shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lovinggems and Sparkliesluver! I cannot wait to see the new look as well. It might take a while though. The ring will actually be redone and will have a different look regarding various aspects. Will keep you posted!

I received the CAD's for the untreated aqua. It will have a vintage look. Pretty excited about it!!
Here it is:

_30472.jpg

_30473.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting Acinom! I can't wait to see your various projects unfold! The Aqua CAD looks great!

Any updates from our Doug Menadue Topaz Club? He posted some photos on Instagram recently - does anyone here own the gorgeous pear??

ETA: a few photos of the pear!

_30485.jpg

_30486.jpg

_30487.jpg

_30488.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1432341526|3880287 said:
How exciting Acinom! I can't wait to see your various projects unfold! The Aqua CAD looks great!

Any updates from our Doug Menadue Topaz Club? He posted some photos on Instagram recently - does anyone here own the gorgeous pear??

ETA: a few photos of the pear!

My goodness that shapebis devine. I'd make quite the pendant out of that.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Lovely photos of your holiday Acinom. Nothing makes the world slow down like a bit of sun, sand and blue water. Your bypass ring is beautiful. I love the fresh berries color combo.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo: thank you for your kind words on the Aqua CAD's.
No developments yet on the Doug Menadue Blue projects yet. So curious about the outcome!
That pear is gorgeous in terms of shape and colour :love:

I completely agree Niel

makeable: you are so right about the world slowing down during a Caribbean holiday 8-)
The bypass is gorgeous, but will be remade and will have quite a different look. I cannot wait to see how this unfolds!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The suspense is killing me Acinom!
The Aqua CAD is looking good. :angel:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi from Tokyo (long weekend vacation) ! No, I haven't heard anything from Doug yet either. I suppose I should hear back from him in the next week or so, according to the timeline he quoted me. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1432388852334.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1432374744|3880362 said:
The suspense is killing me Acinom!
The Aqua CAD is looking good. :angel:

Me too lovinggems!!!
Thanks for liking the Aqua CAD.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1432388863|3880395 said:
Hi from Tokyo (long weekend vacation) ! No, I haven't heard anything from Doug yet either. I suppose I should hear back from him in the next week or so, according to the timeline he quoted me. :)

Hey Mochiko :wavey: . Enjoy your long weekend in Tokyo!
I looked back in the emails with Doug and you are right: it should not be too long before we will see some Doug Menadue Blues 8-)
And you are first in line Mochiko. How exciting!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow zircon update!!!
Jeff White shot me an email last night, informing me that he has started with the cutting and heating process of my zircon. Yay!!!
Cannot wait to see the outcome.
I will make a final decision on the setting after seeing the photo's: either a simple solitaire or the 'Sparkliesluver' (the elegant setting with the curves by David Klass)

The stone will be heated by Jeff.
I read a horror story by Gene of Precision Gem though on Yssie's yellow thread. About zircon returning to their almost original colour after heating. I hope this wil not happen with mine as the rough is absolutely horrendous and ugly. I totally trust Jeff though 8-)

_30507.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Is that photo a snapshot of your stone?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1432460838|3880596 said:
Yay! Is that photo a snapshot of your stone?

No this is a snapshot of the example stone. Jeff has just started the process, so nothing to show just jet. No idea how long it takes to cut and heat a zircon.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ban breaking beauty
I was so willing to break the ban for this rare little bluish green spinel :twisted:
It was sold within minutes of Jim McCormick listing it.

_30524.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Geez you are fast. :clap:

Pretty Spinel.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
caf|1432589195|3881063 said:
Geez you are fast. :clap:

Pretty Spinel.

Not that fast caf! I admit that I contacted Jim about the stone within 10 minutes after it was listed, but I was already way too late: the spinel was bought by someone else and I did not actually break my ban :twisted:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful colour!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1432637874|3881169 said:
Beautiful colour!
Yes indeed! I hope it was bought by a PSer!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE

It has been a productive night :D

The Aqua vintage inspired ring
I have received the pics of the wax models from David! I quite like the look. The ring will be casted in 20k RG.

_30591.jpg

_30592.jpg

_30593.jpg

_30594.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bypass ring

Received pics of the wax model for the bypass ring as well :appl:
If you look carefully you will see that a major feature is changed :twisted:
In total 3 main features will be different compared to the initial ring.

