shape
carat
color
clarity

For those that have a Round and Pear Shape 3 Stone ER

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Do you still love it? Have you had other ER styles (Solitaire, Halo) and if so which did you prefer and why? I have seen at least a few members that had AMAZING round & pear 3 stone (KristyDarling comes to mind) that ended up changing to a solitaire or halo.
I'm still agonizing over how to set my 2 ct MRB and although I had never considered a 3 stone with pears in the past it is one that I have recently been coming back to on many occasions!

Decisions, decisions :wall:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Hi mns12,
I just received my 3 stone round with pear sides today from Leon Mege. I had agonized over the setting for 2 years. I finally decided to do the 3 stone setting as my final home for my ER ring. I am so happy that I did go through with it! I love the ring! I will post pictures later today. I do have to send it back to have the sizing beads removed that I wanted to keep my ring from spinning. It makes the ring way to tight for my fat knuckle. I have a very thick folder of settings that I have collected over the past 2 years and kept coming back to the round with pear sides.I don't think I will tire of this classic style. Good luck with your choice!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really can't go by PSers because we are notorious for changing settings. Demelza is another that had a Leon with pear sides and sold it. I don't think there are any guarantees that one setting will please someone for life if they stay around this forum! :lol:

However, a round with pear sides is a gorgeous, timeless look that certainly would always be in style!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could only have one ring, I would be inclined to keep it versatile, simple, timeless, and "durable" ... solitaire, maybe bezeled, or a simple three stone ... something that would go with all occasions and not interfere with my life in any way (e.g., snag on clothes, hair, etc).

I have a couple three stone rings that I love, a halo bezeled pear, and a couple solitaires that I love - all for different reasons, but they are all special to me in some way that makes me love them all equally. Please don't make me pick a favorite! :naughty: LOL

mns12

Shiny_Rock
bbziggy|1432157816|3879271 said:
Hi mns12,
I just received my 3 stone round with pear sides today from Leon Mege. I had agonized over the setting for 2 years. I finally decided to do the 3 stone setting as my final home for my ER ring. I am so happy that I did go through with it! I love the ring! I will post pictures later today. I do have to send it back to have the sizing beads removed that I wanted to keep my ring from spinning. It makes the ring way to tight for my fat knuckle. I have a very thick folder of settings that I have collected over the past 2 years and kept coming back to the round with pear sides.I don't think I will tire of this classic style. Good luck with your choice!!

Hi!
Lucky you and glad you are happy with the finished ring! I can't wait to see the pics. What style setting did you have previously?
I sent out requests for quotes this morning (VC, SK, LM). I was a little surprised to see the price from LM, definitely way over my budget.
SK only provided a quote for metal and labor so far. I'm guessing the pear stones are more $$ than I thought. I think VC will be the lowest but I haven't seen many 3 stones from him. Although I know first hand the Emilya is top craftsmanship as many other styles I've seen on PS.
Congrats on your ring and anxious to see pics!!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1432165237|3879336 said:
You really can't go by PSers because we are notorious for changing settings. Demelza is another that had a Leon with pear sides and sold it. I don't think there are any guarantees that one setting will please someone for life if they stay around this forum! :lol:

However, a round with pear sides is a gorgeous, timeless look that certainly would always be in style!

This is very, very true! My husband thinks I'm nuts that I have spent this much time reading and looking at inspiration pics on PS.
I think once I finally have my ring I will need to go on the "PS wagon" :think:

mns12

Shiny_Rock
JoCoJenn|1432171424|3879384 said:
If I could only have one ring, I would be inclined to keep it versatile, simple, timeless, and "durable" ... solitaire, maybe bezeled, or a simple three stone ... something that would go with all occasions and not interfere with my life in any way (e.g., snag on clothes, hair, etc).

