shape
carat
color
clarity

LV Wallets...

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Durability wise LV wallets are amazing. I've got the Sarah wallet in the hot pink vernis and she still looks great after 10 years of daily use. The only thing I'd warn you about would be scratching and be careful with the ink. The inside of mine has also before dirty from coins and notes. Next time i would go with a darker colour to avoid this. The wallet was my first LV purchase but it hasnt been the last! Be warned its addictive :bigsmile:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol thank you for that warning. Probably a good thing I won't likely have the budget for a repeat. I did tell my husband if by some miracle it isn't totally discontinued and my favorite colors come out I can probably easily resell for no loss or little loss and rebuy. He was like ok whatever then and left the room! hahah

I don't love their bags (the styles or shapes are not me), so I don't have a fear of that thankfully. He said he's just relieved it's not Hermes yet ;-) Forty is not too far off though HAHA!

That 30 year old Epi is still in pretty good shape, but the 2 year old wallet probably doesn't look any different than new bec I don't see wear.

mn_shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
ame|1431719001|3877191 said:
Henri Bendel and Gucci have something similar to this but the Gucci one felt less nice by comparison, cheap almost, considering the name, and the HB felt like a target vinyl wallet.

Ame, re: this Gucci wallet - http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Swing-Leather-Mini-Zip-Around-Wallet-Fuchsia/prod167820379/p.prod?srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=39-46324537-2&ecid=NMCIPriceGrabberFeed&003=5839538&010=sku150581478

Was it the quality of the materials or quality of construction that felt cheap (or both)?

Like you, I'm trying to downsize my purse and what I carry on a daily basis, and I was seriously considering that Gucci as a smaller alternative to my usual accordion zip wallets. I might have to keep looking though, if the Gucci isn't worth the money.

Thank you!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
mn_shopaholic|1431876174|3877771 said:
Henri Bendel and Gucci have something similar to this but the Gucci one felt less nice by comparison, cheap almost, considering the name, and the HB felt like a target vinyl wallet.

Ame, re: this Gucci wallet - http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Gucci-Swing-Leather-Mini-Zip-Around-Wallet-Fuchsia/prod167820379/p.prod?srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=39-46324537-2&ecid=NMCIPriceGrabberFeed&003=5839538&010=sku150581478

Was it the quality of the materials or quality of construction that felt cheap (or both)?

Like you, I'm trying to downsize my purse and what I carry on a daily basis, and I was seriously considering that Gucci as a smaller alternative to my usual accordion zip wallets. I might have to keep looking though, if the Gucci isn't worth the money.

Thank you!
Ok, so the main zipper was not as smooth, not bad, but not as nice. What really got me was the inside zipper was plastic. Like low end plastic zipper. It felt like an afterthought, like they slapped that inside zip compartment in there. The leather all around was just not as high end as other brands. It felt like cheap leather to me. I tend to think of Coach the last few years as cheap leather, and that was how it felt. I have a $108 leather wallet from Roots canada that is REALLY nice leather...it feels nicer than this Gucci did.

mn_shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
ame|1431884687|3877804 said:
mn_shopaholic|1431876174|3877771 said:

Thank you!
Ok, so the main zipper was not as smooth, not bad, but not as nice. What really got me was the inside zipper was plastic. Like low end plastic zipper. It felt like an afterthought, like they slapped that inside zip compartment in there. The leather all around was just not as high end as other brands. It felt like cheap leather to me. I tend to think of Coach the last few years as cheap leather, and that was how it felt. I have a $108 leather wallet from Roots canada that is REALLY nice leather...it feels nicer than this Gucci did.

Thank you! Based on that info I'll have to keep looking.

If that Gucci wallet is on par with current Coach leather, it isn't worth $400. I don't even like Coach prices for most of what they're putting out these days and I certainly don't want to pay Gucci prices for that level of quality.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea I would not pay that price for that wallet. That was at most a $150 wallet.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the closed wallet photos I took:

The Roots wallet is 7.5"(closer to 7.75") long, and my phone pouch, which is sized for an iPhone 6 with a hard case on, plus a little extra length is 6 1/2 not including the flap. That was almost exactly the same length as the LV wallet. The front pocket of the Cole Haan swingpack was about the same size as the LV wallet, as well.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1431956938.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1431956947.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1431956958.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

imageuploadedbytapatalk1431956993.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1431957006.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone please pass me a paper bag.

Because I ordered it.

mn_shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
ame|1431976971|3878144 said:
Someone please pass me a paper bag.

Because I ordered it.

Paper bag as requested!

And please, please, please post a full review when it arrives. This was also on my list of possibilities along with the Gucci that has since been discarded. I know there are plenty of LV fanatics over at tPF who will recommend the brand, but I want as unbiased and nit-picky an opinion as possible before spending that much on a wallet.

6230036_f496.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I needed that! :wavey:

Absolutely will review it. I know I have 14 days to return for a refund in salable condition, and 30 for exchange or credit so I am for sure going to make sure I am certain it's for me. Just in my two trips to the store in the last week I am pleased with the size and configuration. The color was the only thing I "settled" on, if you will. Once I was handling it (mind you, in canvas, not leather), I was comparing it to everything else and nothing else seemed to compare.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, don't worry. I've had this one for at least 17 years, bought it before I got married. Used it consistently for about seven. Sitting in my drawer for a while. It looks better when in constant use I think.

In the profile view you can see a little fraying in the seems and a little splitting, but dammit, not enough to justify buying a whole new wallet!! That is part of my gripe is that I feel guilty every time I buy a new LV wallet b/c my old one is in such nice condition. But I buy a new one anyway... It was my primary serious addiction before bling...

