So I bought some new stuff...

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
-lovely- :appl:

thank you for linking the thread icy_jade

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1430953454|3873201 said:
Thanks. They are part of a larger purchase I made a few weeks ago.
I see beautiful pearl photos in our future.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Glad this got bumped again. Such and incredible collection, and those GSS and Tahitian drops! :drool:

And Pirard those are beautiful drops! I look forward to seeing your completed project.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh beautiful drops, Pirard! Can't wait to see more photos.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments...it will likely take a little while to finish the drops, but I will post photos as soon as they are completed! I do agree with everyone that Icy's drops are like the Holy Grail of tahitian drops...just stunning!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you cathykeshi, 4rg, EvangelineG, 16ocean! These pearls truly get more love online than irl... :)
I'm on the hunt for a birthday present from hubby so if I find something pearly I'll be sure to update you ladies.

Pirard, those drops are gorgeous! R they from Jacques? My studs are 0.73. What are you planning to do with the blue drop? Also what size are the drops? Sorry so many questions haha... I think you need a separate thread for these beauties!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pirard - photos must be posted ASAP ! Are you knotting them yourself ? If so you could take photos in stages..we will follow the journey of these amazing pearls ! :appl: n Those drops are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! Did they come from Jacques? or PP?
We are all so nosy :lol:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks...the drops are just gorgeous. I am going use the pearls for gifts for some very dear close friends, as well as some things for me. I took advantage of the PP discount to purchase some findings, although they didn't have an eye pin with single diamond (my jeweler is making one up for the drops...showed him IcyJade's photo). I did buy the new woven bail (or is it bale), and several pairs of blossom settings to make dangle earrings and pendants. I may alter the blossom setting on one pair to create a small loop for the pearl to attach so that it moves within the setting. I am so in love with that particular setting, I just like a little more movement in a drop earring. And I also ordered a bunch of eye pins to make charms that can be worn as a single pearl on a thin chain, or added to a charm (or link) bracelet. I may have enough by-product pearls to make a second tear drop necklace...but I'm thinking I may also want a tin cup with the drops hanging up and down (vertical). Once I'm done I will post with full details.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are some gorgeous projects you have in mind, Pirard! I like the idea of altering the Blossom setting to add movement, too. It's one I've always wanted and that bit of movement would make it perfect. Don't hesitate to post pictures as your projects are completed!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think the blossom setting would be a great choice, I wished I had chosen it for my white baroque Akoya dangles.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the blossom setting is so cute! And I agree it would be nice to have movement with the drops..good idea! You certainly stocked up during the sale ! I'm getting inspired to take advantage while it's still on !

Are you going to drill them yourself or get someone else to do it?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler will drill and set...I have no skill in that area, and fear I would ruin my pearls!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1431190512|3874530 said:
I did buy the new woven bail (or is it bale)

I was going to post something funny about bail bondsmen and temporary release, but apparently either spelling is acceptable when referring to jewelry.

I hope you left some blossom findings! I'm still debating over yellow or white.

I bought findings in 2013 during the Christmas sale. I had a loose pearl that needed setting.

I look forward to seeing all these projects!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, I look forward to following your new projects! What fun.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Pirard, looking forward to following your pearl designing journey ... beautiful pearls! I love my blossom set Tahitian earrings, and I often think "If there was only a little movement, they'd be even more perfect ..." so I'm intrigued to see how that works out. I really like PP's new Leaf finding as well; that one looks to have some movement!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I may go back for the leaf findings...I loved them as well, but wanted to see an "in real life" pic of them.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pirard, I think Sea urchin posted photos of her new leaf setting earrings recently in "the other place" (maybe here too, I can't remember).

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I will check them out....

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I received my stash of findings...and let me just say the blossom setting is really pretty! As is the woven setting.

Here is another shot of the pearls for my version of Icy's drops img_1943_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1432312407|3880116 said:
I received my stash of findings...and let me just say the blossom setting is really pretty! As is the woven setting.

Here is another shot of the pearls for my version of Icy's drops img_1943_0.jpg
those are gorgeous Pirard!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous drops Pirard!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looking forward to your photos ! The pearls are gorgeous - can't wait for the finished work !!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Icy jade :wavey:

I was looking again at your wonderful diamond huggies, which if I remember well, you got made locally. I am considering acquiring diamond huggies soon myself and I would like to know the dimensions of yours -- a lot of what I can see online is quite large, but I would like something closer to the earlobe, like yours.

Thanks!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1433429773|3885073 said:

I was looking again at your wonderful diamond huggies, which if I remember well, you got made locally. I am considering acquiring diamond huggies soon myself and I would like to know the dimensions of yours -- a lot of what I can see online is quite large, but I would like something closer to the earlobe, like yours.

Thanks!

It's about 1.4 cm long.

Hth and hope you find something that you like soon. Tbh, it's easier to get a good fit coz I bought in person and could try them on.

image_3598.jpg image_3599.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And since I'm on this thread... Here are my new bead nuked purple FWPs. 11-13 mm. In case you don't visit the other forum (posted these there a few days ago). :)

image_3600.jpg image_3602.jpg image_3601.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That color is divine!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1433510587|3885513 said:
Tucs|1433429773|3885073 said:

Thanks!

It's about 1.4 cm long.

Hth and hope you find something that you like soon. Tbh, it's easier to get a good fit coz I bought in person and could try them on.

image_3598.jpg image_3599.jpg

Thanks so much for your photos, Icy! They are truly beautiful. May I ask what is the ctw?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
And so nice to see your Edisons again, they are to die for!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Been feeling quite ill the past few weeks and to cheer myself up I got a pair of dangles that can be worn 2 ways at a local jewellery fair over the weekend. Was hesitant at first but it's one of those pieces that I like more the longer I spend time with it. ::)

Wssp drops 9-10 mm with 0.08 carats of diamonds.

image_3671.jpg

image_3672.jpg

image_3673.jpg

Just realised that it looks a little odd in the third pic but it really does look nicer IRL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results