I have a couple three stone rings that I love, a halo bezeled pear, and a couple solitaires that I love - all for different reasons, but they are all special to me in some way that makes me love them all equally. Please don't make me pick a favorite! :naughty: LOL

I agree, although as you just pointed out I think various styles have their own way of being classic elegance. As of now I'm between:
Very delicate halo with plain shank
Solitaire with subtle split shank and pave wrap around basket
3 stone with dainty pear sides

I wish I could have 2, or 1 of each, but I wouldn't be able to justify that in my life right now.
Now maybe once kids are thu college but that is a ways off!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 stone ring with pear side stones made by SK. It is a 3.25ct center. I really love it but I have considered resetting the diamond recently to a solitaire. Both styles are sooooooo different! A couple comments on my ring...I never tried on a solitaire before getting my 3 stone because I never thought I would like it. Then, I was helping a co-worker out last year and tried one on and fell in love! The other thing is the 3 stone is set very low and I think I still have problems adjusting to that. (My previous rings were high-set before this upgrade a couple of years ago.) So that is my struggle!

However, on a very positive note, the ring is total bling!!! Also, whenever I go to a jewelry store to look at other options, they literally tell me I am nuts to reset it. The style is elegant and timeless! This just happened last week and this salesperson really meant it! This really made me re-think my decision to reset. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? As of today, I am going to keep it as is for awhile longer...although a girl can change her mind (again and again)! :D

Probably not much help in your decision since I am wishy washy! All your style choices will be beautiful regardless! I recommend trying rings on over and over before you make a decision and go with your instinct!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I should add...I wish there were "pop-out" diamond settings! If I could pop-out my diamond and put it in a new setting, I would own many more settings!!!! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1432178049|3879432 said:
I should add...I wish there were "pop-out" diamond settings! If I could pop-out my diamond and put it in a new setting, I would own many more settings!!!! :lol:

YES!!!!! That would solve the WHOLE problem!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a 3 stone MRB for an ER in the past but have since switched to a solitaire setting. I would consider a 3 stone ring again in the future, but for a RHR rather than as my ER.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Someone on here has a three stone setting that they pop there solitaire into for the three stone look when they want it. I believe it was a Vatche design, just can't remember who has it.

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
mns12 - I think you are a mind reader. I have been lurking for two years and pretty much obsessing for the last six months on this forum. Yes, I am addicted. I have an upcoming 30th anniversary and plan to do an upgrade with a new setting. The setting styles I have narrowed it down to are a delicate halo, a solitaire with a pave basket and diamond wedding band, and yes, the three-stone with pears. I, like you, keep coming back to the three-stone with pears. So simple and classic. However, I also have seen at least four PS’ers that have sold theirs or reset them. So now I have been wondering if there is something that they don’t like about the setting. So interesting you asked the same question - I have been wondering the same thing! Agonizing is exactly how I would describe this.

bbziggy - I saw your post a month ago about your stone being reset into this setting and have been waiting for your posting that you received it. So happy that you love it! Is the setting really low? That has been one thing that has worried me. I had a 1.56 ct solitaire for twenty years on a wide band worn along with with an eternity ring and I loved it. I had it reset on my 20th anniversary into a five stone ring that I don’t like - I don’t think it is the design that I dislike so much but the poor workmanship by the jeweler. A sad subject with me. I couldn’t afford to redo it at the time and decided to live with it until my 30th anniversary when I would upgrade the stone and change the setting.

For my upgrade I am considering a 3 ct MBR, well-cut (after reading PS, of course!), J diamond with fluorescence. I have wondered if adding J pear sides would only accentuate the J color and that I may be better off using much smaller stones with it - either in a halo or pave basket. I may have to go up a color grade. Any thoughts, anyone?

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
lknvrb4|1432203210|3879507 said:
Someone on here has a three stone setting that they pop there solitaire into for the three stone look when they want it. I believe it was a Vatche design, just can't remember who has it.

Bliss had one made for her. Very clever idea!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...re-or-three-stone-get-both-thanks-idj.169812/

mns12

Shiny_Rock
tweeter8177|1432177914|3879431 said:
I have a 3 stone ring with pear side stones made by SK. It is a 3.25ct center. I really love it but I have considered resetting the diamond recently to a solitaire. Both styles are sooooooo different! A couple comments on my ring...I never tried on a solitaire before getting my 3 stone because I never thought I would like it. Then, I was helping a co-worker out last year and tried one on and fell in love! The other thing is the 3 stone is set very low and I think I still have problems adjusting to that. (My previous rings were high-set before this upgrade a couple of years ago.) So that is my struggle!