_30595.jpg

_30596.jpg

_30597.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous! I actually really like the pre-heated colour too! Thanks for sharing the progress photos.

So what is your 'pre-ban' setting list looking like now? :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ricezo! I live the pre-heated colour too. It looks like a vibrant red, but according to Jim the colour is an amber/orange after heating. The colour looks very vibrant.

My pre BIG BAN list:
In progress:
1. Paraiba split shank ring (ready but not in my possession yet)
2. Aqua ring in Vintage RG setting (wax approved, to be casted)
3. Non colour matching sapphires in bypass setting (wax approved, to be casted)

near future list:
4. Yellow zircon by Jeff White, to be set in elegant solitaire???
5. Electric Blue topaz, to be cut by Doug Menadue. Setting tbd.
6. Top colour topaz, to be set in french cut or carre cut tapered ring???

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow, that is the update of all updates! hahaha :clap:

I really like how the aqua vintage ring is coming along. I think everything about the stone says vintage and the setting complements it beautifully.

Personally, I agree with the decision you made on the bypass ring. I don't know why but I just do. I cannot wait to see this one! :dance:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you set the new yellow zircon. It really is a stunner. I can see it in a simple setting, a la Trueste, but I'm not 100% sure yet. It might need a touch more. Part of me wonders if #5 or #6 on your list deserves the simple, classic setting.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I am interested in seeing the 20k rose gold Aqua ring.
Are you setting the sapphires North South instead of East west? With a smooth shank?
CS will be much quieter once you start your ban.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1432728062|3881724 said:
Wow, that is the update of all updates! hahaha :clap:

I really like how the aqua vintage ring is coming along. I think everything about the stone says vintage and the setting complements it beautifully.

Personally, I agree with the decision you made on the bypass ring. I don't know why but I just do. I cannot wait to see this one! :dance:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you set the new yellow zircon. It really is a stunner. I can see it in a simple setting, a la Trueste, but I'm not 100% sure yet. It might need a touch more. Part of me wonders if #5 or #6 on your list deserves the simple, classic setting.

Thank you Sparkliesluver! I love how the vintage Aqua ring is progressing. And I am happy with how the bypass ring is progressing as well. Thank you for your words of confidence!

If the zircon is not too deep, a kite set frenchie could be added.
For the top colour Topaz, I was thinking about something like this:

_30617.jpg

_30618.jpg

_30619.jpg

_30620.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1432734702|3881763 said:
I am interested in seeing the 20k rose gold Aqua ring.
Are you setting the sapphires North South instead of East west? With a smooth shank?
CS will be much quieter once you start your ban.

Me too Lovinggems!! The sapphires will be EW oriented, but set in a different way...
And the shank will indeed be polished without engraving.
Whahahaha! My life will be a lot quieter once I have started my ban :lol: I will miss hunting for stones and thinking about the right settings. But I will still be active on PS and live vicariously through the other PSers

S

SparkliesLuver

:D How exciting! Yes, you'll have to see how deep the zircon is, but I like where you're going with it.

Ohhhhhh. :love: :clap: All are lovely! I can't wait to see the finished stones from Doug.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Look forward to seeing your new bypass ring.......

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, I love love the octagon ring design for your Aqua. I designed that setting with David for months and months and it has so much beautiful details that I know you're going to love. My ring size was so small, 3.75, and my diamond is quite small too, 1.5ct, so some of the details in the gallery didn't show up quite right. After all that work David put into it, I'm so glad to see the design is going to be used by someone. You had always chose the most exquisite stones for all your rings and your aqua will look stunning in this antique style! Please post lots of pics once he's done with it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: thank you for sharing in my excitement! I hope to hear more from Jeff soon about the depth. I love the concept of the 'blingytaire': a solitaire with an extra oomph. Hopefully 'Doug's angels' will be informed soon about the progress of the topazes :appl:

shulaibaoma: me too!! I am so looking forward to see the end result of the bypass ring. Thanks for chiming in. Congrats with your new amazing ring :love:

Violetphoenix: so glad you found this thread! Thank you for the fabulous design you created with David. Your ring is gorgeous. If mine is even half as beautiful I will be completely thrilled. I figured it must have been a long creation process as David showed me several variations of this ring. Thank you for the design!!! I fell in love with it instantly.

_30627.jpg

_30628.jpg

_30629.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results