_30351.jpg

_30352.jpg

_30353.jpg

_30354.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I think you choose a great style. It fits everything without being too big or unwieldy. I think you will love it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I just got my shipment notice about an hour ago and I am still in my panicked state ;-)

Yes that looks like it's in great shape!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You will love it...it won't be your last :o :praise:

I carry all kinds of brands in terms of bags but LV SLGs are my very favorite! A few wallets, pouchettes and several cles later. Yeah I was only buying one too. oops My zippy 10 years later looks new.

My dh carries a zippy coin (shhh) and won't go back now. He use to run through wallets like crazy it added up to be more than the cost of the LV.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!! You realize u have to come back and post pics!!! When is delivery???

You had it shipped..did the store not have the right colour for you? And if they are discontinuing the wallet,it may become a vintage piece and worth sentimentally more!! Yay!

I have a few pieces:-p. My collection started about 3-4 yrs ago... Including a vintage one... LVOE them all! I like my Epi porchette cle. It is vintage and discontinued; bought from a collector. Love the yellow and purple colors (not the LV colour names)

_30374.jpg

_30375.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am a little anxious and quite excited. I am still on the prowl for a smaller bag. Both of the ones I am looking at (Lo and Sons Pearl and MZ Wallace Lizzy) are not available in Navy...So I have to wait for them to release their fall collex.

gregchang35|1432072704|3878678 said:
Woo hoo!!! You realize u have to come back and post pics!!! When is delivery???

You had it shipped..did the store not have the right colour for you? And if they are discontinuing the wallet,it may become a vintage piece and worth sentimentally more!! Yay!

I have a few pieces:-p. My collection started about 3-4 yrs ago... Including a vintage one... LVOE them all! I like my Epi porchette cle. It is vintage and discontinued; bought from a collector. Love the yellow and purple colors (not the LV colour names)
LV-OELY collection! Part of my reason for selecting this color was resale and vintage value. That way if it ISN'T discontinued and comes out in a color I prefer at a later time, I can resell it and rebuy.

They don't make a pouch large enough for my wad o keys ;-)

I will post it when I get it! It just shipped today, the tracking hasn't been updated.

I ordered via the 800-Vuitton or whatever number is their main customer service from the website. I tried to do it online, and when I got to SUBMIT the thing popped up telling me to call them to confirm availability. So they had to complete the order for me.

I am really anxious it will not be 100% perfect, as I've read of some being pulled from boutique stock showing up looking used and with pen markings (just things in general, not this particular item.) My local boutique did not have it in stock, nor would I likely have patronized that location. The way I was treated both times I was in there was ridiculously obnoxious, one of those "do your parents know you're in here wasting our time little poor person!" and unfortunately also typical of just about every store in that mall. Tiffany which is across the "way" from them within the mall is the same way. They all know the "regular big spenders" and if you aren't one of them, you are shit on their shoe whose money is worthless and they make sure you know it. The police for that municipality regularly stalk people around that they know don't live there. The locals will know which location I am discussing.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
That is a shame about the experience in that district. I would definitely not visit the stores again if that is how I was treated. Perhaps once u have received your item, go visit the store again. This time with the wallet in full exposure- pretty women style!!!! Big mistake- big mistake!!! lol!!!! Perhaps they will change?! You could be known to them as a spender! But you may still feel like not comfortable on going back there either.

As for LV resale- like diamonds, they are for enjoyment. LV has a good resale value, check the previous pre love sites I listed before. But what u will get to understdn once u have LV, there is no going back!!! The quality/ feel of the wallets are just amazing. Nothing that I have felt and owned before.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I always thought they were VL wallets
My bad
:naughty:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is here!!!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318560.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318569.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318578.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318586.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I pretty much love it. I was hesitant about the color but it's amazing.

I won't fill it til Sunday because I watch the boys tomorrow and my 3 1/2 year old nephew has a tendency to go looking for my phone in my purse and I don't really want his sticky fingers on it. lol

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318606.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318615.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318623.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1432318631.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, for some reason I thought you decided to get the brown monogram one. I love it! Where is your wallet made? Is it stamped "Made in France"?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1432318736|3880158 said:
Oh, wow, for some reason I thought you decided to get the brown monogram one. I love it! Where is your wallet made? Is it stamped "Made in France"?
It is stamped Made in France, yes. I definitely wanted leather, I have no interest in their canvas. I don't want something that cannot be repaired, but I also don't want their logos all over. This has a small logo blind embossed in the corner.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous!! Hope you use the HELL out of it. Then you will really feel like you got your money's worth! Can't wait to see how you feel about it after some use. :clap: :love: :appl:

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! And MIF! Enjoy!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame, that's really REALLY REALLY gorgeous!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely color and epi is hardy :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1432335017|3880261 said:
It is gorgeous!! Hope you use the HELL out of it. Then you will really feel like you got your money's worth! Can't wait to see how you feel about it after some use. :clap: :love: :appl:
Thank you!!! I am looking very forward to putting her to use.

sweet_blossom|1432335629|3880263 said:
So beautiful! And MIF! Enjoy!
Thank you!

kenny|1432337738|3880268 said:
ame, that's really REALLY REALLY gorgeous!
Thank you!!! It's the Octavia of wallets!

thecat|1432344800|3880298 said:
Lovely color and epi is hardy :appl:
That's my hope! I am really pleased. I had SO much anxiety. Thank you!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is sooo pretty! I like the color and leather combo. What a statement piece!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Use it well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results