shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01 ct Round Solitaire Setting by Eternity By Yoni *PICS*

susiecee

Rough_Rock
So I had posted a couple months back on recommendations for some vendors in NYC! I had finally made my way to the NYC to meet with some vendors and check out their work and finalize my plans for my engagement ring.

My finace (hehehhehehe) finally proposed this past weekend and thus, I finally got my ring and wanted to share!

At the end of it all, I decided to work with Eternity by Yoni! I had originally found him through another PS-er that had used his services to customize a ring. There aren't a lot of reviews for Yoni so I was a bit hesitant, but after meeting with multiple vendors in NYC I finally decided to go with Yoni based on a professionalism, comfort, and quality of work.

Specs:
Round XXX
2.1 ct
I color
SI2 - eye clean! No dark marks or clouds, but just twinning wisps
HCA - 1.3 - Excellent
No Fluorescence

Photos
img_4887.jpg
img_4892.jpg
img_4893.jpg
img_4888.jpg
img_4891.jpg
img_4885.jpg
img_4886.jpg

Review on Eternity by Yoni
Email Communication
I had been emailing back and forth with Yoni since June 2014 and finally met with him March 2015. During this time I had sent him various photos of various styles. I had started off wanting a cushion halo, then a round halo and then finally wanted a solitaire setting. Throughout it all, Yoni never gave up on me and was very responsive during our correspondence although I am sure he probably assumed I was emailing other vendors as well.

In Person Meeting
When I met with Yoni in person, he was very friendly. We were suppose to go to his offer, but ended up going to one of his diamond sources instead due to some time conflicts he had, which was fine with me. Yoni had brought his ring setting samples as well just so that I can take a look at the quality and get a better sense of the type of work that he would be able to produce for me.

During the meeting, I wasn't totally satisfied with the diamonds that were within my budget and requirements, but Yoni never once had pressured me to get a diamond or convince me that it was good. I had met with some other vendors previously who had pushed diamonds with dark/black inclusions and told me it's pretty good. :???: Yoni never did this and I appreciated.

Picking the Right Diamond
Yoni wasn't able to source the right diamond that I wanted, however, I had saw another diamond that a vendor presented to me that I was over the moon about. Eye clean, on point with HCA, etc etc but I felt like that vendor was pushy. Yoni ended up being able to get that diamond for me! I really appreciated it. I don't know how he did it, but he was able to get it without stressing me. I certainly don't blame him for not having the right selection that I wanted since there were only about 10 diamonds that fit my budget, size, criteria, etc and all the vendors I saw tried getting those diamonds to show me.

The Setting Design Process
Once we had the diamond, my now fiance and I had already flown back home. The design process was done completely online and through email. It consisted of a series of exchanges, photos, and two CAD revisions before I had approved it.

We had also made some exchanges over the phone to discuss and make any clarifications needed whenever there was a question, which I again, also appreciated.

In the end because I wanted a delicate look on the basket and overall for the band, my setting was hand set with the melees which is suppose to make it more secure/stronger (correct me if I'm wrong)

It took about 3 weeks for the setting to be made and for Yoni to ship it out to us!

When I had finally received it during the proposal (it was my first time to see it ever) I was more than happy.

Things That Could Have Been Better
Although Yoni was very good with communication and the entire process there were somethings that were somewhat minimal that I wish he had been able to do differently.
1. Appraisal - we had requested an appraisal from him, but we didn't receive this when the ring was shipped and had to get in touch with him again to have an appraisal sent to us via .pdf - he did this within 24 hours which was great, but it should have been included
2. Lack of photos of the finish ring - my fiance had checked in a couple of times when the ring was being made to see if there were photos and such, but Yoni had just assured him that it would be beautiful and perfect. Though I like his confidence in the quality of his work, this had cause a little uneasiness on our end since we didn't know what we would be getting. In the end it worked out though and it was lovely.

Would I recommend Eternity by Yoni?
Though I know there are a couple of favorites on PS I was on a budget and as much as I loved seeing VC, LM, etc settings and work, this was just totally beyond my price point (the quotes I got were 6000+). I wanted a vendor that I can trust to deliver great quality still but at an affordable price and Yoni was able to do it. I don't have any regrets or hesitation (and am thinking of getting a band done by him soon!) I hope that my review will be able to help some others that are in this same situation the confidence needed to work with Yoni.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Re: 2.01 ct Round Solitaire Setting by Eternity By Yoni *PIC

Congratulations Susiecee, it's gorgeous. Yoni did a wonderful job! The band looks very delicate and shows off the diamond beautifully :love: :love: :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations! What a gorgeous and classic engagement ring! Your ring looks stunning on you! :love: :love: :love:

Excellent review also. Thanks for taking the time to share all of the behind the scene details that went into creating your beautiful masterpiece.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning! Thanks for your thoughts on the process as well!

susiecee

Rough_Rock

Monnyjay|1432299225|3880008 said:
Congratulations Susiecee, it's gorgeous. Yoni did a wonderful job! The band looks very delicate and shows off the diamond beautifully :love: :love: :love:

Thank you!!!~~~ Yes, it's super delicate! It's a 1.75mm. Yoni was really hesitant about this because of durability issue for every day wear, but so far so good! No problems and I think the platinum really helps give me that reassurance regarding strength! :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations Susiecee! It's beautiful!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring, Congrats!.. :wavey:

lilsweetie

Rough_Rock

beautiful ring! I love that size on you.
and very well written, thoughtful review.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Very pretty! :appl: Looks beautiful on you too! Thank you for taking the time to share the process of working with this vendor as well.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is sooooo YUMMY!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone and what a refined setting! Your ring looks great on you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfection!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ring is a show stopper.. Yoni's work looks impeccable and beautiful.. I appreciated your review, after reading your thoughts I would feel comfortable with Yoni.. best wishes on your future and may I say that I thought your review was fair and concise... thank you again and lots of hand shots soon?

best wishes again!

ringsearching

Rough_Rock

your ring is beautiful!!!! my sister just got a marvelous ring from him as well! I am thinking of doing a reset with him and wondering if you knew the pointer size on the side stones? and if your wedding band will be a matching band that will sit flush? or something different?

it is gorgeous!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely ring, and your hands show it off to perfection. Enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful and lovely on her hand! Congratulations!!

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous ring, congrats!

ringsearching

Rough_Rock

amazing ring! do you know the point size of your melees on band?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results