However, on a very positive note, the ring is total bling!!! Also, whenever I go to a jewelry store to look at other options, they literally tell me I am nuts to reset it. The style is elegant and timeless! This just happened last week and this salesperson really meant it! This really made me re-think my decision to reset. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? As of today, I am going to keep it as is for awhile longer...although a girl can change her mind (again and again)! :D

Probably not much help in your decision since I am wishy washy! All your style choices will be beautiful regardless! I recommend trying rings on over and over before you make a decision and go with your instinct!

Thanks for all your insights Tweeter! I now remember drooling over your ring(s)! I think probably deep down I'm a solitaire girl but then get worried about being bored with it after a while. My original ER was a solitaire and I was completely content for 8 years, until the head broke off. I then found PS when I was considering how to re-set. End of story...lol! I decided on the Emilya which I loved but I never settled on a wedding band so I think I was missing that part (unfortunately lost that ring). I did go to HOF and Tiffany's recently but of course neither of them had any 3 stones in the store.

And totally agree..if we could switch out settings like purses life would be so much easier!

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Bishbunch|1432211205|3879546 said:
mns12 - I think you are a mind reader. I have been lurking for two years and pretty much obsessing for the last six months on this forum. Yes, I am addicted. I have an upcoming 30th anniversary and plan to do an upgrade with a new setting. The setting styles I have narrowed it down to are a delicate halo, a solitaire with a pave basket and diamond wedding band, and yes, the three-stone with pears. I, like you, keep coming back to the three-stone with pears. So simple and classic. However, I also have seen at least four PS’ers that have sold theirs or reset them. So now I have been wondering if there is something that they don’t like about the setting. So interesting you asked the same question - I have been wondering the same thing! Agonizing is exactly how I would describe this.

bbziggy - I saw your post a month ago about your stone being reset into this setting and have been waiting for your posting that you received it. So happy that you love it! Is the setting really low? That has been one thing that has worried me. I had a 1.56 ct solitaire for twenty years on a wide band worn along with with an eternity ring and I loved it. I had it reset on my 20th anniversary into a five stone ring that I don’t like - I don’t think it is the design that I dislike so much but the poor workmanship by the jeweler. A sad subject with me. I couldn’t afford to redo it at the time and decided to live with it until my 30th anniversary when I would upgrade the stone and change the setting.

For my upgrade I am considering a 3 ct MBR, well-cut (after reading PS, of course!), J diamond with fluorescence. I have wondered if adding J pear sides would only accentuate the J color and that I may be better off using much smaller stones with it - either in a halo or pave basket. I may have to go up a color grade. Any thoughts, anyone?

Too Funny. World class problems right! Always a personal preference, but I know for me if I had a 3 ct stone I would keep as some style of solitaire. One of the other reasons I'm considering a delicate halo and 3 stone is b/c I went from a 1.5 ct solitaire to a Emilya (halo). So worried even though I upgraded to 2 ct I must get DSS quickly with the solitaire.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Lew Lew|1432213847|3879557 said:
lknvrb4|1432203210|3879507 said:

Bliss had one made for her. Very clever idea!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...re-or-three-stone-get-both-thanks-idj.169812/

Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
m-2-b|1432180638|3879458 said:
I have had a 3 stone MRB for an ER in the past but have since switched to a solitaire setting. I would consider a 3 stone ring again in the future, but for a RHR rather than as my ER.

Funny M2B I was just going back thru my "inspiration folder" and had your link [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-updated-rb-diamond-ring-collection.178440/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-updated-rb-diamond-ring-collection.178440/[/URL]
and the note "Comparison of 3 ct 3 stone and 1.9 Emilya" That picture is such a great perspective. Amazing how it's really hard (for me) to tell the center stone size difference between the two.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results