. Starbucks is next door, wo we went there and had coffee and we split a blueberry scone. We're having fresh salmon and corn on the cob for dinner and I have a few crabs left over from last night to finish as well. For desert, we're having Magnum chocolate and raspberry ice-cream bars, which are soooooo yummy!

I hope you've all had a great holiday weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, what kind of keyboard did you have? Is it something that “snaps” onto an iphone like the Typo? And yes, tell Matt to DEFINITELY get some yard help!

Curby, all these fabulous pics of your ECs make me want some too! I saw a lady in an elevator one time that had a three stone EC ring that is still swimming around in my head!

Rod, please tell Charlie when he’s done with your closets mine will still be waiting! It is so cathartic though – getting rid of “stuff”!

The CB and I had a good time in Michigan. We ate too much, drank too much, and didn’t sleep enough! The weather was really good… until we headed home yesterday. About half way it was raining to hard we decided to pull off and have lunch in a little town on the lake. It was a pretty mediocre dining experience but at least the rain passed before we got back on the road.

I’m in full blown annual review mode at my company. I kind of dread this every year, but once I get started I’m like “Full Steam Ahead!”

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Back to Work Tuesday!

Rod, I am glad you had nice semi lazy day yesterday. Good idea to clean out stuff for the Goodwill. I need to do the same. After you and Charlie get Dee Jay’s closet cleaned out can you stop by and clean mine out too? We’ve got lots of booze. I have not tried the Magnum raspberry bars; i will pick some up. Now that Marty has his braces off I can pick up crunchy shell stuff like that again.

Dee Jay, a 3 stone EC ring is definitely a cool looking ring. I tried on one once with 6.5 ctw and feel in love with it instantly. I quickly decided I couldn’t outrun the policeman at the door though so I gave it back. Glad to hear you had a nice time in Michigan and you were able to set out the storm somewhere. Ugh to annual review time. Have fun!

Work was okay today. I got 2 procedures done this afternoon and installed the latest round of magic macros that make our life easier.

We had burgers on the grill for supper and mashed potatoes. Then Marty drove me to post office for exploring for a backroad to work. We have barely had any warm days and stupid road construction is popping up everywhere. It took me 10 minutes extra this morning to get to work. I guess I’ll take the highway around town for awhile. No curbs on the highway; I should be safe.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back DeeJay. I'm glad you had a nice time away. Charlie appreciates both kind offers from you and Marcy, but you guys will have deal with your own messes! Ha!

Marcy, I did laugh at the mental image of you trying to run out of a jewelry store with a 6.5 carat ring on your finger!

It was so hard to get up and go to work this morning. I know when the time comes for me to no longer have to work, I'll be very good at it. Yes I will.

Nothing else to really report on. At least it's a shorter work week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I guess I'll have to come up with more than alcohol to get you and Charlie to Wyoming. You'll be worried it might snow while you are here and I can honestly never guarantee that won't happen. :lol

Marty would have been pretty astonished if I'd ran out of his favorite watch store with that ring on and leaving him behind. I could claim I was leaving him there as collateral and I just wanted to see it in sunlight - in Wyoming. I'm sure everyone would be fine with that.

I am with you; I think I'll be good at not working. I was considering taking off Friday this week but then next week would be more difficult with having 5 entire days when they expect me to be productive. I do need to get my car in for it's 15,000 mile maintenance and I hate going on Saturdays.

Laters,
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I know I'm missing things so I want to go back and catch up, but I wanted to post before leaving for work.

Deegee, I'm sorry to hear that your uncle passed away recently. It sounded like so many people really loved him, and that's great to hear. How is your family doing?

Marcy, beautiful earrings!

Rod, I like your new bag. It looks like it would hold a lot without being too bulky.

Dee*Jay, my sister and I gave our travel list of places we'd like to go for our family vacation to my mom. She and my dad will pick the destination from our short list and theirs and plan most of the trip. On our short list is Hawaii (my dream vacation!), maybe the southern or mid coast of CA, and Hilton Head, SC. SC may be out though because we'll go in the summer and it might be too hot. We won't be going for another year or two. That actually works out really well because it will give us all a chance to save and also, my sister wants to have another baby first.

