shape
carat
color
clarity

question about what nail color to wear....lol

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I never ever worry about things like the color of my nail polish..I just dont care...but I know there are alot of very talented women on this board that love nail polish and for that matter alot of women on here that can match colors so much better then I can so I turn to you all for advice of the very non important type lol. My son is graduating high school next weekend and I finally bought a new dress to wear, it is a sleeveless navy dress with small white polka dots, I bought a short white jacket to wear with it..so here is the very important question...navy or white nail polish?? see I told you it was unimportant...but I am at a loss as to which one I want to wear...thank you all for reading this and possibly helping me :D

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider navy to be more fall/winter shade so I'd choose white as it's May. Congrats on your grad!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks baby monster..I am so on the fence on what color to wear, I actually bought white but I think I am going to buy navy in case I change my mind.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought white Essie nail polish..worst ever..streaking and looked almost light purple :nono: so I decided to add clear top coat with dark blue and silver glitter..not sure of that look either, I am gonna wear for awhile and if I dont like it I will go with navy.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I would wear a classic red. Nail polish color doesn't necessarily need to match - it just needs to compliment your outfit. =)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seldom wear nail vanish except to go somewhere special, and normally stick with a very pale blue pearlescent colour, just one coat to "dress" the nails so that I can wear my nicer rings for the night. If it chips, it is not very noticeable, unlike brighter and darker colours.

DK :))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go with a French manicure. I always do when in doubt.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1431812815|3877569 said:

I was also thinking a French manicure would look oh so perfect with your navy/white ensemble! Otherwise, if it were me, I'd go with a neutral/nude/flesh color, matte or shiny, rather than navy - and I'm just not sure about the white (can't quite imagine it? is it an opaque heavy white? or a sheer white?)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
all very good ideas...the dress is so classic that a french manicure might be the way to go..the white looked awful...I put the blue sparkley on top but I am not sure I like it...other then its sparkly I do like that lol..thanks all.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like French manicure, however, it takes time and effort, and a steady hand. Hence I go for one coat pearlescent colours instead.

DK :))

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Red.

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

I have to agree, it will give you a neutral bit of white; personally full white I find is a little....um....just not really attractive (personally, just me obviously)....

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR SON!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock

I have to agree, it will give you a neutral bit of white; personally full white I find is a little....um....just not really attractive (personally, just me obviously)....

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR SON!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it isn't one of your choices, but put me in the red camp (or a pale pink). It compliments your outfit, rather than matching which I don't think of as being the purpose of nail color, generally.

Congratulations on your son's graduation!

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
On a side note, my favourite red right now is by Christian Louboutin "Rouge Louboutin". It is pricey, but the colour is a perfect red.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of red and get some red shoes as well, make an impression!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1431807386|3877541 said:
I bought white Essie nail polish..worst ever..streaking and looked almost light purple :nono: so I decided to add clear top coat with dark blue and silver glitter..not sure of that look either, I am gonna wear for awhile and if I dont like it I will go with navy.
White polish is tricky to apply and finding a good formula is tough. Essie is the worst when it comes to white creams. The best white I have is OPI Angel with a Lead Foot from last year's Mustang collection. It goes on well and opaque in 2 coats. It was a limited edition but you should still be able to find it online.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic lipstick red.

Or if you are k trying to go for a summer look a bubblegum pink would feel more summer.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
I would be adding another colour. Lots of colours go with navy and white but i would be picking pink or red.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With navy and white at this time of year I would do coral!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1431830319|3877646 said:
With navy and white at this time of year I would do coral!

This would be my pick too, if your complexion can support it. Coral lipstick shoes and nail polish.

5b50765b252ffd6a3791d308417c4af0.jpg

img_7958.jpg

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
My go-to for any kind of special occasion is a pink-nude! That way my hands look polished but pretty :angel:
My favourites are:
Not Just A Pretty Face (Essie) or
Eternal Optimist (Essie)
They are both pink nudes, Eternal Optimist being slightly a more blushed pink, and NJAPF being more nude pink

I know you had a bad experience with Essie polishes, but I have bought numerous bottles of each and they go on so easily and streak free!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for a French manicure.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
CrazyBirdLady|1431829329|3877639 said:
I would be adding another colour. Lots of colours go with navy and white but i would be picking pink or red.

This is exactly why I said red polish in the first place. When you have an outfit that's made up of primarily two colors, it's a good rule of thumb to add a third color somewhere (whether it's shoes, handbag/clutch, jewelry, or even nail polish).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh you all have great suggestions...see this is why I turned to you all :appl: thank you all so much, I have much to think about I will think about it this week and then when I go to the store I will have to buy something...hmmm I am liking the pink, coral and red...I love red and red is the school color...so that might win!! love the red shoes idea!!! thank you again.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Chanel makes a great classic red too and it's a fun little splurge ;-) There are plenty of drug store reds too if you want to go less expensive. On my toes right now, I'm wearing a red by Sally Hansen called "Red Snapper" Triple Shine. It's a bold, classic red with just a hint of orange tones to give it a nice pop (which makes it perfect for spring) - and the shine is nice. I found it at Walgreens.

af5d9663-2.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another classic red or coral vote here!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for coral! Love the pics gypsy posted, the colors really do work well together.

Out of the 2 choices you mentioned, I'd go with white. My dd was wearing white polish yesterday, and it looked really nice! She tells me it's the "in" color for summer right now lol.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to go with the reddish orange color that is very pretty and think it will look great, thank you all for your help it shouldnt have been this hard for me but it was and you all made it much easier for me :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results