shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Experience

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor is a master jewelry maker and it is a privilege for me to have things made by him. I respect the fact that he knows immeasurably more than I do about making jewelry, and I know his standards are very high. So he doesn't need me micro-managing what he does. He knows what melee looks the best. I trust him. I respect that he recommends potential clients try another jewelry maker if they are not listening to his recommendations. A good doctor will do the same. When someone asks what to specify when ordering an Emilya, for example, I tell them to tell him their ring size and send him the stone. That's all that is necessary. I am not sure why this thread was bumped, but I guess I am glad because I am happy Victor came on and explained his reasoning. I think he was exactly right and I respect him even more for what he said.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1432220870|3879621 said:
Victor is a master jewelry maker and it is a privilege for me to have things made by him. I respect the fact that he knows immeasurably more than I do about making jewelry, and I know his standards are very high. So he doesn't need me micro-managing what he does. He knows what melee looks the best. I trust him. I respect that he recommends potential clients try another jewelry maker if they are not listening to his recommendations. A good doctor will do the same. When someone asks what to specify when ordering an Emilya, for example, I tell them to tell him their ring size and send him the stone. That's all that is necessary. I am not sure why this thread was bumped, but I guess I am glad because I am happy Victor came on and explained his reasoning. I think he was exactly right and I respect him even more for what he said.

I agree with you that VC doesn't need clients micro-managing him. However, as we all know, going through the process of designing a ring can be very stressful and there's certainly nothing wrong with trying to vocalize exactly what you want. Some of us require a bit more hand-holding throughout the process and not every vendor has a desire to provide that. I chose a vendor who obviously didn't need to be micro-managed, but yet they were still open to my (regular) communication/dialogue during the process - and that is called customer service. Again, I'm not saying that VC can't provide any of that (I honestly wouldn't know because I've never worked with him beyond a quote), but the feeling I got was not the warm & fuzzy feeling that I prefer in a vendor. One thing is for sure, though, and that is that VC's work is truly breathtaking. I've never seen a pice of his jewelry that I didn't like and I can certainly appreciate the fact that he is one of the best at what he does:)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd.... This thread actually popped up on the front page in RT when I got on Pricescope this morning. I assumed this was a recent discussion! :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Ah, I see that now too. I also thought it was a current discussion. Oh well, at least it was a thread from this year - I've unknowingly responded in threads that are several years old because they've been resurrected for whatever reasons :lol: ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results