It was a nice Memorial Day weekend for us. We worked on cleaning and organizing the garage. It's now mostly done but there's still a bit left to do before everything is put away and organized just so. D. applied for a few jobs at local hospitals, and he's been in touch with a recruiter who works for a company specializing in healthcare (or is it healthcare IT? -- I can't remember). He also heard from HR about his severance package. It's surprisingly a better package than we thought it would be, so that's good. The funny thing is that last week he got his five year pin for dedication and hard work. (He's actually been an employee in total for over 14 years, but he left the company for a few years before returning.) The message thanked him for his service and it went on to say how grateful they are for him being part of their team. My first thought was, "yeah, well, gratefulness only goes so far, seeing as how they're kicking you to the curb in a month." It's okay though, there are no hard feelings. The timing of this gift was a bit funny though. :bigsmile:

Okay, gotta run!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, this ring was 8 carats total if it was a speck. HUGE and FIREY. I openly stared, ha ha!

Rod, I booked my Florida trip so I can come down either Sunday 9/20 or Monday 9/21. And any time is fine with me but I know you guys will be working so just pick whatever is best for you. And of course we don't have to decide right now since it's four months away, but I just wanted to mention the dates while I was thinking of it.

Zoe, I’m glad your DH got a better package than you were expecting. And LOL on the five year pin for dedication and hard work – that’s CLASSIC!

Last night the CB picked me up and we tried to sit outside and have cocktails on the veranda. It was perfectly clear and slightly breezy… we went inside to grab chairs and mix drinks… we came back out and it was raining. WTF? I swept the floor a bit, but didn’t do much else beyond that. Tonight though I’ve got to get organized because we leave for Vegas tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Zoe, good idea for all of you to make a list of vacation places. Also thanks for reminding me SC will be boiling hot next August. I am not looking forward to that 2 weeks; luckily I’ll have a beach to occupy my time. I am glad your husband’s severance package turned out to be better than anticipated. It is rather ironic they gave him his 5-year pin and said how grateful they are for his service. It’s a nice gesture but they could have shown more sensitivity for his current situation.

Dee Jay, I would have openly stared at that 8-carat beauty. Darn it anyway that by the time you and CB got outside last night it started raining. Have fun in Vegas! If you meet Vera from WF tell her hi for me. She was disappointed to hear I wasn’t going to the GTG. She is one of the nice ladies I’ve corresponded with at Whiteflash. I hope you win something pretty. I am sure I could talk Marty in to going to that.

I’ve got a rabbit on my laptop and my iPad. BRATS! Our cleaning lady left 2 of them chewing on their stuffed carrot, the original Killer Rabbit is buried under my teddy bears and my Killer Rabbit looks like he’s whispering in my teddy bear’s ear. It’s funny that she poses our critters for us when she cleans.

We ordered pizza for supper. They called and said they sent me the wrong pizza (my small one) and they were sending another one. My replacement pizza got here before our original order. The first driver got lost. You can’t find our address on GPS or google; the street is new. So I guess Papa Johns is sending us coupons for free pizza. Woo hoo! We ate at about 7 and I ordered it about 5:40.

Mother Nature looks like she’s pretty angry with someone in my neighborhood. I think I’ll text me friend that lives a few blocks away and ask her what the heck she did?

Have a great evening and Thursday.

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, it will be nice to see you after all these years. It has to have been at least 6 years ago the last time we had dinner? We'll look forward to it. We can decide where to go as your trip get's closer.

Marcy, when you say rabbits, you mean "real" rabbits? Yumm to Pizza. We don't get it very often, so when Charlie relents and lets us have some, it's such a treat!

Zoe, yes it's Healthcare IT. It's too bad you guys aren't down here in the Tampa area. There are lot's of Healthcare IT jobs in Florida. I'm glad the severance package was better than expected.

