clarity

My CS Year 2015

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1431091672|3873949 said:
dk168|1431049435|3873759 said:
Acinom|1431048275|3873749 said:
That's great news DK!! Congrats with this 6 month job. It sure is a great start. When is your first day?

Mon 18 May, and no more dreaded polo shirts, and I can wear business bling!

DK :bigsmile:

Enjoy a full week of pre-new-job holiday celebration!
And yay for no polo shirts and a lot of business bling. And yay to the gunmetal spinel :lol:

What holiday?!

I have been asked to stay on by my current boss for another 2 weeks, therefore, I officially finish on Fri 15 May, and start the new job the following Mon 18 May. It is my choice, as I have already got a week of holiday booked for June, July, Sep and Nov! :bigsmile:

I am glad I can wear my smarter work wardrobe after 5 years for certain. However, it does mean more ironing to do, and I may ask the young lady that does my cleaning to help me with the ironing. Housework is not my forte! :oops: :lol:

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1431100303|3874015 said:
Congratulations - its a win-win-win! 1) $$; 2) opportunity to wear bling!!! 3) Since you'll be working, less time to be tempted with more stones that you must have. :bigsmile:

Eh, there is ALWAYS time to ogle at jewellery, it is one of my favourite waste of time!

And thank you for the kind words.

DK :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a JD gunmetal spinel winging its way to me:

__57_0.jpg
__57b.jpg

Stats:

Weight - 1.02ct
Size - 7.05 X 5.43 x 3.44 mm
Clarity - eye clean
No treatment

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! It was calling out your name. Is this to celebrate your new job?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was, however, it is now a cheer me up as the car is off the road pending on yet another major repair, hey ho.

I made the decision not to do long journeys after she is repaired, cancelled my planned camping trips so that I can work more days in order to save towards a new car.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your car :((
Hopefully the new job and the 'car metallic grey' stone will cheer you up.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your car troubles DK, the spinel looks beautiful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Sensible choice DK! The new spinel's colour is mysteriously alluring.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The spinel is great - nice purplish grey!!!

We are so crazy - we love on one hand neon pink and vivid blue spinel and on the other hand pure grey!!!! :D

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love greys, they go with everything IMHO.

This is the setting I have in mind for the gunmetal spinel, in white gold, it is quite masculine, however, it suits my chunky finger:

ruby_2_oblique.jpg

Just need to find suitable side stones, and I would like a nice pair of trillion pink spinels or tourmalines.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JD's gunmetal grey spinel is better than expected, very sparkly.

I have added this little yellow sapphire baguette to my collection of CSs for the multi-gem bombe ring, it is only 0.18ct and measures 3.6mm x 2.5mm, however, it is a nice vibrant yellow:
yellowsapphirepoint18ct01.jpg

More pics of both to follow later.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, although the sapphire is the right colour and goes well with the rest of the CSs, it is way to small compared with the others. Therefore, I need to find a bigger yellow stone in a rectangular shape.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful yellow DK! Where did you find it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's from redsilkgems of eBay, shame that it is too small, as the colour is lovely.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Photos of your new spinel please DK!

The sapphire is so pretty! Do have any new plans for it yet?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1432331948|3880242 said:
It's from redsilkgems of eBay, shame that it is too small, as the colour is lovely.

Will you keep it? It's an amazing colour. Do you have a different purpose for it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if the sapphire is big enough for a tension-set ring, I suspect it may consign to the box marked "learner stones and mistakes". :oops: :roll: :lol:

I promise to take some pic of the gunmetal grey spinel later.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I think the sapphire would look amazing as an accent stone in a pendant set above a Tahitian pearl, diamond or gemstone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great, would love to see your take on the gunmetal stone.
Do you have a group pic of your learner stones? The sappire is way to beautiful to not use it! I agree with Ricezo's suggestion to use it for a pendant.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much as I like the idea of using the yellow sapphire as an accent stone in a pendant, for my build and size, it will simply disappear around my neck. :oops:

I am not looking for suitable baroque pearls as pendant drops in 20mm+ sizes for no reason - anything smaller will look insignificant on me.

Good thing about being plus size - I need and can carry bigger jewellery pieces. :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bagged this trillion 2.62ct/8.82mm x 6.51mm amethyst this morning as a little pick me up. :bigsmile:

jd2p62ctamethysttrillion.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing DK! Congrats!!!!
I love these 'pick me up's' you seem to collect.
Do you have a group pic with your stone collection?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trillion amethyst is kind of a celebratory buy as I finally start my new job tomorrow, woo hoo!

It's from JD, and I have asked him to hold back from sending it to me, as I have my eyes on a few more stones. :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

I do not have a group pic of my CSs, as quite a few of them I am unlikely to set as they are not that good quality.

I shall set this amethyst in the diamondmounts' flower setting for trillion stones as I love that setting.

And I have kind of decided on the setting for the gunmetal spinel, a chunky ring with a bit of bling for day wear:

__57__14_b.jpg

Or this one, as I also love this setting:

_t2ec16f__wse9suw_zbdbsiohs3_dw__60_12_0.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the colour of your new amethyst! TDF!

Hmmm re the spinel, the two settings you posted are so different but I like them both! What are you leaning towards?

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
I like that ame a lot.......Another good buy.......

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8-) what does your short term and longer term jewelry planning look like? You are quite a busy bee!!!
Enjoy starting your new job tomorrow :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1432723781|3881705 said:
I LOVE the colour of your new amethyst! TDF!

Hmmm re the spinel, the two settings you posted are so different but I like them both! What are you leaning towards?

Thanks ricezo.

I am leaning towards the more masculine ring due to the colour of the spinel, as the other one is more girly/fluffy that is more suited for a pinkish red CS.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1432739215|3881809 said:
8-) what does your short term and longer term jewelry planning look like? You are quite a busy bee!!!
Enjoy starting your new job tomorrow :wavey:

Short term: I am eyeing a few CSs on JD's site as per usual, nothing too expensive; the RH amethyst will be set next; and I would like to set some of my CSs in not too expensive settings to increase the size of my work wear CS ring wardrobe (currently 2, may be 3 if I wear one with a ring sizer).

Long term: Pay off the JW Danburite by the end of the year (earlier if I can), a green/blue tourmaline from Gene is still on the card, and a 6ct+ EC aqua with JW for next year, and perhaps a trillion blue zircon with JW. Still looking for a suitable raspberry red round stone approximately 6mm for a flower ring.

Like you, the list is forever changing! :bigsmile:

And thanks for your good wishes.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite an impressive list DK!
My list consists of finalizing / setting a total of 5 stones :twisted:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the latest setting inspiration for the RH amethyst, with paved diamonds on the asymmetrical bars, plain shank, no millgrain, in platinum:

il_570xn_138.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results