shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help my brother-in-law find a beautiful diamond

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Please if anyone would be willing to help me find a beautiful diamond for my brother-in-law to surprise my sister with. He will be using Victor Canera to do the Emylia setting. He asked if I could help him pick a stone that is just under the 2ct mark and GIA xxx or great AGS stone. G or H and VS2 or good SI1. Spready if possible. Should he know anything about choosing shank size for the setting? Any good suggestions for the Victor setting options on the Emylia?
I know many of you are really great with all of the diamond measurements to hopefully have a great stone. I would be so thankful for any good diamond links to good options for him. I can't wait for him to give this to her. She has been wanting this ring for some time and they have been busy with other financial obligations. It will be a wonderful surprise for her. I am so happy for them. 2nd marriage for both and madly in love. Thanks!!!

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Budget for diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the HPD stone is on hold, but the 1.86 WF stone is an excellent choice as you'll find few H&A stones in the upper 1.8 range.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks RockyRacoon and diamondseeker2006. Also the diamond does not have to be a hearts and arrows stone. I am happy with my stone and it is XXX but not hearts and arrows. At my age and my sisters, we don't see so great up close anymore anyway. Haha. Other stones would also be options if you can think of any others. Thanks again for looking

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking, but here is one more ACA that is a little less due to being SI1:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3265545.htm

Not really seeing much else well cut and having photos using the PS search.

Oh, and regarding the setting. All you do is call Victor, tell his asst. you want the Emilya in whatever ring size, and arrange to send the stone. Victor makes them in proportion to each stone. You really do not give him any other instructions.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006. I just sent the links to him. I hope they are in his budget. Do you know of any other GIA xxx stones that might work that are not hearts and arrows if these are out of his budget? Thanks!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked James Allen through the PS search because they allow you to screen by HCA score. That ruled out a LOT of JA stones, unfortunately. The best one I found cut and size wise had an inclusion right under the table and I didn't want to post it. So I really did check there! I just don't recommend buying from a source without pictures of the diamond and an idealscope or ASET image. I'll see if I see anything else tomorrow!

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results