Loooooooooooooong day at work, but it was at least decent. I was at my desk at 8 AM and didn't leave until after 6.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I have 2 of the stuffed Killer Rabbits with their mouths locked on my laptop. They are about the size of your hand and built around a large clip. They have little felt teeth. They can grip on to things and of course Marty is quite good at making it look like they are talking or singing. Marty and I are easily entertained. Glad your day was decent, sorry it was so long.

Here is a picture of one of the rabbits with a Serbian soldier. When Marty was there they had a military parade celebrating 70 years anniversary after liberation. They had live tanks, missiles, rockets, etc. It was quite a sight to see. One of the ladies from the local office thought the rabbit was really funny and asked the soldier to pose with it. He didn't want to and couldn't figure out how it worked so she squeezed the end of the clip and the solder took it and started laughing. That is when Marty snapped the photo. Marty said it was the only time he smiled because he really didn't want to pose for a photo.

_30641.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Hi. I worked today. Boo. Met a friend for lunch and tonight we had supper with 2 other couples and played cards. It was a nice evening. Sadly it's time to get ready for bed already.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Have a great day.
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photo, Marcy!

Tampa's tempting, Rod. Warm weather, palm trees...ahhhh.

Hi Dee*Jay and Deegee.

So D. spoke with the healthcare IT recruiter yesterday, and now D's convinced that he wants to focus on contract work, at least for the time being. The recruiter didn't have anything suitable at the moment, but D. has high hopes. Of course I want to respect and support his decisions, but the whole contract work thing makes me nervous. I'm a nervous Nelly and I'd prefer that he find something permanent because it would (seemingly, at least) be more stable than working for X amount of time and then having to look for something else. Job searching constantly would drive me nuts and I'd be a nervous wreck. But it's not all about me, as D. so *kindly* pointed out. :cheeky: D. pointed out that fields that were once thought as stable (like mine, for example) aren't always so, as we have unfortunately found out twice now.

Not much else is going on. I may meet a friend for lunch tomorrow and we're going to try bringing one of our cats to the vet for their yearly check up. Hopefully we can get a last minute appointment because both of their check ups are overdue. It's been in the high 80s all week. It's supposed to cool down this weekend and it's supposed to rain on Sunday. We need it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend is Here Again!

Zoe, thanks. Seeing a full-blown military parade in a foreign country is not something you get to do every day. I would be worried about contract work too but nothing is a sure thing anymore. I hope you have a nice time visiting with your friend. We are hopefully warming up and getting less rain here.

I didn’t sleep well last night and I almost called in sick to work today. Marty is at the golf course and asked if I wanted to come out for a drink but I declined. I had enough of that last night which of course probably was most of my problem sleeping last night. I hope to sleep in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Marcy-i love that pic of the soldier with the killer rabbit! It's cute that your cleaning lady poses your animals. I think our cleaners are afraid to touch anything. I finally made it to the ATT store yesterday, and the lady who helped me had on a graduated 5-stone EC engagement ring. It was sooo pretty. I have no idea how to tell sizes of EC's, but the center looked smaller than my boss's 1ct EC, so the stones weren't huge but WOW, the ring was beautiful. She needed your earrings! My Indian coworkers are okay with the weather now, but were miserable during the winter. They couldn't wait to see snow, and then they couldn't wait for it to go away. The below zero days were "unacceptable." One girl is moving to Orlando this weekend, and will commute in on Mondays and return home on Fridays because she can't stand the thoughts of another winter!

Zoe-my uncle was a retired, well loved pastor who touched many lives. People have been posting so many pictures on his FB page of weddings he officiated, summer camps he led, trips, outings. As a retiree, he belonged to a group that traveled around the country building handicap ramps and making home repairs for people, all for free. I think about 110% of his time was dedicated to helping people. I'd be kind of worried about the contract work thing too. I realize nothing is stable, necessarily. Matt is a contractor, but he works for an engineering contracting firm which has proven more stable than working for a particular company. I hope your DH finds a great opportunity!

