shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheered Myself Up With a Pearl Purchase from PP!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after ages of waffling between 2 and 4, I'm going with both. I'm going to make earrings out of pair 2 and earring jackets with pair 4 to wear with my studs. Yes, I have no self restraint.

_30232.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, well they are both lovely and you do wear your other pair a lot, so it seems like wise purchases after all. Looking forward to ear shots!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I love that you purchased both pairs! They look beautiful. :))

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1431666892|3876967 said:
So after ages of waffling between 2 and 4, I'm going with both. I'm going to make earrings out of pair 2 and earring jackets with pair 4 to wear with my studs. Yes, I have no self restraint.

Well done, cmd!! The price of pearls is only going to go up, so make hay while the sun shines!!! Come back with ear pics, pretty please.

P.S. I have found my thin-wire pearl earrings half-out of my ears on a couple of occasions, so I went to my local jeweler and they did have some rubber backs that are unbelievably tiny! But I'm glad I was able to get some that fit. I tried Claire's Accessories small rubber backs and they are too large as well.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, for the first time ever I had one of mine fall out on Friday. Thank goodness I was at my desk! It sealed the deal for going with thicker shepherd hooks for the new ones. I went with regular mail so it might be a while before I can post war shots.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes... Spell check gets me again! It should have been EAR shots, not war shots.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Both pair are beautiful ! Can't wait for the RL photos ! And as for self restraint...you don't have worry about being alone in THAT boat...spending time on this forum it's easy to see that almost NO one here has any self restraint :D Thank goodness for that..what would we do without all the gorgeous photos of the pearly purchases !!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1431923869|3877958 said:
Both pair are beautiful ! Can't wait for the RL photos ! And as for self restraint...you don't have worry about being alone in THAT boat...spending time on this forum it's easy to see that almost NO one here has any self restraint :D Thank goodness for that..what would we do without all the gorgeous photos of the pearly purchases !!
So true! :cheeky:
Cmd I am looking forward to the ear shots.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They came! Here are some ear pics along with a shot with my triple strand from AP (sorry for the bad light and bad hair, and the rotation...am on my iPad and can't resize):

_30861.jpg

_30862.jpg

_30863.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, cmd those look huge on you! And very pretty! These were 9-10mm?

Which pair do you like best?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are 10-11mm, and are noticeably larger than my 9-10mm pair. I would have done 9-10mm but they were out.

Choosing a favourite is hard....I love the jacket drops because they're fancy, but I will wear the shepherd hooks way more. They both have great luster and it's hard to choose between overtones.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! They do look very big. After seeing all the photos of these gorgeous metallics drops, I am on the waiting list for a 10-11mm myself. I am terrible, but in my defense, I don't own anything similar. My plan is to have them on eye pins so I can wear with my huggies -- I hope they won't be too heavy.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those look great! I love the look with the studs. Tucs, the large eye pins at PP are large enough to go over my huggie hoops, fyi

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs,

I'm wearing the shepherd hook earrings today, and they are not heavy at all. I find the metallics are much lighter than similarly sized Tahitians or bead nucleated pearls.

I have to admit that I've looked at the huggie/drop earring combo too. I've become obsessed with convertible jewelry as I think that it gives you so much flexibility for the money. I have an enhancer that I love because it can go on strands or chains (for a casual pendant, or a super fancy look), and I think having earring jackets/huggie drops gives so many different looks for a reasonable investment. I love how people here have done bracelet/necklace combos too for long and short strand wear. I keep thinking that I should get a Tahitian bracelet to go with my strands so I can do the same. My only hesitation is that I would be unlikely to wear it as a bracelet...but I guess I never know until I have one.

In close inspection today, I'd have to say that my shepherd hook pair is just slightly better matched in terms of shape, size, and colour than my other drops. With my head in between though, the very small differences between the drops disappear and only an obsessed pearl perfectionist would even notice them.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were bugging me so I fixed them. And since I am not working when I should be....here are some ear shots of the other pair.

earring_and_strand_1.jpg

earrings_and_strand_2.jpg

earrings_16.jpg

earrings_17.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info, Pirard.

Thanks for the additional photos, cmd. The two pairs look gorgeous. I can't decide which shape I like better for huggies, as they are slightly different, aren't they. So pretty, and I'm sure you'll wear them lots.

I agree about the flexibility some pieces give. Right now I own a pair of small YG huggies my mom got me many years ago. I think they have (gasp, I almost feel blasphemous saying this on Pricescope) baguette CZ. I like them, but I'd like a pair of sparkly WG diamond huggies in the near (?) future, to wear Pearl drops and perhaps other stones, too. A lot of what I see online look large though, my ear lobes are small with low piercings so I need something small, I think.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014:

Please tell me more about your triple strand necklace. It's gorgeous. Size, type of pearl, and vendor?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BWeaves,

It's a 7.5 - 8mm freshwater necklace from American Pearl. They call the line their "high grade freshwater pearl" line. You can order single, double, and triple strand necklaces in a variety of sizes and lengths. If the lengths you want aren't in the drop-down menu, you can email them and they will custom make whatever lengths you want. You have a choice of a sterling silver clasp (which is free), or you can pay to upgrade to a YG or WG clasp. The double and triple clasps that they offer are really pretty. AP is a little slower than the west coast folks in shipping custom pieces. I think I waited a little over 2 weeks for mine to ship. I have found that they are faster with stock items.

Mine is 18, 19, and 20 inches in length with a WG clasp. The pearls have really nice luster, are very close to round, and are clean of blemishes. I have a few off round pearls in my strand, but they are only noticeable on close inspection or from certain angles. I love it. I wear it often with the clasp to the front for variety, as it makes me feel a little like a flapper. My hope was that my new fancy earring jackets would work well with it. I debated going with slightly larger pearls, but I think this size suits me.

I've been meaning to post pictures of it forever....but I haven't had time to get great shots in nice light. I'll start a new thread with some additional pictures so as not to hijack this one.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd your metallic drops are stunning!! They look great on you!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMD, all your looks are gorgeous! You wear pearls so well! :appl:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
There's a PP blog about the upcoming July sale. I didn't see anything I want. :confused:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ennui, Ennui, Ennui July is a very long month and the sale has not even started yet so let's see how you can hold out :lol:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Both pairs of earrings are lovely, but I especially like the jackets with the diamond studs.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1435288916|3894550 said:
Ennui, Ennui, Ennui July is a very long month and the sale has not even started yet so let's see how you can hold out :lol:

True, they will be adding new items as the month progresses.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results