shape
carat
color
clarity

The Holy Grail

LittleSquirrel83

Rough_Rock
After being asked months ago for examples of rings that I LOVE, I FINALLY came across THE ring. It's a RBC set in an 8 prong antique crown setting. This is the only setting that has ever made me say 'YES! That is 100% what I've had in mind all along and never been able to find!' Now, for the bad part. It's a complete ring listed on EraGem, and I don't like the diamond. It's a 2.25ct, which is larger than I want, and it is N in color, which makes it look very warm. I just don't like the stone AT ALL, and for $13k (EraGem's price) I would really want to LOVE the ring. So, I've been looking around to try to find a similar setting, and because it's a setting from the 30's, I can't find one ANYWHERE. The closest thing I have found is the Royal Crown setting from Vatche, but the band is MUCH thicker than I would like. It's just not something I am going to find in today's designer jewelry. Question is: what do I do/where do I go from here? I've heard talk of CADing a design and having it made...but truthfully, I know NOTHING about the jewelry industry. Any opinons/help would be MUCH appreciated.

Here's a picture of the ring:

perfection.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how about arkieb1's soli from Victor canera
i bet you could get that setting and this diamond for the same price.... around. I think will give you a bit of a discount on the diamonds if you buy the setting and stone thought him....
yes its a k, but will not be warm like that N, and is a pretty color in stones this cut style.
https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/xje85q

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-art-deco-8-prong-setting-lola-the-5-34-oec.197495/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-art-deco-8-prong-setting-lola-the-5-34-oec.197495/[/URL]

img_1207_0.jpg

LittleSquirrel83

Rough_Rock
That is gorgeous, and the closest thing I have seen to the real thing!! My only concern is that it doesn't look as delicate as the original...but I'm sure the width of the band is negotiable. Thank you for the tip. I have some direction, now!! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleSquirrel83|1431899745|3877851 said:
That is gorgeous, and the closest thing I have seen to the real thing!! My only concern is that it doesn't look as delicate as the original...but I'm sure the width of the band is negotiable. Thank you for the tip. I have some direction, now!! :love:
one thing you are going to have to accept is that a vintage ring will always seem more delicate and soft and that is because someone wore it for 40 years.

also there are many vendors you can just show that inspiration ring to and they will do their best to replicate it. For a price of course.

also Arkieb1's diamond would be larger than yours, so the whole thing would be more delicate because it would be smaller. And you are right, you can always ask for a thinner shank :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just noticed they only refurbished it and set the diamond, the ring was bought from eBay. They actually thinned the ring down.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a little more simple, but its priced accordingly. Ive seen it priced in gold under 400, and I'm sure it would be plat for under 1k,which would leave you all sorts of money for the perfect center stones

joy_day3.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pics of Victor's ring are blown up in size. I put his ring (the back of the band) next to an 80+ year old Antique ring I have which will photograph like the above ring you like and the back of the newer ring is not that much (only marginally) larger in thickness because the old one has had over 80 years of wear plus its been resized, which has thinned out the shank a bit. I am sure you could ask Victor for a different version or a thinner simpler 8 prong, mine was designed to hold a 5+ carat stone so it has to have some substance to it. It is a lot more delicate in real life than it looks in the pics. Or alternatively Erica could probably make you something the under gallery is different but here is one of her 8 prongs;

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-julia-solitaire/

And if you phone him Adam from OWD who does not answer emails makes a version of an antique 8 prong ring as well that looks O.K.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
This was my solitaire from OWD before I reset my stone into its current halo. It's very similar to your holy grail setting, and I know OWD could easily remake it for you.

img_5367.jpg

600281_10201326962199004_1349896131_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results