Rod-I think I'd be good at not working too. I'm really burned out right now, and it's a real struggle for me to get myself to work every day. I'm working such long days that I felt like I was doing something terribly wrong the day I left after 8 hours! I am not much of a seafood person, but I'm learning to eat crabmeat in small doses. I don't like shrimp because of a texture thing, but I don't have the same texture issue with crab. At a restaurant in the outer banks I had filet mignon with lump crabmeat on top, which was really good. I bet you know how to fix it so that it tastes delicious!

Dee*Jay-have a blast in Vegas! My keyboard was a Logitech, I think. It connects by Bluetooth and you just click the device into a little holder tray thingie. Now nearly as fancy as yours! When the iPad wasn't clicked in, you could use it as a case for the front side. I lost a key and then got an iPad mini, so it's history now.

I have done absolutely nothing today. Matt is playing softball in the corporate cup tournament. One of his coworkers from Louisville is staying with us for the weekend because she is on the softball team and it's a 4 hour drive from Louisville. I should be a good wife and go watch the tournament, but it's 95 outside and I don't really feel like sitting in the heat watching softball all day! We went last night to Live on the Levee (live music) but didn't stay long because the group was terrible. The lead singer couldn't sing, and I'm pretty sure he was making up words as he went. I think I'll throw in a load of laundry and take a nap. Have a good weekend!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matt's team made it to the championship game, which is tomorrow. If I had gone to watch today, I would have jinxed them and they would have lost. Good move on my part! I just talked to mom, and dad is back in the hospital with a bad infection and high fever. Please send good thoughts their way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good thoughts to your parents and you, Deegee.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Deegee, Marty said the solder wasn’t very happy about posing but the rabbit made him laugh. Our cleaning lady is the DIL of a friend of ours so she kind of knows us. So did you get your iPhone? Did you get the 6 or the plus? A 5 stone EC ring would be pretty. I’d love to be able to afford an EC eternity band. That’ll be on my list when I win the lotto. Wow that is quite a commute from Miami; she’ll still have to deal with winter during the week though. I am sure cold winters are a shock to their system. Your uncle sounds like a wonderful man who impacted many people’s lives. That is wonderful people are posting memories of him on FB. That’s great Matt team advanced to the championship game. I am glad you are relaxing this weekend.

We met my sister and her family at Buca di Beppo for supper tonight in Denver. It’s my birthday so I invited everyone out to celebrate with me. We all ate way too much but it was fun and nice to see everyone.

Have a nice Sunday!

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deegee, I hope your dad feels better and that he's able to go home soon. Congratulations to Matt for making the championships! I think my husband also wants to search for contracting firms that can send him on jobs in addition to working with a recruiter. He's looking on his own, too, and he's applied for a few things out there. He's pretty excited about the possibilities.

Marcy, happy birthday!

Dee*Jay, you're in LV, right? I'm sure you're having a great time!

Hi Rod!

It's pouring today, and it actually feels nice to be cooped up. We went out for breakfast and then did a quick run through the grocery store. We found a (new to us) TV show to watch on Netflix, so we've caught a few episodes so far. I did meet my friend and her daughter yesterday. We had lunch, went to a museum, and then went out for ice cream. It was a fun day. I passed on the ice cream and got a frozen lemonade instead. Who knows how healthy the frozen lemonade was, but it had to be better than the ice cream. I had a caprese salad with grilled chicken for lunch, so that was a healthy choice. I do need to get back to the gym though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Zoe, I am glad your husband is excited about possibilities for jobs. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am glad one of us made it to the grocery store. I wasn’t as motivated as you there. It sounds like you had a nice time with your friend and her daughter. Have a good week.

I slept in until about 8:30. How did I ever live this long without complete blackout window coverings? I meet Marty for a drink about 12:30 and then we went out for lunch. I’ve been working on my club newsletter and laundry. Sadly tomorrow is Monday already.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results