shape
carat
color
clarity

A little Bach

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note the distance between lights, in each ascending chord, corresponds to the distance between the musical notes.

https://vimeo.com/126363389

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Very beautiful and interesting. I had the good fortune to have had a choir director who had played in Carnegie Hall when she was young.
We had an Organ in our church and Bach was played many a Sunday morning through many years.

While my views on religion have changed since then, I never forget the beautiful things I learned there. Music was one of them.

Annette

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I learned to play that piece, one of Bach's Preludes and Fugues when I was young!

The light arrangement is impressive, however, the music less so, as it comes across as synthesized to me, however, I could be wrong.

DK :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1432282313|3879969 said:
The light arrangement is impressive, however, the music less so, as it comes across as synthesized to me, however, I could be wrong.

I do not think that an opinion can be "wrong". However, if the music seems synthesized one has to ask why the synthesizer was invented. Obviously Bach was not trying to emulate a synthesizer, which did not exist when he composed. So it follows that later in history a machine was created to attempt to replicate the sounds of original instruments, melody, and rhythm that were as as perfect as Bach could compose. A flaw in Bach? That his compositions are so perfect? That is what is the matter of opinion.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very fascinating; I've played this piece many times as a child and never noticed this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results