shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 2.5ct H, SI2 Aset, Idealscope, Diamond image?

upgrade-me

Rough_Rock
This GIA diamond is being held at Whiteflash for me. It is a H, SI2 diamond and was told that it shows whiter than an H. That may be in part due to HCA of 1. I noticed 2 inclusions: a) a white inclusion at the 6 o'clock hour b) another white inclusion between 12 o'clock and the center. I was told that only the white inclusion at 6 o'clock is visible of which most of it could be hidden with a prong. I think I will go for it, but wanted to get some opinions. Thoughts?

h-si2_aset.png

h-si2_idealscope.jpg

h-si2_diamond_pic.jpg

upgrade-me

Rough_Rock
Re: Opinions on 2.5ct H, SI2 Aset, Idealscope, Diamond image

Several views, but no one's opinion? I seriously would like to get people's thoughts....

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think a prong could cover that one to the point it wouldn't be noticeable. If whiteflash says the other one isn't visible I would take their word for it. Being that it is right in line with the arrow, I would have thought it could very well be visible, but whiteflash has the stone and their report is more valuable than what we can speculate from photos. I'd ask them again to confirm that the table inclusion is not visible from any distance or angle.

upgrade-me

Rough_Rock

Pfunk - thanks for your response. I was told the "white inclusion at 6 o’clock is the only one that is visible to the unaided eye. Most of the inclusion will be covered by a prong but since it is not a dark inclusion it will not be noticeable unless you are concentrating on it."

I am still concerned about the inclusion betw. 12 o'clock and the center. As you mentioned, it is on the arrow.

Do you or anyone else think I could get a smaller diamond image -one that would almost replicate the actual size? When I shrunk the image, I could still see the white inclusion betw. 12 o'clock and the center (and it bothers me).

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wonder is the inclusion between 12 O'clock and the centre just a reflection of the one at 6 O'clock and not a real second inclusion. Chances are for the same budget if you get another diamond it may be lower in color or smaller.

upgrade-me

Rough_Rock

Here is the image from the GIA cert. Can't figure out which inclusion is the one between 12 o'clock and center....

giacert_image.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would ask White flash as they would know. If it is a reflection then it is not a solid in that particular area so may not be as noticeable as in a static picture; maybe it does not show all the time depending on lighting. Just my thoughts but ask someone who is qualified in diamond grading, they must have a gemologist or two on staff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results